Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
I've just had an opponent put in an overhit cross which is going out for goalkick, but my goalkeeper decides to punch it straight to a striker who is on the 6 yard line. Easiest goal he'll ever score. Why does this **** always happen to my side, and never my opponents?

I've just had an opponent put in an overhit cross which is going out for goalkick, but my goalkeeper decides to punch it straight to a striker who is on the 6 yard line. Easiest goal he'll ever score. Why does this **** always happen to my side, and never my opponents?

Okay, just had one go my way. Freekick for me, about 25/30 yards out. My player doesn't hit it that well and it's straight at the keeper. Keeper just pushes it out a yard a two and then just stands there as my striker rushes in and taps it in.

:D If you really believe what you've just written, then either the SI staff are having you on, or the "season-ticket holding fan" is having them on... Either way, the result is the same: the game is c**p..

I know more than one person who are researchers. I've discussed things with the Villa researcher and he's implemented a few of my suggestions. If you're suggesting it's some kind of conspiracy or illusion then you're pretty ******* stupid, as it goes against SI's word, the researcher's existences and also common sense, since SI get lots of good quality information for free from those researchers.

Frankly, I'd be more inclined to believe their researcher over you. There's a whole range of reasons why your 'problem' applies in game. Not to mention the fact that you did invest quite heavily: Rodriguez, Davis, Mayuka, Clyne, Forren, Yoshida and Ramirez, off the top of my head. That's why Southampton have a reduced transfer and wage budget: they've already spent it.

I know more than one person who are researchers. I've discussed things with the Villa researcher and he's implemented a few of my suggestions. If you're suggesting it's some kind of conspiracy or illusion then you're pretty ******* stupid, as it goes against SI's word, the researcher's existences and also common sense, since SI get lots of good quality information for free from those researchers.

Frankly, I'd be more inclined to believe their researcher over you. There's a whole range of reasons why your 'problem' applies in game. Not to mention the fact that you did invest quite heavily: Rodriguez, Davis, Mayuka, Clyne, Forren, Yoshida and Ramirez, off the top of my head. That's why Southampton have a reduced transfer and wage budget: they've already spent it.

And you're insulting me why?
I tell you what, you just carry on believing that you are actually being a Football Manager and I carry on thinking that I'm playing a game. And playing a game where you haven't got a chance of winning before you start isn't much fun in my view.
By the way, have you ever tried to replay the same game after your last save over and over without changing the parameters? Same players, same opponents, same tactics, same team talk etc... Play it 3 times and it comes up with 3 different results. So my question is: what's the point in changing the parameters? In fact, what's the point in "managing" the team?

And you're insulting me why?

Because you're being cynical and dismissive in a situation where the truth is so obviously apparent.

I tell you what, you just carry on believing that you are actually being a Football Manager and I carry on thinking that I'm playing a game. And playing a game where you haven't got a chance of winning before you start isn't much fun in my view.

No, you haven't got a chance of winning. Most of us seem to be coping just fine.

By the way, have you ever tried to replay the same game after your last save over and over without changing the parameters? Same players, same opponents, same tactics, same team talk etc... Play it 3 times and it comes up with 3 different results.

Yes, because the list of variables so so massive of course it's going to change the result. What, you want the result to be exactly the same each time you play? It wouldn't happen in real life, so why should it happen in game?

So my question is: what's the point in changing the parameters? In fact, what's the point in "managing" the team?

Because then you affect controllable variables, like your team's morale, substitutions, tactics, and so on and so forth. There are some things you can't change - the pitch, the weather, the opposition and what have you - but there are so many more you can. It's the same with any other game; you control the variables you can to accomplish tasks.

This ***** happens all the time but never to the other team.

Just had a player get sent off for a two footed lunge within 2 minutes of coming on as a sub. I'm near the bottom of the table and trying to just get scrappy/battling performances together. I brought him on because he's one of my team's best players for set pieces (not to mention a bullet long throw). Idiot.

Just had a player get sent off for a two footed lunge within 2 minutes of coming on as a sub. I'm near the bottom of the table and trying to just get scrappy/battling performances together. I brought him on because he's one of my team's best players for set pieces (not to mention a bullet long throw). Idiot.

I can relate to that one. I once had my star striker suffer a long-term injury, and was really struggling to score without him. Finally got him back and was so excited... 16 seconds into his return, he elbows a dude in the face and gets sent off. So I was without him the remaining 89:44 of that game plus the obvious 3-match ban.

AML. Right Footed. Has PPM of Cuts Inside. Set to Inside Forward and Cut Inside. So of course he spends every match hugging the touchline and never cutting inside.

AML. Right Footed. Has PPM of Cuts Inside. Set to Inside Forward and Cut Inside. So of course he spends every match hugging the touchline and never cutting inside.
Make him learn 'avoids using weaker foot' and he'll take maybe half of his shots with the wrong foot. Happened to me.

2-0 up at half time. Tell my players to not get complacent. Game tells me they're all focused and motivated. So of course they go and completely collapse after half time.

My winger's being a greedy *******! He wants a new contract and is already on 75K a week. Max I can offer is 65K so he's already by far the highest earner. He won't settle for less than 200k a week and has handed in a transfer request. If he wasn't so good I'd want rid of him!

My Chelsea team can't score from penalties!! This is ridiculous!
Hazard has never scored a penalty, not even in penalty shootout for crying out loud!!!! Mikel one of the same... Even Lampard has a ratio 1/2...
And the worst of all is that they don't miss them themselves, but the opposing keepers save them...

my frustration is something different its being bad at stories i read all these great FM stories and just wish i could do them but im shiza

For my team to win a match, they have to play flawlessly and completely perfectly.
For my opponents to beat me? They don't have to do a lot, because my players always do something completely retarded. EVERY GAME.

Also doesn't help when you quite clearly score (the ball goes in the net) yet a goalkick is given.

And now one of my players comes out in the media criticising me for criticising my players in my post match team talk after we go out on penalties to a team that played for almost the entire match with 10 men. Can't believe how ridiculously stupid this game is.

The game is totally flawed. Ridiculously hard, I've failed to get past the first season on all but two games. Tried so many different tactics, to no avail. It just doesn't seem as enjoyable as previous years.

Definitely not playing this version again, and might just leave the series entirely after this shambles of a game.

Won all my pre season games by more than 2 goals and won one game 8-1 vs OM with Sunderland full moral ready to rock......whaaam lost first 5 games Norwich beat me 4-1 game is a pile of **** all the changes are not real not better nor are they realistic stop lying to yourself! the game is not fun anymore!....

The 4-4-2 is dead!

The full back are no good in support or attack!

And even when i get a winning tactic like my back to basic 4-4-2 WON LEAGUE WITH GENOA! fist season they patch game and i cant win a game with same tactic i just won the league with????????!!!!!

Back