Post Your Frustrations

Everything about FM11 in one big tantrum for me! The 3 games I've started and then given up on so far...

Example 1:

Derby 1 Crystal Palace 2 (Derby 19 shots, Palace 8)
Derby 3 Coventry 2 (Derby 36 shots, Coventry 4)
Derby 0 Ipswich 1 (Derby 23 shots, Ipswich 3)
Derby 4 Sheff Utd 4 (Derby 29 shots, Sheff Utd 6)

Example 2

Liverpool 3 Everton 2 (Liverpool 26 shots, Everton 2)
Liverpool 1 Arsenal 3 (Liverpool 18 shots, Arsenal 4 shots)
Liverpool 1 Huddersfield 0 (Liverpool 22 shots, Huddersfield 1)
Liverpool 4 Man Utd 3 (Liverpool 32 shots, Man Utd 9)

Example 3

Rangers 0 Aberdeen 0 (Rangers 14 shots, Aberdeen 2)
Rangers 2 Motherwell 2 (Rangers 19 shots, Motherwell 3)
Rangers 1 Celtic 3 (Rangers 24 shots, Celtic 5)
Rangers 6 Kilmarnock 1 (Rangers 28 shots, Kilmarnock 2)

Seeing the patterns?

And it goes on... the game is one big joke. Sorry to say that after buying every years game, 2012 will not be heading to my collection after the unrealistic bullshit that they have unleashed with 2011.

Really frustrated by the penalty misses . Rooney , Giggs and Hernandez have all missed pens for me in my first season with United and its not even December .

OK, here goes - I am currently playing as Rangers in the SPL. I was on a win-streak in ALL competitions (including the Champions league, opposition including Dynamo Kyiv, Borussia Dortmund away) I had only conceeded ONE GOAL in ALL competitions, after about 15 games in. I then face Celtic in the first old firm Derby of the season, fully confident of the right result as Celtic are laughably poor in my game, languishing in 4th position in the league. They take a shock lead against me, which I can accept, as these things can happen but it gets worse! Final score FIVE NIL! GROSSLY unrealistic! I'm not gonna be one of those ******** that blame the game for their poor tactics, as I no doubt ****** up with my tactics/team selection, but FIVE NIL!? Come on man! I've only conceeded ONE GOAL in ALL competitions!!! how can the game possibly explain such a defensive capitulation at the hands of SECOND RATE OPPOSITION!?

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Everything about FM11 in one big tantrum for me! The 3 games I've started and then given up on so far...

Example 1:

Derby 1 Crystal Palace 2 (Derby 19 shots, Palace 8)
Derby 3 Coventry 2 (Derby 36 shots, Coventry 4)
Derby 0 Ipswich 1 (Derby 23 shots, Ipswich 3)
Derby 4 Sheff Utd 4 (Derby 29 shots, Sheff Utd 6)

Example 2

Liverpool 3 Everton 2 (Liverpool 26 shots, Everton 2)
Liverpool 1 Arsenal 3 (Liverpool 18 shots, Arsenal 4 shots)
Liverpool 1 Huddersfield 0 (Liverpool 22 shots, Huddersfield 1)
Liverpool 4 Man Utd 3 (Liverpool 32 shots, Man Utd 9)

Example 3

Rangers 0 Aberdeen 0 (Rangers 14 shots, Aberdeen 2)
Rangers 2 Motherwell 2 (Rangers 19 shots, Motherwell 3)
Rangers 1 Celtic 3 (Rangers 24 shots, Celtic 5)
Rangers 6 Kilmarnock 1 (Rangers 28 shots, Kilmarnock 2)

Seeing the patterns?

And it goes on... the game is one big joke. Sorry to say that after buying every years game, 2012 will not be heading to my collection after the unrealistic bullshit that they have unleashed with 2011.

I've also noticed this. It is incredibly frustrating. What I've always said about the FM series is this - The ridiculous things that happen in fm DO happen in real life, but it seems as if it only ever happens to the team that YOU are in control of. Also, has anyone else noticed that A LOT of players have a tendancy to shoot on sight for some reason!? It is infuriating, as there is usually a good option for a pass, but instead they decide to shoot (usually from 20-40+ yards) It is usually a pitiful effort that is either straight at the keeper, or blasted into orbit like a space shuttle. I haven't specifically asked them to do this, and if there is any way of limiting this, I haven't found it yet.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

another thing that I have noticed - 9/10 times if you make all three subs with a significant amount of time left (let's say 20 minutes) one of your players will get injured, effectively "sending him off" and forcing you to play with a man down. This is ******* ridiculous!!! I don't get it! FM10 was a WINNER, so why the **** have they altered everything and make it unrealistic and predictable!?

