Post Your Frustrations

• Thread starter Thread starter Aannddyy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 362K
All I can say is that I always watch full match. Now whether Lower League players have some built-in propensity to hoof the ball I don't know (I suppose it is possible, though, if so, I wish it was made clear at the beginning) and I always (********* as I am) manage teams like Truro or Histon rather than Barcelona or Man U, but if they do not then I am fully satisfied that they boot it long far more than I have told them to - even when there is a perfectly viable alternative available close at hand. Booting it into the stands out of danger is one thing - hoofing it aimlessly high into the box when there isn't a striker within 30 metres of the penalty spot is quite another - and extremely irritating into the bargain!

You'd probably be better off giving them their heads if their ability allows it (more CF) or allowing them a longer range of passing. Given that you are Histon, you are asking them to have the kind of composure they lack under less than optimal settings for their ability.

Ah but if I set them to longer passing they are so ****** awful that the ball always goes to the opposition! Their average passing is about 6! If they can't find their man 5 metres away (and believe me, they can't!) how can they expect to find him 25 metres away? As for allowing them creative freedom....they have about 1 brain cell between them, so their decision making is atrocious.....:'(

Ah but if I set them to longer passing they are so ****** awful that the ball always goes to the opposition! Their average passing is about 6! If they can't find their man 5 metres away (and believe me, they can't!) how can they expect to find him 25 metres away? As for allowing them creative freedom....they have about 1 brain cell between them, so their decision making is atrocious.....:'(

But they will at least attempt to try and look for the long player at the right time, as opposed to hoofing in a panic. Better than forcing them into the a short passing cul de sac where at best they will likely hoof nowhere, at worst they will give up a goal.

Stafford | Addicted to FM this will interest you about good lower level football, he also has a thread on the SI tactics section.

"You've done very well in the first half, keep it up!" - Result? Obviously half the team switches off or loses focus and we end up getting beaten. So, what should I have said? Or should I have just said nothing? I don't understand why praising them when they play well should have such a detrimental effect.

"You've done very well in the first half, keep it up!" - Result? Obviously half the team switches off or loses focus and we end up getting beaten. So, what should I have said? Or should I have just said nothing? I don't understand why praising them when they play well should have such a detrimental effect.

I have no idea. What is the make up of your squad, what is your long term team talk approach, what kind of press conference build up did you have? what was your you pre match talk? And even after all that, a half time talk wont result in a defeat all by itselfs its effects don't actually last all that long.

Penalties

When ever my team get a penalty during a match the Referees performance is "marred by the contraversial decision to award the penalty". However, when my team give away a penalty the Referee has an excellent game.

Guys let's lighten up the mood. Each of us has his opinions but my problem is the most serious :P HE's DRIVING ME INSANE. Yeah my thing with the H.o.Y.D. He keeps accepting bids no matter what i do. Even removed the player from the transfer list (turns out he wasnt listed on request :P) and the **** moron of a H.o.Y.D. kept accepting bids. We re talking about a 4 star WBL valued 20m (I'm on Arsenal) and asking price was set at 30. Reject all offers below was enabled. I finally sold the sucker for 32m and i also fired the H.o.Y.D. on an impulse :P never planning on employing one again.

Hmmm - the problem is that I have tried both of the suggestions before and, unfortunately, they play even worse if possible!! It's not panic hoofs but mindless lumping the ball forward that causes me pain!!! Of course my players are utterly useless anyway so probably no matter what instructions I give them they will just remain.....useless!

Hmmm - the problem is that I have tried both of the suggestions before and, unfortunately, they play even worse if possible!! It's not panic hoofs but mindless lumping the ball forward that causes me pain!!! Of course my players are utterly useless anyway so probably no matter what instructions I give them they will just remain.....useless!

If they are mindless lumping the ball forward and you do see few short passes, then have you tried giving them more passing options, having players dropping deep to link up with play, players not making too many runs from deep early in attacks ?

Alright, im not sure if this issue has been raised before but here it goes.

