Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
I just don't get this game sometimes. We're 2nd in the league, confidence is sky high. I set up my team with a BALANCED style, with strategy set to CONTROL. I set all my players to SHORT passing. They all have excellent mental attributes for COMPOSURE, CONCENTRATION and DECISIONS. Their technical attributes are tops also on PASSING, FIRST TOUCH and TECHNIQUE. I use the shout RETAIN POSSESSION and PASS TO FEET. Every part of the tactic familiarity is FLUID. So why oh why do they insist on doing the exact opposite? Instead of passing short they seem to want to hoof as far and as aimlessly as they can at every opportunity. Instead of passing to feet they play it in the air over the top. Nothing in the tactic, their roles, their attributes or my instructions tell them to do this. If any of the experts on here can give me an explanation as to why this happens then I'd be eternally grateful!

I have found that when players start to disobey instructions its because something's not quite right with the tactics, ie they can't find a player in space so they hoof but to be honest, this latest champ I just don't get. I have a player on short passing with two teammates around him and he dwells on the ball like he doesn't know whether is Tuesday or Norway. I also find a tactic works for like 5 games before you have to change the whole thing. I just don't like this version. All the 'studying' you have to, for heaven's sake, I just want to play a game not learn the trade.

FM13 = a good series becoming moribund. Let it die.

I just don't get this game sometimes. We're 2nd in the league, confidence is sky high. I set up my team with a BALANCED style, with strategy set to CONTROL. I set all my players to SHORT passing. They all have excellent mental attributes for COMPOSURE, CONCENTRATION and DECISIONS. Their technical attributes are tops also on PASSING, FIRST TOUCH and TECHNIQUE. I use the shout RETAIN POSSESSION and PASS TO FEET. Every part of the tactic familiarity is FLUID. So why oh why do they insist on doing the exact opposite? Instead of passing short they seem to want to hoof as far and as aimlessly as they can at every opportunity. Instead of passing to feet they play it in the air over the top. Nothing in the tactic, their roles, their attributes or my instructions tell them to do this. If any of the experts on here can give me an explanation as to why this happens then I'd be eternally grateful!

Maybe it's because players don't always do as they're told in real life.

Maybe it's because players don't always do as they're told in real life.

Sorry to say, but FM13 is a game! If the players settings, attributes and instructions mean so little that they are virtually ignored for the sake of realism, then why are they there in the first place???

Why is the came forcing me to run my team like a daycare. I want to be able to:

1) Fine players when I feel like it like in the earlier versions.
2) Have the team understand that the reason we training so hard is because they didnt perform in the pitch... Or have punishment training option!
3) Have a team meeting where I "thank" the players for ******** on our title chances! Team meetings as a whole are just riddiculous! The only option is to basically hold the players hands. When my goal is to win the title, second place just dont cut it! So the game should understand that I dont consider that as "playing well" as that is pretty much my only lineoption in a team meeting.

The option to give negative team-talk after the game just isnt enough! Everything in this game is designed so that that the player is almost forced to keep the morale high. F**k the morale! I want to vent my anger! (6)

So after I go ballistic I get fired or morale goes to the crapper. So what? IT'S A GAME! I can always start a new game! The game shouldnt have this much control on how I treat or talk to my players.

Last edited:
Why is the came forcing me to run my team like a daycare. I want to be able to:

1) Fine players when I feel like it like in the earlier versions.
2) Have the team understand that the reason we training so hard is because they didnt perform in the pitch... Or have punishment training option!
3) Have a team meeting where I "thank" the players for ******** on our title chances! Team meetings as a whole are just riddiculous! The only option is to basically hold the players hands. When my goal is to win the title, second place just dont cut it! So the game should understand that I dont consider that as "playing well" as that is pretty much my only lineoption in a team meeting.

The option to give negative team-talk after the game just isnt enough! Everything in this game is designed so that that the player is almost forced to keep the morale high. F**k the morale! I want to vent my anger! (6)

So after I go ballistic I get fired or morale goes to the crapper. So what? IT'S A GAME! I can always start a new game! The game shouldnt have this much control on how I treat or talk to my players.

Totally agree. team talks and team meetings are way too biased towards the players and the maintenance of their morale.

While we're on the subject, why can't I tell a player not to be so f***ing stupid when he asks for a transfer or to go out on loan the day after the window closes? More to the point, why can't SI produce a game that doesn't have these silly basic little bugs!

Because in real life they are little ******* who can't take criticism but like being paid 100+ k euros a week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

this game has caused me too much stress, the game has so many things wrong with, they have tried to make it more realistic and have ended up making it stupidly unrealistic, cannot keep any form going in the game no matter what team, and dont even get me started on the goal keeper, i think i would be playing better in the game if he wasnt there!, also another thing, the fact that the majority of the games i play i could dominate, lets say, have 16 shots 12 on target, get 1 goal, then the opposition come along get two shots on target and bam im 2-1 down! this game has drawn my temper, im back to fm12 i cant play it anymore

Sorry to say, but FM13 is a game! If the players settings, attributes and instructions mean so little that they are virtually ignored for the sake of realism, then why are they there in the first place???