I was Rangers in the Champions League, playing REAL MADRID away - I took the lead! I thought (yeah, that'll last! NOT!) but then I get a SECOND just on half-time and I am in dreamland!!!! However, Real come out in the second half and get a goal back after 55 minutes, and I said to myself (I'm going to lose this now) Which I did. Football is not as predictable as this, so why should FM be!?

Being on an excellent run with a small team, beating records and all that... BUT, if i lose one game, then i can't win for shi*, i can go the next 10 games without a W...

Being on an excellent run with a small team, beating records and all that... BUT, if i lose one game, then i can't win for shi*, i can go the next 10 games without a W...

yep, so true...

now.. this is frustrating

It takes so long for a substitution damit fouls on my players and injured for months after scoring hat-tricks, also when the post match interview, how does a player injur himself if he's being fouled by another player

Last edited:

It does happen in real life though. Remember when Hull City shocked everyone by going on a run of wins (including victory over a strong Arsenal side at the Emirates) ? They were looking at European football as they were 6th or 7th in the league at Christmas, but they got one dodgy result (can't remember who it was) and they slipped right down the league, not even winning a single game for something like 6 months.

Again, the things that happen in fm DO happen in real life, the problem is, in fm it happens WAY too much, and only seems to happen to the human controlled team.

this game is beginning to really annoy me now, the amount of sending offs i get is terrible, i have my tackling set on more cautious and i am still getting a man sent off nearly every game!

I was winning 1-0 away to Everton with Woking after dominating the game. I scored at 32 first half then i kept controling the game using truly defensive tactics, at 80 they get a penalty and my keeper parries it, at 83 another penalty 1-1, at 87 another penalty and it goes 2-1 then they do 3-1 from corner at 90.

Was FA Cup final, pretty ****** off about that..

Also strikers are extremely wierd, in some games they score 3 goals, then they suddenly start missing everything and start scoring again after 10 games..

Also corners are really laughable, i had a CB with 18 Jumping 15 Heading scoring four goals in a game.. that's never going to happen in real life.

Last edited:

Again, the things that happen in fm DO happen in real life, the problem is, in fm it happens WAY too much, and only seems to happen to the human controlled team
Exactly what i was going to say, that's the problem...

yep, so true...

now.. this is frustrating
I don't see the frustrating part. Looking at the stats, West Ham were the better team and got the result.

I've suffered this and it is a *******. If you have time, after the loss, schedule a quick tour of somewhere [American Samoa, somewhere you will get BIG wins.] and give your team 2-3 matches there. Win big, morale is back and you'll get a few good results. ;)

I've suffered this and it is a *******. If you have time, after the loss, schedule a quick tour of somewhere [American Samoa, somewhere you will get BIG wins.] and give your team 2-3 matches there. Win big, morale is back and you'll get a few good results. ;)
I'll try that next time

Ok, i have another complaint. Great game with lots of goals, sure... but i need 31(16) shots to score 5 goals, they shoot 3 times on target and score 4 :@ And this happens everytime, everywhere i go, every team i manage, it's so easy to score for the CPU, it makes me so mad...

mg78g.jpg

3 on target but they score 4? Was one of those 4 an own goal by any chance?

It does happen in real life though. Remember when Hull City shocked everyone by going on a run of wins (including victory over a strong Arsenal side at the Emirates) ? They were looking at European football as they were 6th or 7th in the league at Christmas, but they got one dodgy result (can't remember who it was) and they slipped right down the league, not even winning a single game for something like 6 months.

Again, the things that happen in fm DO happen in real life, the problem is, in fm it happens WAY too much, and only seems to happen to the human controlled team.

Exactly what i was going to say, that's the problem...

Actually, they do happen to the AI teams too, we just don't seem to notice it...

look at this thread on SI's forum, this is about an AI controlled Arsenal team going 7 games without even a goal and dropping out of all competitions...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/248643-World-Beaters-to-Egg-Beaters-overnight!

That would be when we got tonked by Man Citeh on Boxing day!

Im sure this has been mentioned already, but when you get a bid accepted for a player and they are not at all interested in talking to the club. On the other games at least you could offer them a tempter of a contract in the hope they will sign!

having dominated the Prem with Chelsea for 27 games (23 wins 4 draws) finishing top of my CL group with 6 wins (very easy group) having luck in the fa cup with getting drawn league 1 and championship teams, i face Liverpool in the LC Final.

Now im banging in 3-0 away wins against Arsenal whilst Liverpool are 9th and every other message is about ol Roy Hodgson getting sacked. So with my teams morale being suoerb and with the knowlege that ive alreafy done them 4-0 earlier in the season i go into the match full of confidance......

I come out if it being dicked 4-1 and having 5 key players injured whilst dominating play with 65% possension and over 20 shots

Back