Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
Saw one of my centre backs get booked for diving when he went up for a corner. Ball was crossed in, overhit to the back post, headed back to the front post to my centre back who turned to pass the ball back out to the corner taker. Played the pass, got taken out off the ball, ref gave the opposition a freekick and booked my player for diving.

Tried to be calm, tried to be patient with this game for save but it's just not working. Opposition are attacking down the wing, we had a few players further forward, so numbers defending were relatively even rather than in my favour. Two of my players go to close down the player right at the byline. 4 of the opposition players jog into the box, whilst I have 4 or 5 players just standing on the edge of the box doing eff all, not one of them even attempted to defend, they all just stood there and watched. Easiest goal they'll ever score. Whole match has been defined by my team unrealistically effing up at every opposition attack. Missing headers they should never be missing, ignoring instructions telling them to man mark.

The bold is 100% incorrect.

LOL.
Can you delete my account or something? I don't want to exist on the same planet as you Match Engine Defense Front (Game Logic Fact Fabrication Force?) guys.

LOL.
Can you delete my account or something? I don't want to exist on the same planet as you Match Engine Defense Front (Game Logic Fact Fabrication Force?) guys.

Ludicrous post.

But back OT try a request to a mod or something

LOL.

By all means. It still wouldn't change the fact you have no idea what you are talking about. Also at no point did I defend anything. I put across a fact, that is how it works. It's a series of huge computations and calculations that are re-done everytime you/AI change something, there is no dice rolling. So you can throw out jibes and such, you'd still be wrong and you still wouldn't know what you are talking about.

By all means ask Dunc, he will tell you the same thing, as he works for SI.

Ludicrous post.

But back OT try a request to a mod or something

It's the standard lazy answer from people who don't know what they are talking about. You state a fact, they call you a fanboy. It's honestly ridiculous.

Need a left back, nobody wants to join. Only leftback I managed to sign, got injured within a day of signing. There's a fantastic leftback available on a free transfer, but his agent is a moron. My board has severely limited how much I can offer in wages, but the wage offer I give is only 400 less than what he wants (£900 rather than the £1300 he wants). I was offering him a higher agent's fee, higher signing on fee, a release clause which meant the player could leave on a free if anyone came in for him and a few other things. Wouldn't budge on the wages at all. The player currently has a non-contract. No wages, no bonuses, nothing, and he has no one else in for him at all. That's beyond stupid from the agent if I'm honest.

Tried to be calm, tried to be patient with this game for save but it's just not working. Opposition are attacking down the wing, we had a few players further forward, so numbers defending were relatively even rather than in my favour. Two of my players go to close down the player right at the byline. 4 of the opposition players jog into the box, whilst I have 4 or 5 players just standing on the edge of the box doing eff all, not one of them even attempted to defend, they all just stood there and watched. Easiest goal they'll ever score. Whole match has been defined by my team unrealistically effing up at every opposition attack. Missing headers they should never be missing, ignoring instructions telling them to man mark.

I'd start with your tactical instructions. Is this a goal that only you concede and not the AI? Then's it s likely tactical.

If they screw up at every single attack, then there is a good chance something you are setting up is fundamentally off. More than happy to help if you post your setup and instructions

Need a left back, nobody wants to join. Only leftback I managed to sign, got injured within a day of signing. There's a fantastic leftback available on a free transfer, but his agent is a moron. My board has severely limited how much I can offer in wages, but the wage offer I give is only 400 less than what he wants (£900 rather than the £1300 he wants). I was offering him a higher agent's fee, higher signing on fee, a release clause which meant the player could leave on a free if anyone came in for him and a few other things. Wouldn't budge on the wages at all. The player currently has a non-contract. No wages, no bonuses, nothing, and he has no one else in for him at all. That's beyond stupid from the agent if I'm honest.

Agents need more work, better than previously but there is still very little leeway.

I think it might have been because it was a counter attack, but these players tracked those runners all the way, then just stopped. One of the goals was a mistake (missed header, and my other defender wasn't expecting it so the striker had an easy goal).

The other two are explainable too (Lack of fitness in one defender, though it was only about 20 minutes in. Other was because my defender is so slow he can't react to anything). God **** my logic when I calm down.

I think it might have been because it was a counter attack, but these players tracked those runners all the way, then just stopped. One of the goals was a mistake (missed header, and my other defender wasn't expecting it so the striker had an easy goal).

The other two are explainable too (Lack of fitness in one defender, though it was only about 20 minutes in. Other was because my defender is so slow he can't react to anything). God **** my logic when I calm down.

Great fun isn't it lol. Expecting a rough ride myself. going to be doing a youtube series for my save shortly and lets just say when I normally play this, I have anger issues. All I'm saying lol. Hence my long break from it and the fact I was wasting my sleeping patterns away

The counter attack is the most dangerous because your on the back foot and often undermanned. However the bold is somewhat of an issue in the ME (albeit a minor one). sometimes the advanced players just dont come back far enough

I guess all the rage from this game comes from all my years of playing FM09 (my first FM game, bought FM11 but didn't like the agents too much). It was so easy to get your players playing flawlessly in earlier games, that perhaps I've gotten used to it.

I guess all the rage from this game comes from all my years of playing FM09 (my first FM game, bought FM11 but didn't like the agents too much). It was so easy to get your players playing flawlessly in earlier games, that perhaps I've gotten used to it.

FM09 is so more forgiving than FM13 in terms of errors you make. I still think the game could do a lot better in telling you what is not working though.

FM09 is so more forgiving than FM13 in terms of errors you make. I still think the game could do a lot better in telling you what is not working though.

Speaking of which. Was watching a Youtube vid last night for tips on LLM. I didn't even know you could sell clauses to raise cash to buy players and stabilise clubs. One of the biggest frustrations of mine in LLM was finding excellent players but not having the money to get them. Obviously it won't apply to every club, but still. How I missed that was beyond me. something that should be added into the manuals

I think I found that out on FM11. A club offered to buy out the sell on clause on a player they bought off my team before I started managing them. I thought it was an odd offer because the bloke was old, was out of contract at the end of the season, and was valued at less than they bought him off my team for.

I usually set up with more aggressive tackling, press more, set tight marking to YES for all my players and also do a full court press, i.e. opposition instructions set to ALWAYS, ALWAYS, HARD, WEAKER FOOT for every one of their players, even the subs! It seems to work for me. I concede very few goals, but you do need players with the good stamina and good mental attributes. I also find 3 centre backs helps too.

I've given up with this team. Another goal where my entire team falls asleep. The defend the first ball well, then just don't bother for the second ball. Second goal, two of my players run into each other, gifting the ball to the opposition. Winger gets to the byline (because no one goes to him), crosses it in, bounces around. Ball drops to the feet of my keeper, who just stands there motionless and lets the opposition player just tap it in. Keepers are complete morons.

Back