Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Striker. Right footed only. Played clean through. No defenders anywhere near him. Plenty of time. For some reason, shifts it onto his left and blazes it over. WTF?

Striker. Right footed only. Played clean through. No defenders anywhere near him. Plenty of time. For some reason, shifts it onto his left and blazes it over. WTF?

and even when you train them not to use weaker foot they still do this lol

And now, the same player, 1 vs 1 counter attack. Instead of running into the space and trying to take on the last defender, he just keeps to running down the touchline before eventually making it to the box, where now the opposing side's defenders are all back now and easily dispossess him, because he's unwilling to shoot or even cross.

Happens every time I get a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 counter attack. Players are completely unwilling to take on players and prefer to waste the attack by jogging down the wing.

And now, the same player, 1 vs 1 counter attack. Instead of running into the space and trying to take on the last defender, he just keeps to running down the touchline before eventually making it to the box, where now the opposing side's defenders are all back now and easily dispossess him, because he's unwilling to shoot or even cross.

Happens every time I get a 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 1 counter attack. Players are completely unwilling to take on players and prefer to waste the attack by jogging down the wing.
Could have a low decision/composure rating?

It's decent for the quality of the league, but I would've thought just about any player would see the chance to score a goal and take it? Especially seeing as this guy is set as my Poacher/Advanced forward.

Last edited:
It just gets worse and worse this game. Opponents attacking, plenty of players back. Crosser is inside the box, but there are two players closing him down so he's going nowhere. So, for absolutely no reason, both of those players decide to run away from him and let him cross unchallenged to the back post, where for some reason my right back has decided he doesn't need to mark the opposing winger. Easy goal. Idiots. Idiots everywhere.

Second leg of the Spanish Supercup appears to have been scheduled whilst 90% of my team are travelling for internationals. What kind of organisation is this???

View attachment 326100

Second leg of the Spanish Supercup appears to have been scheduled whilst 90% of my team are travelling for internationals. What kind of organisation is this???

View attachment 326100
Yep, absolute nonsense. I had to play the final of the Champions League on May 25, 2015 without Chicharito Hernandez or my starting DMC, Jorge Enriquez, because the Mexican team was called up to the Gold Cup squad 2 weeks before the Gold Cup begins. No option to delay their joining the squad like in real life, no logic in having SI just program it so that the players are called up in June when there are no competitions. Nope.

So far eigjt under 18's players are requesting transfers becauae their not getting first team action

None of you bastards go above half a star in potential and no stats go above 8 thrres a ****** reason!

I never reload, but I swear had I saved before this match I would have, don't care if I won or not. Just take a look at the first 30 minutes:
View attachment 326225
Insane. Absolutely mental. And none of the injured players had their condition below 97% before the match.

I never reload, but I swear had I saved before this match I would have, don't care if I won or not. Just take a look at the first 30 minutes:
View attachment 326225
Insane. Absolutely mental. And none of the injured players had their condition below 97% before the match.

That's FM13 for you. Where you get more injuries than hot dinners.

Can someone please help me i have only just got fm 2013 due to not really having time to play but i have a major problem the skin is actually making the game unplayable its hideous everything clashes and is barley visible please can someone recommend a skin i can use something close to fm 12 maybe.

thanks in advance for any help given.

Game has started crashing regularly

Really annoying. In my third season and I'm getting mid-match crashes which force FM to close and then I have to restart my computer to reload as it thinks FM is still running. I'll print screen next time, but it gives me a message about crash dump .dmp.

/rant on

-) Ridiculous amount of injuries.

-) Bias towards higher leagues regarding player attributes - same player's suddenly rated way higher just because he now plays in f.e. PL, BBVA, German Bundesliga. Nothing that just happens in the game, but you get it with every database update (be it new instalment of FM or winter transfers). So the player was either way underrated before or is way overrated now. Nothing so drastic would happen if the player had stayed at his former club. Looking at you, researchers.

-) Missing rules for something like your DoF handling contracts - "Do what you must, Mr. DoF, but never ever put a stupid minimum fee release clause to contracts! Or at least make it 2times the player value.".

