Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
And now, playing very well, about to secure a good win and what happens? Last minute, my left back charges out ridiculously to make a tackle, fails miserably, their right winger charges at ridiculous speeds that none of my players ever seem capable of and, still going at full pace, plays an absolutely flawless cross across the box. The rest of my defence and my keeper just stand there and let a player run in and score from 2 yards out.

Things that prove the game is design to cheat.

1. The GK passes the ball to defenders. The defenders are leaving the ball so that the opposition gets it and score.
2. The GK kicks the ball. The defenders leave the ball to go behind them, so that the opposition gets it and score.
3. If the underdog team scores a goal under 10th minute, the favorite always turns the game around.
How many people had the above in their games?

Things that prove the game is design to cheat.

1. The GK passes the ball to defenders. The defenders are leaving the ball so that the opposition gets it and score.
2. The GK kicks the ball. The defenders leave the ball to go behind them, so that the opposition gets it and score.
3. If the underdog team scores a goal under 10th minute, the favorite always turns the game around.
How many people had the above in their games?

No. Just no. the number of times that people have said the game is designed to not let the players win or whatever is just absolutely absurd. It would be commercial suicide.

I highly recommend reading some guides tbh because I have NEVER come across any of that and I've been playing since day of release, and I've been underdog many, many a time.

But do you seriously believe, they would release a game in which people pay for, only to be denied victory because the game cheats? No. I suggest looking at everything in your approach. There's plenty of guides on this forum-check them out

It isn't rigged, but it comes out with a ridiculous amount of BS. It really pulls out all the stops when your team has pretty low morale. I believe the accurate phrase is "Kicking a dog when he's down".

lol how do i start my own thread on ere sorry guys new to fm base

After reading this, go back one step and look out for the blue icon a few centimeters over where it says FM13 Discussion. Also notice that all new members have to have their threads approved by a moderator so It might not be visible to you until one of us has done so.

Last edited:
Completely had it with my defence. Played brilliantly first 5 or 6 games, almost flawless. Since that? 5 or 6 games of being completely useless. Several goal costing mistakes every game, completely useless.

Completely had it with my defence. Played brilliantly first 5 or 6 games, almost flawless. Since that? 5 or 6 games of being completely useless. Several goal costing mistakes every game, completely useless.

I know that this is the frustration thread where people vent, but if you are interested in any help, me and others will gladly do so. Just open a thread in the tactic section and provide as much info possible. You see, I have never had this problem in any save. Naturally, my players and my team does not always perform the way I want them to but its pretty easy to spot where the flaw lies if one knows what to look for.

Mind you, there will always be scenarios where you as a manager cant do anything about it and the 3D animation limits the game making the players look even more studid. But if approaching the game from the correct angel so the speak, ths frustration is replaced by enjoyment.

( My spellcheck is out of order when of FMBase)

I doubt help would actually help. I should expect mistakes considering this is a side predicted to be in a relegation fight (even though my assistant rates the players quite highly). It's just the inconsistency from considering they're very experienced for this level.

Doesn't help that my midfielders just seem to give up when they lose the ball. Anyone know how to get midfielders to actually put effort in when defending? They have pretty high workrate, teamwork, stamina and most of them highish determination, and I'll turn on stuff like "Hassle Opponents" and whatever, but so often I see them just standing around doing nothing.

Oh lord. Defender heads the ball back to the keeper. Keeper refuses to come for it. Other defender comes across and, under no pressure, just dribbles the ball out for a corner. :/

Ok, problem was the midfield not offering any support to my defence. Switched to 4-3-3 (1 striker, 2 wingers) with two BWMs and a DLP against 2nd in the league. Shut them out for 80 minutes, brought on a poacher and scored twice. Bit nervy in the last minute when they got a bit of a flukey goal back, but we held on.

Getting seriously annoyed with the wages some of my players are on. So many average players with ridiculous wages that I can't get rid of no matter what I try. Got one bloke who is rated as a Good League 1 player (I'm in the Championship) and he's my 2nd highest earner on over 10K a week. All the offers I'm getting are loan offers where they offer to pay absolutely none of the wages. I'm not getting rid of him because I want him to get some first team football you morons!

My two central defenders are going to have to do some serious explaining as to why I shouldn't sack them. One defender decides to pass the ball to an opposing midfielder, whilst the other plays 3 players onside in the box.

One of them has just guaranteed his place on the transfer list. 5 minutes to go, dallying on the ball outside his own area, loses it, concedes a stupid freekick. They score. 3-1 up to 4-3. Even after I change my shouts to stop my defenders ******* around on the ball he still does it.

And now when I fine him for gifting the opponents two goals he complains about his team mates not letting him play. This guy is my captain and is rated as "Fairly Professional".

No, that's it, I'm done with this team. Aimless cross comes into my box in the last minute. Going out of play, my keeper has left it to run out. My centre back then decides to charge back and perform a weak diving header and the ball goes straight to the opponent's striker who taps it in. I should be able to lob a chair or something at him in the post match team talk or something.

How is it that "Get ball forward" doesnt do what it is supposed to! If anything the tempo decreases!

Last edited:
5 shots, 5 on target, 4 goals... for the opposition. Every single game it happens. I'll have 10238912049185 shots, 10 on target, 2 goals and the opposing team will STILL win the match. And my defenders and keeper won't get a ****** rating because, hey, they only got 5 shots at goal and 37% possession.

And Giroud will score against me no matter what. No-bleedin'-matter what. It doesn't matter which save I'm on. Play a fast defender against him, he scores with his head. Play a tall defender against him, he beats him for pace. Play Dede (who is both taller and faster than Giroud) against him, he turns him like he's Zidane. And this goes on season after season after season. What the flying **** is going on?!

Getting seriously annoyed with the wages some of my players are on. So many average players with ridiculous wages that I can't get rid of no matter what I try. Got one bloke who is rated as a Good League 1 player (I'm in the Championship) and he's my 2nd highest earner on over 10K a week. All the offers I'm getting are loan offers where they offer to pay absolutely none of the wages. I'm not getting rid of him because I want him to get some first team football you morons!

Why the **** did you give a League Two players 10k p/w? Only yourself to blame there.

5 shots, 5 on target, 4 goals... for the opposition. Every single game it happens. I'll have 10238912049185 shots, 10 on target, 2 goals and the opposing team will STILL win the match. And my defenders and keeper won't get a ****** rating because, hey, they only got 5 shots at goal and 37% possession.

Sounds like your tactics need major tweaking.

Back