Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug, but it really annoys me that when you start to approach or exceed your wage budget, your board restrict signing new contracts for existing players to the same wage restrictions as new players, even if they are taking a wage cut!

For instance, Gallas is currently on £37k a week on my Swansea save. He is willing to resign a new contract for the same length of time but for £32k, yet my board are restricting my wages to £2.3k for a rotation player, despite the fact that if Gallas signed this new contract I would be £5k better off a week.

Is this based on the away rule? I thought that only applied to stages above the group stages.

Honestly don't know how people can say the match engine is fine and looks like an actual game of football :|
Unless you're playing a different game to me, the match engine is awful. the graphics for starters look like the same graphics I had on my old FIFA '98 game! In fact, that might be a bit harsh towards FIFA '98.. I've never seen football players play a game of football like they do on FM. They're like headless chickens sometimes! Certain shouts like 'get stuck in' and 'hassle opponents' don't work, unless the modern day defender's idea of "getting stuck in" means dropping to the floor, sticking out a leg and watching the opponent walk around him. Certain players are untouchable. If you playing against Real Madrid, you're not even allowed to breath near Ronaldo and believe me I've had defenders close enough to him where they can steal the ball off him, look up at all of their team mates in space and still have time to make the pass! I'm saying all this like I hate the game and I'm never going to play it again, but I'll still probably buy the next FM in the hope that the makers of the game have realised how awful the match scenario actually is and have made it look like a game built in 2013

still boring conversations with players and opposition managers. "Im not his biggest fan put it that way" has not changed for years.
Where are the scandalls?, the dragged out contracts?, the players getting put in prison for drink driving!! anything to spice it up a bit. The same thing said for every trophy you win zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Opposition striker with the ball sprinting through your defence - despite being slower (acc/pac 12/11) than your defenders (14/14 & 17/13)...

there needs to be an option for only 1 man to close down player on the ball, fed up of the number of times 2 defenders go to the man and get beaten in behind

Finished 5th, 2 points off 4th with Arbroath in Scottish League 2 so didn't make the playoffs. Most of my players left so now I barely have a squad. Can't decide whether to stick it out and try and find players or whether to look for another job. My wage budget is now £250p/w and the board won't allow me to do anything like increasing scouting pool or have a youth trial day.

Really hard to have patience with this game when your defenders refuse to defend. Being completely static letting the slowest player on the pitch run past you with ease to score a hat trick. Setting players to mark specific players then constantly leaving them completely open with a run at goal. 2 defenders, for absolutely no reason tactically, constantly 5 yards behind the other two defenders leaving giant gaps in the defence.

And now the clincher. A central defender running away from a cross into his own box allowing a striker the easiest headed goal of his career.

Complete joke.

Now I have a player brilliantly stopping my opponents from getting a throw in... by heading it straight out for a corner. Intentionally. Did I accidentally buy Football Manager 2013: ****** Edition instead of the proper game? I swear to god the people who only have positive things to say about this game bought a completely different game to me.

Also doesn't help when your opponents play completely flawlessly every game no matter how bad or good they are. I actually have to completely outplay them and beat them with real quality rather than taking advantage of their retardedness that I've come to expect from my players.

So, perfect first 75 minutes. We actually manage to get our tactics right. First win for this club? Nope, my entire team decides to completely undo all their good work and refuse to defend for the last 15 minutes. 2-0 lead goes to 3-2 defeat. Even worse is the side I was playing is absolutely atrocious in the last 15 minutes of games. Game quit. Last straw, never playing again.

Defending set pieces is just utterly useless! You always concede from deep free kicks and from corners! even when setting match prep to defend set pieces for 3 weeks and have a very, very good set piece set up!

nothing seems to work to prevent them scoring!

starting to tickle my **** a bit

What the ****? from the start of the season to 10.04 i had 32 injuries!!! Is it a bug in the game?

Back