Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
ricky lambert has 17 pens and has scored 1 in 7....

he has 16 free kicks and has scored 6 in 14 games....

Take him off pens then! I change my penalty taker every time he misses one. It's obviously a confidence/morale thing. Once they miss, they keep missing!
I can't remember the last time I scored from a direct free kick! I signed a player who was 20 on free-kicks and 19 on pens. He scored 1 free-kick in the entire season and missed every spot kick too!

Defending is atrocious thanks to the match engine, I have players like Lahm getting skinned by Second Division players, and CBs leaving too much open space at the back.

On my Arsenal save QPR beat me 5-0 at Loftus R., because my defenders don't know how close space >:(.

I couldn't disagree more! I think defending has improved massively after the recent patches, and I think most people on here would agree. You just have to get your tactics and your preparation right.

I couldn't disagree more! I think defending has improved massively after the recent patches, and I think most people on here would agree. You just have to get your tactics and your preparation right.
I've lost three 2-0 leads in 3 consecutives games to go 2-2(D) ,3-2(L) ,2-2(D).
Players from Mainz and Gladbach are making my defenders look schoolboy-ish.
I'm just done with this save, I've tried everything. It's absolutely ridiculous and the next most frustrating thing to FIFA 13.

Last edited:
The finishing is awful at times! If they hit the target, it's directly at the keeper, but if they don't do that the ball goes at least 5 yards wide! Any ideas on how to improve this?

Hate it when FM crashes! Run time errors can do one! I'm playing as San Marino club and country and had two games of each that were lost due to the crash.

Before:
8-0 Cagliari
5-2 Dortmund
0-0 Holland
3-1 Liechtenstein

After:
3-2 Cagliari
2-2 Dortmund
0-7 Holland
1-3 Liechtenstein

Defending in the latter stages of the game seems very difficult, the AI can somehow summon a lot of willpower to equalize if they're goal down once the clock hits that 75 min mark. Yeah I know my players are tired etc but still...
Reminds me of the FM 07 (?) days where the opposing team would always switch to 4-2-4 in the end and just overrun you with chances.

FM13's Goalkeepers suck - YouTube

I'm sick of goalkeepers in this game.
Yep. In addition to what you posted, they all seem to suffer from a ridiculously severe case of the Hugo Lloris Syndrome. Incredible that no patch has addressed it.

Defending in the latter stages of the game seems very difficult, the AI can somehow summon a lot of willpower to equalize if they're goal down once the clock hits that 75 min mark. Yeah I know my players are tired etc but still...
Reminds me of the FM 07 (?) days where the opposing team would always switch to 4-2-4 in the end and just overrun you with chances.

Yep. In addition to what you posted, they all seem to suffer from a ridiculously severe case of the Hugo Lloris Syndrome. Incredible that no patch has addressed it.

What is wrong with the opposition flooding men forward to try and claw a goal back when they are losing? This is completely rational and to be honest why wouldn't they?

All you have to do is adjust your style to combat theirs. Although admittedly it never seems to work for me switching to overload and having 4 upfront when I'm losing.

Hate it when FM crashes! Run time errors can do one! I'm playing as San Marino club and country and had two games of each that were lost due to the crash.

Before:
8-0 Cagliari
5-2 Dortmund
0-0 Holland
3-1 Liechtenstein

After:
3-2 Cagliari
2-2 Dortmund
0-7 Holland
1-3 Liechtenstein

Same here! Just played an FA Cup match. Won 3-1 at Newcastle. Before I could manage to save my game, it crashed! So I reloaded, played the game again, same team selection, same tactics, drew 0-0! Tried again, this time lost 2-1! My players even had different reactions to pre-match team talks in each game! How random is that, that you can play the same match 3 times with the same team selection and tactics and get 3 completely different results! Surely the conditions going into the match are exactly the same each time?

In the past I've done the same thing, but changed team selection and tactics each time and got the same result each time, 3 draws!

My 4th attempt at the Newcastle match resulted in a 1-0 for me. Not as good as the initial 3-1, but I'm taking it!

Last edited:
What is wrong with the opposition flooding men forward to try and claw a goal back when they are losing? This is completely rational and to be honest why wouldn't they?

All you have to do is adjust your style to combat theirs. Although admittedly it never seems to work for me switching to overload and having 4 upfront when I'm losing.
Nothing wrong at all in principle, it's just that combatting it is too difficult imo, and especially if you are the superior team. I've tried several approaches, with varying levels of success. Any pointers?

And as you pointed out, the same strategy is hard to implement from your point of view.

Nothing wrong at all in principle, it's just that combatting it is too difficult imo, and especially if you are the superior team. I've tried several approaches, with varying levels of success. Any pointers?

And as you pointed out, the same strategy is hard to implement from your point of view.

Well it depends what tactic and formation you are using and what formation your opponent is using. Sometimes I simply change a few of my players from attack to defend duty and and set player marking on their advanced players. Get your cms to mark both of their cms assuming you are both playing 4-4-2. The same thing doesn't always work with every team I play as, so i tend to just test different ways out till I find one that works with my team.

Having said all that it can be difficult sometimes as you get the feeling that the opposition has just decided they are going to score and their average players play like super stars.

Transfer listed players asking for too much money i.e kaka on my everton save he wanted 250k a week but ended up at man city for 150k. The comments and press conferences needs a massive overhaul , i dont think its changed for last 3 years.

in an FAT match against a similar rated opponent.

First half, I score (I'm away) and have a promising half of misses too. 1-0.

Then straight after halftime, my keeper who just needs to pass it 10 yards to a defender, belts the ball between my two CB's straight to there striker who runs around my CB's and scores. Yay for game engine.

Wouldn't bother me so much if this didn't happen ALMOST EVERY GAME. Regardless of how I have his distribution set.

Then, going into injury time at 1-1. A cross comes in, and their defender stumbles while next to mine..

and a red card is given?

I thought the laws on last defenders where 'Player must have control of the ball'. Well he certiantly did considering the cross was way to high in the first place when he was fouled.

Then one of my players on a yellow gets involved and there goes another yellow and his off. Down to 9.

Penalty is scored with 2 mins of game time left.

Then I equalize..

Hurrah for me...

Hey guys! For begin, I'm sorry for my bad english... Ok, I play Football Manager 2012, but I have this kind of problem... All matches starts at 15:00 Saturday... UCL matches play in one day... Please if someone can help me.

Hey guys! For begin, I'm sorry for my bad english... Ok, I play Football Manager 2012, but I have this kind of problem... All matches starts at 15:00 Saturday... UCL matches play in one day... Please if someone can help me.

Go through settings (might be under network) and check for a box that is ticked called 'Games played on the same day'. It's something along those lines, I can't remember what it's called exactly in FM12.

Obviously not! All I'm saying is that the game should be about a career and that it should have something built in to ensure you can't start at the top. You have to earn the right to manage a big club by being successful with lesser clubs. Where's the skill in going straight to a club packed with Galacticos and millions in the bank to buy more, then downloading someone else's tactic to ensure that you win every trophy on offer?

Because they buy the game and should play how they want.

So SI should take out the editor while theyre at it?

So one of the best games I had for a long time just went corrupt, due to a blown fuse exactly the moment I was saving my game. Apparently the earliest restoration I can make is from yesterday. **** that ****!

I have just updated steam and then I opened the game and every went fine but when I was going to play a match against Tottenham there wasn't a start game button in the right corner when you can see the starting lineups. Does anyone know what the problem is?
View attachment 319195

Back