-) The infamous winter slump! Great example: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...1-post-your-frustrations-113.html#post1703975
I spent the last days reading different forums finding something like a solution for this problem - without success. What I found:
a) It's your tactics, opposition get's used to it - well, could be true if I was using the same tactic the whole time without variation. Alas I'm not. I use 3 different tactics (offensive, controlling, defensive - giving me great results so far) which I (more or less) modify to match my opposition (pitch size, formation, ...) and I rotate my (quite happy) players.
b) Complacency - could be, but in such a vast amount that my team get's hammered 7:2 by the by far worst team in the league that so far had 1 win with only 10 goals scored?! Winter is coming and suddenly every opposition plays like Bayern Munich (I'm tired of "...like Barca") - even lowest reputation clubs from, let's say, Hungary with generated players who don't even play in a League. From there on you might get a draw every now and then if you're lucky, and that's it.
c) New players/players sold - nope, no changes to my squad.
Until I found a reason/solution for this, I'm convinced that the game boosts opposition when you're on an exceptionally good run. This has nothing to do with the ME, but something like "IF playerclub.consecutivewins > 10 THEN opposition.players.attributes.add(5)" IS possible and very easily done code wise. Basically you don't manipulate the ME but you manipulate the data you feed the ME with. ****, it's something I as a developer would definitely consider adding to f.e. prevent "uber-goalsgalore" tactics from working. If your team consists mainly of top-notch players, it doesn't really matter and you probably wouldn't notice it (not so much difference between 18, 19 or 20) - but if you don't manage a top club it's simply devastating.

[edit]
-) Agents!
[/edit]

/rant off

Last edited:
Well, resigned from my previous club due to boredom. We were doing fine, but a 3-0 home defeat helped to bring forward my quitting. I was already planning on leaving, as I didn't see much chance of progression - I wanted to join a league where I wasn't already near the top but always missing out on trophies. I wanted a club where I could get promoted, where going on a decent cup run is considered a success. I wanted to manage an underdog again.

Took a couple of months out (game time wise) then joined Raith Rovers, which I thought would be a decent job to take on. Guess I should've paid attention to how badly run the club was before signing. Only one DC with any sort of ability at the club, plus a host of other average players on pretty decent wages. Smallish squad with little cover. I have about $1000 left of my wage budget (which isn't too bad). Problem is, they won't let me spend it. I need loanees and freebies (outside of transfer window). I have a look around to see why. Whilst I don't know if it is related, but it seems that, despite being on the brink of the sack, the club let the previous manager sign a tonne of players on pre contracts and they join at the end of the season. Annoying, as a couple of them look absolute dog ****, and a couple come from relatively large clubs in comparison to Raith, so I'm guessing they'll be paid a fair whack. Guess it's realistic - some clubs in real football are badly run, but it's ****** annoying when you take over at a club where it's been so badly managed by the previous manager.

Thankfully, this save hasn't gone too badly for me, so maybe I'll do alright. Don't think a conventional 4-4-2 is going to work at this club considering the players at my disposal.

Goalkeepers are still absolutely retarded. Corner goes in to my box, keeper (I think, can't tell on 2D) dives for a header when he's got a defender on the post covering it. Then he decides to just lie on the floor for ages and my defenders refuse to challenge for the ball as it comes back off the post, easy tap in for opponents. Morons.

Frustrating one for my opponents. I have just discovered the joys of using the media to destroy the morale of opposing players. The AI must be tearing it's artificial hair out seeing their low determination goalkeeper drop from Fairly Good morale down to Abysmal just because I said they might be a weak link. Thank god the AI doesn't seem to use this option a lot in the lower leagues.

Just came back from 1-0 down with 10 men to beat Dortmund 3-1 yet NONE of my goals registered. They were shown as goal icons on the timeline at the bottom of the screen yet the final score still sat at 1-0 to them. Never seen this before.

So far eigjt under 18's players are requesting transfers becauae their not getting first team action

None of you bastards go above half a star in potential and no stats go above 8 thrres a ****** reason!
hahaha yeah!!!

Stupid ******* tactical delay!!!!!

1 nil up away against Everton in my first season as a premier league manager with Blackpool, really needed the 3 points so subbed of one of my inside forwards, for a sweeper, MADE SURE I UN-TICKED THE ******* 'swap position with' box, confirm, subs come on and WHO THE **** IS MARKING JELAVIC IN THE LAST 30 SECONDS OF THE GAME?! JOHNNY ******* RUSSELL! 1-1. 2 points dropped.

******* ******* ****!

edit
My next game was away to man utd. I saved/reloaded until I won.

Game cheats me, I cheat back.

Last edited:
Back