Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
How stupid are some players in this game. My AMC got sent off in the last game, 2nd yellow card for diving. So, what happens 13 minutes into the next game? He gets booked....for diving! Thick or what!

Second season syndrome with Sampdoria. I finished 4th and won the Italian Cup in my first season, and now after a pre-season of adding more depth and quality I seem to be playing a lot worse. Most of the spine is still there, my GK, CBs, LB and D/CMs and CAM haven't changed since my 1st season - so I don't see how it's a 'communication' thing. Its making me want to pack it in cause we're playing awful every game and I can't seem to gauge why. Its a simple formation/tactic and I've got players in their preferred role. I was rolling over teams using this formula last season, and now I'm scrapping 2-2 draws against a newly promoted Cesena with, in my opinion, a better team than last season. Ugh.

It's not the first time I've gone into the second season and played horribly despite a successful first season, either. Has anybody else had similar problems? If so, did you overcome them?

Second season syndrome with Sampdoria. I finished 4th and won the Italian Cup in my first season, and now after a pre-season of adding more depth and quality I seem to be playing a lot worse. Most of the spine is still there, my GK, CBs, LB and D/CMs and CAM haven't changed since my 1st season - so I don't see how it's a 'communication' thing. Its making me want to pack it in cause we're playing awful every game and I can't seem to gauge why. Its a simple formation/tactic and I've got players in their preferred role. I was rolling over teams using this formula last season, and now I'm scrapping 2-2 draws against a newly promoted Cesena with, in my opinion, a better team than last season. Ugh.

It's not the first time I've gone into the second season and played horribly despite a successful first season, either. Has anybody else had similar problems? If so, did you overcome them?

it's because you kept the same tactic and because of this other teams around you will counter your tactics and find your weakness

why is it when your keeper has been performing really bad you don't have the option to talk to him about his performance for that single match

Players that when presented with an absolute golden clear cut shooting chance turn their backs to goal and pass back to midfield.
I mean come on FFS! how many players who can clearly see the fkin net with no player to beat passes back to fkin midfield??

really ****** me off when one of my ******* strikers comes to me and says "we're underperforming, I'm starting to question your credentials as a manager" well maybe dickface if you didn't miss 5 one on ones every game we wouldn't be In a **** position

My second choice WBL is on non-contract terms with me (tiny wage budget) and the same team kept on offering him a contract over and over again! I couldn't afford to give him a part-time contract to add to my wage budget, so all I could do was keep giving him a new non-contract to end their bid. I finally gave up after about the seventh time and let him go (to a lower level club, of course)!

Players that when presented with an absolute golden clear cut shooting chance turn their backs to goal and pass back to midfield.
I mean come on FFS! how many players who can clearly see the fkin net with no player to beat passes back to fkin midfield??

This is a bug. On the bright side, I'm fairly sure its been noted for FM14

A slight slight annoyance - the lack of bankrupt teams. Or maybe to put it in a better, more detailed way, its the fact that teams get relegated to the championship and still hang onto England internationals! They wont sell them for less than £20m and even though they are paying out £60/70k a wk their financial statuses are secure... what? Any team in history that has gone down with players earning over £30k a week has been forced to sell and a player has not left the championship for anything over £9m.

This is a bug. On the bright side, I'm fairly sure its been noted for FM14

Of the horrible things I've seen in this version I haven't seen that all too often and when I did I thought it was my tactic, striker mentality/creative freedom set incorrectly coupled with the hold up ball option ticked.

The one I see ALL THE TIME for and against is when the GK makes a save or defender Makes a tackle the ball goes of the pitch all the way to the advertising boards...GK simply runs off the pitch and picks it up and throws/kicks it back up the field...commentary says the "GK name" picks up the loose ball??

Erm corner?

Wow. First 11 league games in my second season W4 D2 L5, and I W1 D1 L1 in the Europa league and I just got sacked from Sampdoria, after getting European football and winning the Italian Cup in the first season :\.