Ive spent 13 years at swansea, and won 12 league titles 11 champions leagues 9 FA cups and 10 league cups, and everything else in between bar 1 community shield which i lost in 2022 to manchester united.

Im a liverpool supporter and had never managed Swansea before or any team that didnt have a immediate and realistic prospect of challenging for trophies for that matter.

But when i took over Swansea i put my shocking and frankly hilarious over achievement down to the updates, since whilst i had won things with liverpool and PSG and lazio, id never had it so easy.

So now im back at liverpool..... the most success ive ever had with them is 7 league titles in 7 years 3 FA cups 2 league cups and 3 champions leagues, during my time at swansea i never lost a cup final, not one, i even got out of the habit of saving pre match cause i knew that even if they were 3-0 down at half time id give them a bollocking and they'd go back out and win it.

Im sorry if this offends any Swans fans out there, im a huge fan of Swansea now not just for my experiences with them in the game but also what ive seen irl, but Liverpool are a better team, with the players ive signed they're a much better team.

And yet ive never won a cup final with liverpool without having to replay it atleast once, they cant keep possession even with players like Isco and Sahin, i might aswell stick Gerrard in goal for all the good Reina does and as i read earlier on in this thread ive also experienced the, Total utter domination for 80 minutes and then the inevitable flukey opposition goal, and that happens consistently admittedly things like that do happen in football but not consistently.

Everytime i go into the 80-90 minute window, if im at 0-0 or 1-0 up, i know theres going to be a opposition goal, it could be against fleetwood and ill know its coming.

But hey, i won the league and the league cup in my first season, and although i replayed the league cup which was 3-0 to arsenal first time and then 4-1 to us second time... bit of a inconsistency in the ME results..., i feel we deserved to win the league, so im about to start my second season with some big additions and we'll see what new infurtiations they can conjure up for me this time.

I have Premier League defenders with excellent composure, concentration, decisions etc, but they still like to hoof it for no apparent reason when the whim takes them! The back pass to the goalkeeper is always an option, but it seems hoofing it 80 yards out of play for a goal kick is the better option! What I have noticed is that it happens a lot of the time after a restart after a goal has been scored. I have managed to minimise it by putting every player on the shortest possible passing, by changing their wide play to "move into channels", and by setting "runs with ball" to a minimum, which seems to improve player movement and therefore passing options.

I have Premier League defenders with excellent composure, concentration, decisions etc, but they still like to hoof it for no apparent reason when the whim takes them! The back pass to the goalkeeper is always an option, but it seems hoofing it 80 yards out of play for a goal kick is the better option! What I have noticed is that it happens a lot of the time after a restart after a goal has been scored. I have managed to minimise it by putting every player on the shortest possible passing, by changing their wide play to "move into channels", and by setting "runs with ball" to a minimum, which seems to improve player movement and therefore passing options.

If you come across high pressing/making opposition, you are going to see a lot more hoofs if the option is cut off. By shortening the passing so much you are actually restricting their options

If you come across high pressing/making opposition, you are going to see a lot more hoofs if the option is cut off. By shortening the passing so much you are actually restricting their options

I get your point but I actually don't mind them hoofing when they are put under pressure, because you can see the reason for that. It's when they hoof it when not under pressure with several better options on that frustrates the **** out of me!

Only a small thing, but for some reason the press keep asking me why I have demoted Gerrard to the reserves, even though I havent, and never have....

You can win the CL, but the board will never forget your 0-1 loss in a random league match.

Anyone else notice how Real madrid and Barca never sign any star players for their team? Whats the biggest signings they have made in FM?? Its hardly simulation when two of the biggest clubs in the world are making 5m signings OR NO SIGNINGS at all... where as tottenham spend 70m EVERY season...

This is the nice reward i get after getting Semi-pro FK Mjolner to the Tippeliagen........

View attachment 363630

This is all because it cost £3.5m to upgrade the stadium!! Actually do not know what to do.........

Back