Post Your Frustrations

Spoke to soon, bit of a bad run, down to third.
My frustration is I wanted to get rid of Utaka to rid me of his 62 grand a week and on the 1st January he's injured and out for 2 months.
Furious!
No way i'm getting rid of Nugent, he's worth every penny of his 30k!

Frustration of mine is when your on a strict budget and Granddad free players with high attributes want thousands a week to pay for Gold plated zimmer frames for when they retire and my stingy soon to be held up at gun point board will never give me a penny of the millions i make for the club each year from shrewd business negociations !! oh and another thing ... pleb managers noting the threats of players that youve had benched for weeks,, also going 4- Nil up making intelligent changes and tweaks to see the game out comfortably and some how the opposition during half time smuggle in Alex ferguson for the team talk of a lifetime and in the 80th minute 2 of my players get possessed by the Eric Cantona kung Fu red devil for drop kicking their strikers getting them sent off for there Spazentricity, and i end up drawing 4-4 !!Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh..! yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!! ..i have to go now i seem to have run out of sarcasm ..lol

dude............. how sad.......

SOO annoyed, I was playing Arbroath who are in the same position as me on points the league 2nd and 3rd, it was 0-0 until the 85th min when I scored. Then there was 2 minutes added time and then Arbroath scored a 96th minute corner :@

Studies of actual top level football have indicated that the penalty-to-goal conversion rate is about 85%. Of course, whenever it's a penalty shootout in FM11, I always miss at least 3. Total realism, right?

So for the first time on FM, I manage to win the Treble with Celtic. I get to the EURO Cup Quarter final [put out by Arsenal 3-1 aggregate.] Now I don't expect a huge transfer budget, but if anything I didn't want my wage budget to go down. [Keep in mind, this is before the 5th season.]

New season. Wage budget of 400k p/w. Try to max it out, 425k p/w. My team? Round about 475k p/w. Try to ask the board to increase the wage budget, they say sure... they do **** all. Thing is I don't want to lose any of my players because they are ALL top-quality. ******' tight-**** new chairman.

SO many one on one being missed? i could score them all if i put my in there shoes and i play cnetre back

Players missing CCC after CCC after CCC when losing or drawing. Don't mind beating Blackpool with 1-0 after a Gaziljon chances, but it's highly annoying getting kicked out of the league cup after beating Chelsea 2-1 and missing about 10 chances in extra time (half final, lost 0-1 first leg). Luckly it was the league cup if it was the CL I would have been mad.

Just being curious, what is the goals/shot rating of other managers? Don't know mine exactly but it was something like 700 shots and only 50 goals.

David Moyes messing my Leicester team up. :@

Accepted a contract offer for the end of season from Valencia half way through the season. Finished 3rd in the Premiership with Leicester (was going to keep that save going but had a save game fail) and now he's sold:
Alfred N'Diaye (was one of my best players this season) for £3 million.
Pablo Piatti for £5.25 million.
Mathias Fernandez for £4.8 million.
Has just sold our most promising prospect, Ben Kershaw, to Arsenal for £4.8 million.

He's put Charlie Mulgrew in my reserves and is playing a right **** player instead of him.
Got Ludovic Obraniak in on loan, and is playing him left mid, when he had two players that are twice the players he is and let them go.

He's brought in Christophe Berra for £7 million, £7 fluffing million?

They're currently 11th in the League. Ha, serves you right Moyes, messing up all my hard work :@

qpr

so i was half way through the season as QPR comfortably in first with players recommended from this site and the most downloaded tactics from this site doing amazing and then all of a sudden my best players start missing the easiest chances and start playing terrible and im now on a 7 game loosing streak and im doing nothing different and with me missing so many chances the opponents always score against the run of play and very good finishes ... what the **** happened ?

Last edited:
so i was half way through the season as QPR comfortably in first with players recommended from this site and the most downloaded tactics from this site doing amazing and then all of a sudden my best players start missing the easiest chances and start playing terrible and im now on a 7 game loosing streak and im doing nothing different and with me missing so many chances the opponents always score against the run of play and very good finishes ... what the **** happened ?

Same happens to most of us at some point. IMO I might be to do with overconfidence and counter attacking plus luck. I know during a run of 11 games unbeaten my assistant said my striker believed form enough was enough to win games. 15 chances later, all sitters, all missed, and opponent scores against run of play.

Players missing CCC after CCC after CCC when losing or drawing. Don't mind beating Blackpool with 1-0 after a Gaziljon chances, but it's highly annoying getting kicked out of the league cup after beating Chelsea 2-1 and missing about 10 chances in extra time (half final, lost 0-1 first leg). Luckly it was the league cup if it was the CL I would have been mad.

Just being curious, what is the goals/shot rating of other managers? Don't know mine exactly but it was something like 700 shots and only 50 goals.