Of the horrible things I've seen in this version I haven't seen that all too often and when I did I thought it was my tactic, striker mentality/creative freedom set incorrectly coupled with the hold up ball option ticked.

The one I see ALL THE TIME for and against is when the GK makes a save or defender Makes a tackle the ball goes of the pitch all the way to the advertising boards...GK simply runs off the pitch and picks it up and throws/kicks it back up the field...commentary says the "GK name" picks up the loose ball??

Erm corner?

Not your tactic, dont worry, an issue with high risk/high reward passes.

A slight slight annoyance - the lack of bankrupt teams. Or maybe to put it in a better, more detailed way, its the fact that teams get relegated to the championship and still hang onto England internationals! They wont sell them for less than £20m and even though they are paying out £60/70k a wk their financial statuses are secure... what? Any team in history that has gone down with players earning over £30k a week has been forced to sell and a player has not left the championship for anything over £9m.

Legal reasons sadly, teams can't go bankrupt

Goalkeepers!!!!!!! How many times have I seen my goalkeeper (and the opposition's) rush out of his area in a wide position, control the ball and then clear it back in-field to an opposition player who volleys it first time into an open goal from 45 yards!!!! No goalkeeper in the world plays the ball back in-field from that position. It always goes into the stands or down the line.
Goalkeepers really do need sorting out in FM14. They've been horrendous from day 1 and have only marginally improved with the various updates.

cl final > up 1 nil > 2 of my players sent off > one of my players scores an own goal > lose 3-1

what a game

Goalkeepers!!!!!!! How many times have I seen my goalkeeper (and the opposition's) rush out of his area in a wide position, control the ball and then clear it back in-field to an opposition player who volleys it first time into an open goal from 45 yards!!!!
Yea happened to me twice now and we missed both times.

Almost as bad as the keeper being between his sticks with barely any players in the eighteen yard box and a players passes to the keeper (under no pressure what so ever) who then clears it into touch, not up field but into touch deep in OUR half.
I have to say that P's me off no end.

When a defender runs with the opposition 30/40 yards and lets them pop off a shot without any attempt at a tackle, oh and the other players stand around and point and laugh...

Edit - telling your players not to get complacent when leading 3-0 away from home in a champions league game and they get confused. Eh? Seriously what bit don't you understand???

When a defender runs with the opposition 30/40 yards and lets them pop off a shot without any attempt at a tackle, oh and the other players stand around and point and laugh...

Edit - telling your players not to get complacent when leading 3-0 away from home in a champions league game and they get confused. Eh? Seriously what bit don't you understand???

Dead right! I don't even know what that team talk is there for! I mean, when did anyone ever get anything like a positive reaction from it? The instruction may as well be GET AS COMPLACENT AS YOU LIKE, coz that's what generaly happens when you tell them not to!

Dead right! I don't even know what that team talk is there for! I mean, when did anyone ever get anything like a positive reaction from it? The instruction may as well be GET AS COMPLACENT AS YOU LIKE, coz that's what generaly happens when you tell them not to!

neither of you are using it properly. Dont get complacent is for when they have got a slim lead or are taking a tight result despite being pretty subpar. I use it fairly frequently with excellent results. Look at when you see it pop the most, its usually when you have been playing averagely but have a lead, that's the massive hint there.

At no point on earth would you use it at 3-0 up away from home in the CL, you tell them they are doing great because they are. If you are then wanting to shut the game out, you use shouts to tighten it up. No surprise they got confused.

I keep saying it, but people need to stop being so reductive about team talks.

If you want to see just how in depth they are read these threads http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/354390-Team-Talks-Ruining-Game-Experience in that one the OP actually hates teams talks, but learns just how in depth there, watch out for his posts, and also the ones by wwfan

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/356291-Darthrodent-s-Morale-Toolkit And in the end he's actually able to create his own help thread for others. If he can do it everyone else can. It just requires a bit of thought, patience, and giving it more credit than its currently getting.

Last edited:

Erm corner?

very true mate, i actually created a thread called crazy goalkeepers

Back