Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
I didn't. They were there when I joined the club.

Still, you can't blame the computer for not wanting to take on your overpaid higher earners, and you can't blame the player for not wanting the leave. Makes perfect sense really, and happens to clubs in real life all the time.

5 shots, 5 on target, 4 goals... for the opposition. Every single game it happens. I'll have 10238912049185 shots, 10 on target, 2 goals and the opposing team will STILL win the match. And my defenders and keeper won't get a ****** rating because, hey, they only got 5 shots at goal and 37% possession.

Like written above, if you conceded 4 goals every single match, then your tactics, man management and choice of players are heavily wrong and unbalanced

Just had to replay a match due to a crash dump. So why, when I pick the same team, with the same tactics and give exactly the same team talk do I get different reactions from the players to the first time I played the match? This first time I got a couple of green positive reactions, 2nd time I get no reaction from those players and a red one from a player that didn't react in the first case!

Just had to replay a match due to a crash dump. So why, when I pick the same team, with the same tactics and give exactly the same team talk do I get different reactions from the players to the first time I played the match? This first time I got a couple of green positive reactions, 2nd time I get no reaction from those players and a red one from a player that didn't react in the first case!

Because its not the same calculations. Pressing X does not give Y by default, but instead pressing X means its a likelyhood of a certain % to beome Y, a likelyhood of a certain % to become Z etc. In real life, the same match played under the same circumstances would be played out in the exact same way if one reloaded life ( and the team talk would get the same reaction) In the game, it does not work that way.

Because its not the same calculations. Pressing X does not give Y by default, but instead pressing X means its a likelyhood of a certain % to become Y, a likelyhood of a certain % to become Z etc. In real life, the same match played under the same circumstances would be played out in the exact same way if one reloaded life ( and the team talk would get the same reaction) In the game, it does not work that way.

I get it....in real life 2+2=4...always, but in FM it could be 3 or 5! Nice!

I get it....in real life 2+2=4...always, but in FM it could be 3 or 5! Nice!

2+2 is always 4, even in FM. If travelling back in a time machine, the numbers will still be 2+2 whilst in FM, the new calculated decision might make the numbers 2+3 or 2+1 :D

Because its not the same calculations. Pressing X does not give Y by default, but instead pressing X means its a likelyhood of a certain % to beome Y, a likelyhood of a certain % to become Z etc. In real life, the same match played under the same circumstances would be played out in the exact same way if one reloaded life ( and the team talk would get the same reaction) In the game, it does not work that way.

I disagree about real life post kick off though, what if a player chose to pass left instead of right? From that moment the game is different. Or even what if player did pass right, but the recipient miscontrols? again the game is different.

Although this the kind of hypothesis that is too much for a sunday night :)

2+2 is always 4, even in FM. If travelling back in a time machine, the numbers will still be 2+2 whilst in FM, the new calculated decision might make the numbers 2+3 or 2+1 :D

This is all getting too surreal...time machines and all that! I'm going for a lie down!

I disagree about real life post kick off though, what if a player chose to pass left instead of right? From that moment the game is different. Or even what if player did pass right, but the recipient miscontrols? again the game is different.

I think you are missunderstanding me. Lets say that you travelled back in time to watch that football match on the TV. The result would still be exactly the same as the decisions and the physics would be the same.The wind would blow the same way and the snow woujld fall the same way. If a person would have made a different decision the first time, however so small, it would have changed everything, sliding doors etc

I think you are missunderstanding me. Lets say that you travelled back in time to watch that football match on the TV. The result would still be exactly the same as the decisions and the physics would be the same.The wind would blow the same way and the snow woujld fall the same way. If a person would have made a different decision the first time, however so small, it would have changed everything, sliding doors etc

Ok yeah I see what you are getting at.

Thankyou for bringing back the worst part of my hangover with all this. Enough already lol

What you need to consider about the match engine is that at the start of a match, it rolls the dice to determine the entire match. Then every time you make a tactical change or sub or whatever, it rerolls the dice for the remaining match time. That's why you can be about to get a free kick highlight, sub, and then the highlight isn't shown because in the new calculation that free kick was ****.
(That's basically why you have a little processing period for every change you make)

Like written above, if you conceded 4 goals every single match, then your tactics, man management and choice of players are heavily wrong and unbalanced

The problem (or at least from what I've observed when watching the match on "extended") very often happens to be a huge and terrible mistake by a single member of my backline, e.g. a centre-back misjudging a header, a weak back pass, keeper being stupid, etc. and not any actual skill (impressive passing or dribbling) on the part of the opposition. Except Giroud. Who will score against me no matter what.

And I don't concede four goals every match :P just frustrated that the opposition always manages to sneak in a goal with only one shot on target while being very clearly second best.

Been struggling in the lower Italian divisions. I think I'm asking my squad to play more technical than they're actually capable of. Going to retry the same save with a more direct and counterattacking setup.

What you need to consider about the match engine is that at the start of a match, it rolls the dice to determine the entire match. Then every time you make a tactical change or sub or whatever, it rerolls the dice for the remaining match time. That's why you can be about to get a free kick highlight, sub, and then the highlight isn't shown because in the new calculation that free kick was ****.
(That's basically why you have a little processing period for every change you make)

No. It does not roll a dice to determine the whole match. Rolling a dice is a matter of luck. Its actually sets of computations, but it's infinitely more complicated than that.

The bold is 100% incorrect.

Last edited:
Sign left back on loan as I have no decent left backs at my club. Day after he signs, he injures his neck in training and my assistant says I should terminate the loan. Gah.

I've seen this a few times now across different saves, not overly bothered by it, actually quite funny when it doesn't happen to me, it's just happened to the opposition.

They get into the box, my left back decides it would be worth while trying a monster sliding tackle, it looks dangerous, the whistle goes....**** I've given away a pen!

But no the opposition player dived?

Yellow card is coming....but he can't receive the card because he's currently in a heap on floor with the green x above him, the physio is on now....refs been standing there for a good minute and half now.

Finally after he has returned to his feet and the physio has left the ref shows the yellow.

Bug?

Also I've noticed the box seems the only place diving occours?

And many times they actually look like fairly decent tackles on the foward that go out for a corner but the ref says the foward dived?

That is all.

Steve

I've seen this a few times now across different saves, not overly bothered by it, actually quite funny when it doesn't happen to me, it's just happened to the opposition.

They get into the box, my left back decides it would be worth while trying a monster sliding tackle, it looks dangerous, the whistle goes....**** I've given away a pen!

But no the opposition player dived?

Yellow card is coming....but he can't receive the card because he's currently in a heap on floor with the green x above him, the physio is on now....refs been standing there for a good minute and half now.

Finally after he has returned to his feet and the physio has left the ref shows the yellow.

Bug?

Also I've noticed the box seems the only place diving occours?

And many times they actually look like fairly decent tackles on the foward that go out for a corner but the ref says the foward dived?

That is all.

Steve

They could just be bad decisions by the ref, or bugs, or a mixture of both.

I have seen diving outside the box, but not seen it booked, the only time I see is when my player/their player gets booked for a foul and the commentary says the other player went down like he'd been shot

Ha ha yeah I've seen that too, my player missed an open goal the other day and it said he looks Bereft of confidence! Never seen that before.

Back