Post Your Frustrations

not read the thread so don't know if already mentioned but...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=786612&postcount=128

basically, a team that is not a rival, nor in the same competitions/country/league or whatever rejects your bid but accepts a slightly higher bid from another team but still try to get 3 or 4 times the same amount from you despite already accepting a bid. It's a ****-take that is too far-fetched to be even close to real and is frustrating as **** :(

Started off with Blackpool and was very happy to find a good inside forward until i saw how long he was out:S

Quick 'argh' moment.

Saw the thread about bugs, focusing on the poor ratio of penalties converted and didn't think much of it. Sure, mine's been poor (less than half scored) but I haven't been truly angered by a miss until Lukaku just knocked one at the keeper (his third match since joining, yet to score) against Arsenal.

We'd have gone 1-0 up. :(

Edit: Game ended, Arsenal won 1-0 despite us having 2 clear cut chances to their 1. And we're playing them again next.

Edit number 2: Okay, second game against Arsenal, twenty minutes in and though it's 0-0 we're having more of the game then this happens.

View attachment 114000

Five players all attempting to tackle Arshavin. Screw that, I'm quitting.

Last edited:
Is it me or does the last man NEVER get sent off against you for blatent fouls (freekick/pen is given with no punishment). Never works that way the other way around...

The scouts SI send to germany must have something wrong with them there players are always technically bollocks I have had better players in the championship than in bundesliga.

Playing as Sunderland you expect a hard time. Bent and Gyan scoring NONE of the 30 pre season goals and continuing that trend into the actual season, Dodo wanting away at the merest sniff from Inter and nobody wanting to buy Malbranque, Richardson, Ferdinand and Healy even when I have offered them for 0. It's nice to get a rub of the green now and again.......
After a backs to the wall performance in the League Cup semi-final 1st leg, we came away from Stamford Bridge with a surprise 0-1 win. This got much better in the 2nd leg as we went 1-0 up after 25 mins. Chelsea pulled one back after the break and put themselves in the driving seat with 10 mins to go, "Chelsea are winning on away goals" was what appeared on the screen. Despite much tinkering and throwing all caution to the wind we couldn't make the breakthrough and the tie was over........or so I thought, as we moved into extra time!!! In which we scored twice to take us into the final?!?! I'm pretty sure that is some sort of glitch....

So I'm playing as Celtic and Arsenal come sniffing around my best youngster, James Forrest. So I tell them to back off and Forrest becomes upset, so I tried talking to him about how I want the club to progress and he throws it back in my face, saying I disrespect him! So I get ****** and tell him I'm amazed at his disrespect then he just decides to never talk again.

Until he gets sold, in which case, he decided to hit out at me, all because I wanted him to stay and fulfill his potential first. ._.

the fact that when i want to sell a player and i ask just 300-400k over the market price, i always get the market price offer for my player withouth the option to negotiate it (non-negotiable), but when i want to buy a player, the club asks 3 even 4 times his price. how should i get good finances when i sell a 2 million worth player for 2 mils but when i want to buy a 2 million guy the club asks 6-7 for him? that's a frustration in EVERY FM

Having an excellent season as utd, won prem and L cup and had just beat real madrid 6-0 at home in champ L semi final leg one. Thinking it was a done deal I holidayed until the day of the final and when I returned I had lost the 2nd leg 7-0 :(. I was very annoyed and I hold my hands up and admit to reloading the game only to discover my auto save saved 1 day after the result lol. (I use the single file auto save option)

Last edited:
the fact that when i want to sell a player and i ask just 300-400k over the market price, i always get the market price offer for my player withouth the option to negotiate it (non-negotiable), but when i want to buy a player, the club asks 3 even 4 times his price. how should i get good finances when i sell a 2 million worth player for 2 mils but when i want to buy a 2 million guy the club asks 6-7 for him? that's a frustration in EVERY FM
I'd say it is worse in this FM, but you're trying to sell players whereas the ones you want to purchase obviously want to be kept by their teams.

Clubs will offer high prices for your players, but they'll probably not be the ones you want to sell. It's realistic in that respect.

Thomas Enveldsen wanting to move to a bigger club, I'm with Everton 3rd year in, won the league in my second year and doing well in champions league this year.
Not many more bigger clubs out there

Sigh...

gCAhB.png

aysCt.png

After a backs to the wall performance in the League Cup semi-final 1st leg, we came away from Stamford Bridge with a surprise 0-1 win. This got much better in the 2nd leg as we went 1-0 up after 25 mins. Chelsea pulled one back after the break and put themselves in the driving seat with 10 mins to go, "Chelsea are winning on away goals" was what appeared on the screen. Despite much tinkering and throwing all caution to the wind we couldn't make the breakthrough and the tie was over........or so I thought, as we moved into extra time!!! In which we scored twice to take us into the final?!?! I'm pretty sure that is some sort of glitch....

In Carling Cup away goals count only after extra time.

I see....I didn't know that! Not a glitch then, just one right up Chelski, i'll take it!

Hey guys.

I've started my second season with huddersfield and the board have offered me a new contract.

I accidentaly clicked 'exit talks' instead of accept (cos i'm that much of an idiot!!) and i had no choice but to reject the contract as the board said 'I'm not currently prepared to restart discussions following the recent breakdown in talks'.

However they keep offering me a contract but they say the same thing everytime and will not let me accept the job.

I then went and asked the board for a new deal but the same again. My contract runs out at the end of the season and i want to stay on with them. Any ideas when i'll be able to accept the deal? Has anybody else had this done to them?

I'd say it is worse in this FM, but you're trying to sell players whereas the ones you want to purchase obviously want to be kept by their teams.

Clubs will offer high prices for your players, but they'll probably not be the ones you want to sell. It's realistic in that respect.

I think that the point is that human managers are totally screwed over in FM...

scenario:

you are managing spurs (for example) and your scouts spot a top quality player that would walk straight into most teams in the premiership playing for a south american team. no rivalry, no competitive rivalry (same comps), etc...

you see he is valued at 1,75mill and that a couple of other clubs are also interested so you offer 4 mill.

immediately one of the other interested clubs offers 5mill and the selling club accepts that bid and then comes back to you with a negotiation asking for 10 mill, you offer 5 instead

before they come back to you, man utd offer 5 mill which the club accepts then come back to you asking for 12 mill so you offer 5.5mill

then arsenal offer 5 mill which the club accepts and then come back to you asking for 15mill...

and on and on and on... complete and utter bullshit and takes the **** out of paying customers, SI need to fix it and fix it NOW!

Van Persie missed three 1v1s in a 2-2 draw with Shakhtar today. At least he scored a good header to take us level...

Want another of my frustrations? Rooney scoring in the 45+5 min when only 2 minutes were added. Typical Manure..

3D frustration

I like playing the game in 3d, but when i see players look like they are skating or the linesman doing the moonwalk, then i gringe and shut my eyes as i cant stand seeing what i mentioned.

Please the next one which i believe will be FM 2012, fix these annoying bugs if you can call them bugs.

Also please make the crowd move, it looks like somebody painted a huge poster with people standing and sitting and that looks awful.

And what about match commentary, that would be fantastic.

another annoying thing is the throw in sometimes the player takes ages to throw the ball into play.

Back