Post Your Frustrations

Currently managing Celtic an champions league qualifiers against Ajax, I dominated with 29 shots and 10 clear cut chances while they had 11 shots and 0 clear cut chances. Yet they somehow won 2-1. second le, they had 17 shots and i had 15 and they won 6-3.

When you're missing a key player becuase he's 30 years old and out breaking international rules by playing the country's U23 side... :S

having dominated the Prem with Chelsea for 27 games (23 wins 4 draws) finishing top of my CL group with 6 wins (very easy group) having luck in the fa cup with getting drawn league 1 and championship teams, i face Liverpool in the LC Final.

Now im banging in 3-0 away wins against Arsenal whilst Liverpool are 9th and every other message is about ol Roy Hodgson getting sacked. So with my teams morale being suoerb and with the knowlege that ive alreafy done them 4-0 earlier in the season i go into the match full of confidance......

I come out if it being dicked 4-1 and having 5 key players injured whilst dominating play with 65% possension and over 20 shots

Ouch, I've been served a fresh, steaming pile of that bullshit myself. As I have already mentioned above, I was Rangers, and I was on a win streak in ALL competitions (CL included) and had only conceded a single goal (again, in all competitions) after about 15 games into the season, I face a POOR Celtic side, and I somehow lose FIVE NIL. Needless to say, I PROMPTLY restarted it. Can anyone hold that against me?

Ouch, I've been served a fresh, steaming pile of that bullshit myself. As I have already mentioned above, I was Rangers, and I was on a win streak in ALL competitions (CL included) and had only conceded a single goal (again, in all competitions) after about 15 games into the season, I face a POOR Celtic side, and I somehow lose FIVE NIL. Needless to say, I PROMPTLY restarted it. Can anyone hold that against me?

Haha , mate do you think you will go all season or all game without ever losing, you players probably became complacent and overconfident,

If you want a theorists view then you must realise that when you have a press conference and act all overconfident all the time then your players will become very complacent.

Currently managing Celtic an champions league qualifiers against Ajax, I dominated with 29 shots and 10 clear cut chances while they had 11 shots and 0 clear cut chances. Yet they somehow won 2-1. second le, they had 17 shots and i had 15 and they won 6-3.

Ajax :)

some of the complaints in this thread are pretty silly. Are you actually complaining about losing games, like that could never happen in real life? You've never seen top-tier teams lose against much lower rated teams? Bugs are fine to be frustrated about, but you can't blame the game for you being a bad manager.

And my biggest complaint is injuries. It just seems way out of proportion, every single matcg, no matter how much I try to tweak the tactics and everything, it seems I end up with at least 2 or even 3 injuries. Losing my main striker and both CBs in one game = FML.

im playing as leeds in the first season with griffiths and kadlec up front and some other good players i have signed, and i am losing games and im only 13th?!?! im used to nstant success in this game...

im playing as leeds in the first season with griffiths and kadlec up front and some other good players i have signed, and i am losing games and im only 13th?!?! im used to nstant success in this game...
Well get used to not-so-instant success.

Now, my Celtic board are actively looking to move so they try to sell it to a consortium with a former footballer. [can't remember the name.] I was confident I won't be ousted. After all, I've done the double in 3 consecutive seasons, won the African Cup of Nations with Cameroon, become most players favoured personel and I am one of the clubs favoured personel as well. However, the new board WILL sack me for Victor Fernandez [think that's his name.] Now I had a look at him. He's not even that good of a manager! Good news is that I didn't get ousted because the move fell through [PHEW!]

Also, during this time, we managed to hammer Aktobe 8-0 in the first leg of the champions league qualifier. Scott Brown gets sent off, no problem since I have Egidio Arevalo Rios coming off suspension for the second leg. So I play him... suddenly we can't score and we lose 1-0, even with essentially the same team.

To top it off, we started the league against Hibernian. We go up 2-0 and suddenly, we get 2 red cards. Best part? BOTH were to my right back [first it was Srna, then Rogne.] Albeit we still won, that essentially leaves me with my third best right back, a portuguese regen who isn't exactly spectacular.

some of the complaints in this thread are pretty silly. Are you actually complaining about losing games, like that could never happen in real life? You've never seen top-tier teams lose against much lower rated teams? Bugs are fine to be frustrated about, but you can't blame the game for you being a bad manager.

And my biggest complaint is injuries. It just seems way out of proportion, every single matcg, no matter how much I try to tweak the tactics and everything, it seems I end up with at least 2 or even 3 injuries. Losing my main striker and both CBs in one game = FML.

I'm not complaining about losing, not in the slightest. I KNEW that I would lose at some point (obviously) so it wasn't a surprise when Celtic (scum) took the lead against me. I still wasn't all that bothered when they slammed in a second, but they just KEPT scoring, which I found VERY hard to take, as I had the best defence in the league, and their strikers at that point couldn't hit a barn door. These things rarely happen in real life! Yeah, Argentina got annihilated by Boliva 5-1, but the Argies were playing VERY poorly in the entire qualifying section, whereas my team was beasting teams left right and center

---------- Post added at 03:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

my biggest frustration is probably when you are losing a game by the slightest of margins, with only 20 mins left, so you decide to throw caution to the wind and go all-out-attack and put on all three subs in an attempt to nick a goal. 9/10 times you do this, a player WILL get injured. It's EXTEMELY ******* annoying. It sometimes happens in real football (Wigan 3-1 Chelsea, for example) but it ALWAYS happens in fm.

yeah agent fees and demands for match highest earner are pretty annoying :S
also how the star rating dont show on your squad anymore in 11 like it did in 10 :(

Agree with everyone who has mentioned the amount of clear cut chances missed. I was Woking Town in a huge FA Cup game against Bristol City. I had 17 shots and only 1 on target? Yet City had 3 shots and scored with all three. I know Woking isn't a great team but come on?

woking town?? are you sure??

HELLLLP!!!

My FM11 has stopped working!!

When i go to run FM11 a microsoft windows box comes up and says 'Football Manager 2011 11.1.1f158038' has stopped working'

What to do?? has this happened to anybody else??

How poor was this Celtic team? [like, starting 11 wise.]

Ok, now this kinda sux.
I took leadership of AZ in Eredivisie after their manager got sacked. I noticed that the star-keeper was unhappy and tried to talk to him to see if there was anything I could do. He only said that the conversation had broken down and that he couldn't talk to me anymore (or something like that).
So now I got a keeper I need for the season that hates me because of something another manager did.

******* hippiebug........

2-1 down in ET with 10 men. Get a last minute equaliser through Aguero. Bale has the chance to net the winning penalty, misses it and then Chelsea go on to win on pens. I almost cried.

View attachment 122831

Back