This is my problem too, it gets to the point where the games stopping me from scoring for no good reason, last night i barely won a game 1-2 away after creating 12 ccc and my opposition just 1, I watched all the chances and some were unbelievable misses, considering the players i have i think its a bit of a joke. So upsetting drawing games where you create 6 cccs and your team fail to score.

Shows theres still big problems with the engine, either make 1 on 1s so the striker scores most of the time and you get fewer or just fix one on ones and let me win by a decent number...

Ill have to check my shots goal ratio.

I think the game can be fixed against you to a certain extent, like purely because I've just come up from the championship, people are going to score last minute goals against me, diaby is going to score 2 goals from outside the area every time I play arsenal etc etc etc. Playing the same tactics I played in the championship and not won in the first ten games, all be it I'm Portsmouth and had to assemble more or less a full premiership squad on 7.5m. But my defence isn't the worst in history personnel wise. My basic starting team is....
Kirkland
Chimbonda
Ciaron Clark
Woodgate
Rocha
Emmanuel Thomas
Stock
Brown
Lawrence
Charisteas
Altidore

Other players I have...Nugent, taarabt, Beckford, Treacy, Albeida, Bjorn Riise and probably more.

My question is, With that squad in the premiership, Should I be getting hammered or am I still tactically inept?
Its too frustrating though, played liverpool at home, battered them, played really well, rocha gives away penalty in 90th for 2-2. I just feel sometimes it wouldn't matter what I did It isn't going to let me win a game.

Thoughts?

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Just to display the extent of my problems. Lost 5-2 at home to Bolton. And i'm 3-0 down away at Fulham after 20 minutes. I mean, I may as well have no players on the pitch they literally just stroll past them.
I've scored a reasonably amount of goals, my defence is just embarassing.
Any tactical suggestion to improve the defence?

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

LAST POST!- Just got to share with you guys that my game against Fulham where I was 3-0 down after 20 minutes ended 4-4.
The league table makes ridiculous reading. I'm 18th with 4 points from 10 games, 4 draws. Scored the 7th most goals in the league (15) and conceeded 30 goals. I think that shows where my problem lies.
Sensational comeback though.
NEVER EVER SIGN WOODGATE. LAST RATING 4.7. SEASON RATING- 5.7. HASBEEN.

One of mine is that when you're viewing only the key parts of the game and it goes over injury time when the other team is on the attack, they score 99% of the time so it's as if I can see it coming.

im actually disgusted by the amount of chances you miss inside the 6 yard box and 1 on 1's any striker would score 8/10 in the 6 yard box where on fm you score 1 maybe 2

and i do believe the result is set out before the match because against stoke completely against the run of play i get an own goal in the 91st minute then my goalkeepers gives it away and tuncay strolls past 2 of my cb's like they werent there then smashes it top corner !! it was the like game was trying to right a wrong it made by giving me the goal

im actually disgusted by the amount of chances you miss inside the 6 yard box and 1 on 1's any striker would score 8/10 in the 6 yard box where on fm you score 1 maybe 2

and i do believe the result is set out before the match because against stoke completely against the run of play i get an own goal in the 91st minute then my goalkeepers gives it away and tuncay strolls past 2 of my cb's like they werent there then smashes it top corner !! it was the like game was trying to right a wrong it made by giving me the goal
Have you patched your game? I'm not having any problems scoring in my Dortmund game. This was an issues before 11.2.

Just tore the rest of my hair out in frustration...

Portsmouth v Bradford (I'm Bradford). Here are the stats from the match:

Shots: 3-32
On Target: 1-21
Woodwork: 0-4
Clear Cut: 0-12
Possession: 35-65%

SCORE: 1-0 to Portsmouth (A flukey 30 yarder from Utaka)

Result: The end of my 19 match unbeaten run, a massive morale drop, star player declaring he thinks he should be playing at a higher level.

Ever wonder if Football Manager hates you...?

biggest frustration ever had to be when i was newcastle against aston villa and was winning 1-0 until 90th minute when i concede a corner. I thought that was a bad thing to happen but it got much worse. villa play a ball over the top of my defence for the fastest striker in the world emile heskey to chase. coloccini has at least 10 yards head start of heskey while chasing the ball but for some reason stupid coloccini decides to slow down and lets heskey run like the wind past coloccini. Then i thought it's only heskey he's obviously going to miss the 1 on 1. but no. suddenly coloccini decides to speed up, catch up with heskey and slide tackles from behind to concede a penalty and get sent off in 94th minute. i lose 2-1 :@can't believe this clown gets paid 80k per week

Last edited:
Just had 3 players sent off within 5minutes against real madrid. Pato,Dentinho and Henrique >_> i was doing well as well. wtf.

So against Valencia, Dodo, my best Left back by FAR gets sent off... now, I had to put on my two right backs, which isn't bad and, even though we won, the only left back I have? a 15 year old. He won't be eligible for the match against Inter. FML.

Back