They are not virtually ignored, either all of the situation you explained is made up and they do not have immaculate stats or maybe there just isn't a pass open and there is a flaw in your tactics.

They are not virtually ignored, either all of the situation you explained is made up and they do not have immaculate stats or maybe there just isn't a pass open and there is a flaw in your tactics.

Give me some credit, why on earth would I make up a situation to get frustrated about??????? The players I'm talking about do have the high composure, concentration and decision stats I mentioned, that's why I signed them and continued to train them in specific roles. If there isn't a decent forward pass on they always have the option of going sideways or even back to the keeper, instead of hoofing it 70 yards out of play for a goal kick to the opposition, especially when the shout is to retain possession and pass to feet! A player with 15+ for composure and decisions should be able to manage that I would have thought!

The match engine is anything but good/functional; then again I don't recall which of the recent FMs actually had a good one.

I am so done with this game. So. *******. Done.

[video=youtube_share;y-GQJHJYz0Y]http://youtu.be/y-GQJHJYz0Y[/video]

To be fair, Reina did get caught in no man's land this past season against Citeh and was lobbed by Aguero.

Talk about life imitating art...or vice versa! Even on FM The Mighty Blades bottle it and get beat at Wembley without scoring! Plus ca change......as they say on the French version of FM!

The similarity was uncanny. They were 10 clear at one point, then down to 7th and only got back into the top 6 on the last day of the season. They did return to Wembley however and came out on top.

I am so done with this game. So. *******. Done.

[video=youtube_share;y-GQJHJYz0Y]http://youtu.be/y-GQJHJYz0Y[/video]
Hehe, that funny. But:

First of all, they've injured two of my players, and I was forced to play with two man down whole extra time. What am I saying? Nothing, just this:
arsenal-v-man-utd-untitl.png

Yep, they've got free pen in Champions League Final. Not to mention that I was 2-1 up till that 80th minute. Also, check Per's match rating. He was injured whole game and still was better than Vidic and Dede. It's frustrating.

This is probably worst FM I have played, not because of this, this **** happens often in my favor as well, but overall, the amount of injuries for example. I have two teams and I rotate them every game. Cristiano Ronaldo gets injured every month, even if his condition is perfect ( a.k.a "In superb condition"). Evra hasn't got injury in last 5 years, but he is Injury prone in FM. This kind of things bugs you. Dunno if I'm doing something wrong ( I really doubt it) or I'm having bad luck with injuries over last 3 seasons with United, but it's too much imho.

It is amazing at how quickly this game can get you wound up though. I wasn't even playing it, busy surfing the web and my brother handed me his laptop and asked me to manage his game away to Arsenal (he was Liverpool) while he ran to the shops. So, I started the game. His side took a 2-0 lead heading into half time. Arsenal scored early in the second, so 2-1. Then Arsenal really ramped up the pressure. It is the 82nd minute, Arsenal are taking their 5th corner in a row and Jamie Carragher is down to 62%. I sub him off for Coates as it is clear that he can't keep up with Arsenal any more. I finally manage to get control of the ball in the box and look to clear my lines. But what happens? Coates, who has the ball, decides that he won't just start a forward movement to clear our lines but instead that he will turn around and gently pass the ball back to Reina. Gently enough so that Podolski can intercept it, round Reina and bury the equaliser. This wasn't even my save and I wanted to smash the laptop after playing for about 5 minutes. Hah.

I never realised the "Shoots from Distance" PPM translates to "With plenty of passing options on, instead choose to shoot from 50 yards out with weaker foot".

Edit: My winger just ran up the byline, got past a defender easily (leaving him with his **** on the floor), had a ridiculous amount of space on the ball and, instead of crossing, decides to dally, TURN AROUND, then start running backwards before getting tackled. That's beyond stupid. He was about 8 yards away from the ****** goal!

Last edited:
It is amazing at how quickly this game can get you wound up though. I wasn't even playing it, busy surfing the web and my brother handed me his laptop and asked me to manage his game away to Arsenal (he was Liverpool) while he ran to the shops. So, I started the game. His side took a 2-0 lead heading into half time. Arsenal scored early in the second, so 2-1. Then Arsenal really ramped up the pressure. It is the 82nd minute, Arsenal are taking their 5th corner in a row and Jamie Carragher is down to 62%. I sub him off for Coates as it is clear that he can't keep up with Arsenal any more. I finally manage to get control of the ball in the box and look to clear my lines. But what happens? Coates, who has the ball, decides that he won't just start a forward movement to clear our lines but instead that he will turn around and gently pass the ball back to Reina. Gently enough so that Podolski can intercept it, round Reina and bury the equaliser. This wasn't even my save and I wanted to smash the laptop after playing for about 5 minutes. Hah.

First rule of FM, never make any kind of unforced substitution, let alone a defensive one, when you're trying to hang on to a lead! It just gives the ME an excuse to let the AI team score! I've kept players on the pitch at 50% rather than sub them 'cause I know exactly what would happen!

Counter attacking is completely broken on this game. Getting ****** with how often my team wins the ball deep in their own half, then the whole team charges forward, leaving the player on the ball to lose it and the opposition to score easily.

Back