Post Your Frustrations

Whenever there is a penalty, I find there is rarely a red card given even when its a blatant last man challenge. Well this is obviously a frustration if you get more penalties than you concede:)

So here it goes:

I had to sell a player...Nikita Rukavytsya...The unfortunate thing...he was one of our best players, and a club hero. For that transfer, I have a popularity rating of...0%

In his 4 seasons here, he scored 162 goals. He only had one more year left on his contract, and I simply couldn't offer him a new one. Every offer I'd given was rejected. I could offer a maximum of 4,000p/w and 160,000 signing on fee...but his agent wouldn't accept anything less than 5,000 and 200,000. I was willing to go as high as possible, and keep him as a marquee player (outside the salary cap)....but there's nothing I could do. I asked for a higher wage budget, and was rebuffed.

So I sold him for twice his worth (5mil + clauses), and he was already 29, and I said I sold him because he was unsettled. I deliberately let him become unsettled. Usually when my players ask to move to a bigger club, I talk them round, but didn't do this, because I thought if I had a reason to sell him the fans might accept it...but no.

I wish the game was just a little bit more responsive to these situations. In real life, if one of a team's key players won't sign a new deal, they won't begrudge a player for furthering their career, and won't begrudge the management for selling when they've got no choice.

So here it goes:

I had to sell a player...Nikita Rukavytsya...The unfortunate thing...he was one of our best players, and a club hero. For that transfer, I have a popularity rating of...0%

In his 4 seasons here, he scored 162 goals. He only had one more year left on his contract, and I simply couldn't offer him a new one. Every offer I'd given was rejected. I could offer a maximum of 4,000p/w and 160,000 signing on fee...but his agent wouldn't accept anything less than 5,000 and 200,000. I was willing to go as high as possible, and keep him as a marquee player (outside the salary cap)....but there's nothing I could do. I asked for a higher wage budget, and was rebuffed.

So I sold him for twice his worth (5mil + clauses), and he was already 29, and I said I sold him because he was unsettled. I deliberately let him become unsettled. Usually when my players ask to move to a bigger club, I talk them round, but didn't do this, because I thought if I had a reason to sell him the fans might accept it...but no.

I wish the game was just a little bit more responsive to these situations. In real life, if one of a team's key players won't sign a new deal, they won't begrudge a player for furthering their career, and won't begrudge the management for selling when they've got no choice.

For saying he was 29, and had his heart set on a move, you didn't do to badly at getting 5m & clauses for him. The fans might hate you for a while, but I'm pretty sure with that money you sold him for, you can sign someone just as good, if not better.

For saying he was 29, and had his heart set on a move, you didn't do to badly at getting 5m & clauses for him. The fans might hate you for a while, but I'm pretty sure with that money you sold him for, you can sign someone just as good, if not better.

I'm happy with the deal I got, but the fans aren't...and I just wish there was a system that allowed a bit more realism in how the fans react to these situations. I support Brisbane in real life, and if this sort of thing happened, I'd be proud that the club was a stepping stone for something bigger. He was a good player before I got him, and getting him on a 5 year, 1,300 p/w contract was remarkable.

And I have had transfer budget of about 30mil for the past 3/4 years. I can buy a lot of good players...but my salary cap is just over 20,000 pounds per week, and even though I can sign marquees (2 of them), they still have to fit within my overall club wage budget of 30,000 odd.

Add to this, I can only register 5 foreign players to play in the league, and the options are somewhat limited lol. Not that I'm complaining...I love the challenge....just stating it's not easy to find a brilliant replacement when you have nothing much to offer.

---------------------------

Oh, and while I'm here...another frustration. My club was losing money when I took over, and I've made them profitable...but it hardly seems worth it when I manage to get the balance up near 50mil (a lot where I am), and at the end of one season, have to pay shareholders 13mil, knocking of about a quarter of my clubs worth. So lame.

So here it goes:

Go back to Chelsea Cam. Buy that sob and let him rot in the reserves;)

why are the match odds so ******* dumb?

Here I am, with my Eastleigh team top of the BSP after 15 games following promotion last season playing in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup away at Salisbury, rooted bottom of the BSS with just a single win and no draws from their first 10 games...

match odds?

Always when i manage wolves am always relegated ... :@

why are the match odds so ******* dumb?

Here I am, with my Eastleigh team top of the BSP after 15 games following promotion last season playing in the fourth qualifying round of the FA Cup away at Salisbury, rooted bottom of the BSS with just a single win and no draws from their first 10 games...

match odds?

it's cos Salisbury pwn.

the AI/ME of FM11 is plain sh*** so far.
some results are just plain arbitrarily and make no sense because AI wants you to lose this game, regardless of tactic, OI, quality of players, morale etc.
also the ME makes it an advantage when a player has been sent off and lets the team with less players perform unrealisticly good.
if i just wanted to waste my time with a constantly and obviously cheating AI/ME i could have bought the EA Manager straight away...
so far this game is a big dissappointment to me and i didn't even started a career but was only testing tactics. let's see if there will be a patch to fix this - if not this was my last FM i've ever bought!

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

Just let in a goal thanks to Ledley King losing a header to Shaun Wright-Phillips :S

yeah, some midgets winning their headers against giants (of course only to your disadvantage).
my "favourite" so far: lukaku (190 cm, jumping 14) losing THREE!!! headers agains diego (175 cm, jumping 8) but hey - it only lead to two goals...

Finally getting my team balance up to 250 million. Then at the end of the year the Board decides to build a new stadium that would add 30K more for 78K total for Newcastle. Stadium costs 550 million to make. Selling off the old one I get 150 million for. Plus the 250 I had in the bank makes it 400 million. The owner who finally does something added in 150 million to pay off the rest. Then he decides since the 53 million I have in balance still (from Champs winning and league) but then the chairmen goes off and gets a loan for 125 million so now I am back in debt. Went from having 201 million transfer budget to just 11 million and having to sell off two of my elder players to be able to re-sign some of my younger players at the end of the year. Plus going from 4 million in wages to just 1.1 million in wages.

I've take my first division Icelandic club to a cup final. The tackling is put to cautious for my whole career, yet two players get sent off against higher division opponents. After I rearrange my team and make substitutions to try and defend and hold out for penalties (this is the 60th minute), another player gets injured. So I'm left playing a far better team with 8 players. So ****** angry, especially when tackling is set to the least aggressive possible yet they still get sent off. I mean, what can you do when this sort of thing happens?

EDIT - You ******* belter, my 8 man team grabbed a last minute winner on the counter attack!

Last edited:
Having a warning because someone did not like my post, then he called me a tool, so I react he reports it I get a warning How fair is that

Finally getting my team balance up to 250 million. Then at the end of the year the Board decides to build a new stadium that would add 30K more for 78K total for Newcastle. Stadium costs 550 million to make. Selling off the old one I get 150 million for. Plus the 250 I had in the bank makes it 400 million. The owner who finally does something added in 150 million to pay off the rest. Then he decides since the 53 million I have in balance still (from Champs winning and league) but then the chairmen goes off and gets a loan for 125 million so now I am back in debt. Went from having 201 million transfer budget to just 11 million and having to sell off two of my elder players to be able to re-sign some of my younger players at the end of the year. Plus going from 4 million in wages to just 1.1 million in wages.

I had something similar. In 2018 my club was taken over by investors. I kept my job. In 2019 they (finally) said: We are going to build a new stadium (also 78k like in your game, i have 60k capacity now after expansion and 51k initially). So i had 125m Euro in bank, positive result. But then all of a sudden (due to new stadium) i was in red for 375m or so that season. Thought i went bankrupt. Glad the same week the chairman puts in a 375m which made me basicly break even, had 10m left. The next year though (2010) the chairman/investor puts in another 125 milion to give you money to spend. So i guess you need to be patient. Like me, only 8 more months until the new stadium opens :)

Edit: PS the figures i mentioned aren't correct, but comes close.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Made some screenshots for you to make it clear you don't have to worry :)

Expenses in the year the new stadium was announced:

4677504.bmp

Income:

4677508.bmp

Summary:

4677510.bmp

Capacity:

4677507.bmp

Last edited:
Oh thank you nlx. I was really worried that this was a glitch or something. Then again your chairmen seems like a good guy. When my guy bought the team in like 2014 he said he would clear the debt if he bought the team. When he did buy the team that didn't happen. He then said he was going to inject money into the team for training. Since I was already improving that and the board approved it he didn't give me any money since it went through on the year. Only thing the chairman has done for my team is make money. I hope it comes through cause the spike you have when you went from a huge profit to basically negative is just like me. Maybe I should play this upcoming year really fast to see what happens after the year.

The thing that is frustrating me the most, is the amount of open chances, one on ones, beeing shot right on the keeper! Im out shooting most teams 20- something, and scoring 2, if im lucky.

Another thing is, when ever I tweak my tactic before a game, it doesnt seem to be saving my changes. So I have to do it all over again in game.

Being fulham, leading West Ham 4-2 at 78 minutes, and still losing 5-4. what the ****?! :@

Last edited:
Back