Post Your Frustrations

To be fair Mike, numbers are always going to be up aren't they? Would be very strange if someone "unmembered themselves". What about active users and post rate? I bet they're both down in comparison to say 2/3 months back.

well they're not, average numbers of users logging on each day is up. the same number of regulars and semi regulars are also logging in so people are not being turned off by it in the way you seem to think

Hate it when you praise someone for the first time and they give you the "I've heard it all before very recently" treatment...

uh....no, no you haven't because I haven't talked about you before.

playing as middlesbrough in 2nd season i reiceved a bid of 120k for jonathan grounds, my chairman stepped in and accepted it as it was too good to turn down, a week later i get my board confidence update and they are dissapointed with the departure of grounds when there was nothing i could do

Last edited:
Im playing the World Cup in 2022 as the manager of Brazil. My left back Marcelo retires DURING THE TOURNAMENT. He plays the group stage and the second round... his retirement date is 31st of June... and when I get to the quarter finals he's gone.... very irritating...

The amount of times the cpu gets one shot on target and scores is ridiculously bad and thats not to mention the times they dont even get a shot on target yet still score.

I am going to start a few different saves and document the amount of times it happens because it definitely happens a lot. This isn't necessarily losses its various results, win lose or draw.

I really cant see me buying FM 12.

I don't mind the new site, I just hate the search now. It was really simple before, now it's a pain in the *** to use.

The ai is ******* deadly against the human but my team who average around 25 shots per game, 5 clear cut chances and at least 10 shots on target couldnt hit water if they fell out a boat. If its true that the game doesn't know the difference between human and ai then how does my team Bayern who have the best players in the league not manage to be deadlier than players who aren't as good.

Add into the fact that since i took the Bayern job my team has one by one been torn apart by injuries.

Phillip Lahm 3-4 months
Arjen Robben 3-4 weeks
David Alaba 3-4 weeks
Christian Eriksen 3-4 weeks
Franck Ribery 3 weeks

Now we can add Andrea Poli 4 weeks.

This is using duncs training with no compliants or being overworked and even slightly turned down.

Last edited:
Nearing end of season...in my previous two games, I've had 6 people get knocked out of the game....SIX! Plus 2 others who took knocks!

Ugh so incredibly annoying, I dont think I've ever seen so many injuries in such a short period before.

Nearing end of season...in my previous two games, I've had 6 people get knocked out of the game....SIX! Plus 2 others who took knocks!

Ugh so incredibly annoying, I dont think I've ever seen so many injuries in such a short period before.

I have seen 4 players having to go off injured in one game, its a farce.

When have you ever seen 4 players having to go off injured in one game. Sure players pick up knocks but if its true that injuries are in line with real life figures then apart from Sunderland this year i have never seen as many players have to leave a match on a regular basis and Sunderland was an extreme case.

It never seems to be my fringe players who get injured its always my top players, obviously they play more but why does the players i rotate in and out the team never get injured. Something about this game just seems off to me.

I have seen 4 players having to go off injured in one game, its a farce.

When have you ever seen 4 players having to go off injured in one game. Sure players pick up knocks but if its true that injuries are in line with real life figures then apart from Sunderland this year i have never seen as many players have to leave a match on a regular basis and Sunderland was an extreme case.

It never seems to be my fringe players who get injured its always my top players, obviously they play more but why does the players i rotate in and out the team never get injured. Something about this game just seems off to me.

You kind of answered the reason to your frustrations in your paragraph- Everyone's game save is different, and because of this, there will be extreme cases of injury's at one point. And because this is an extreme event, that can happen in real life [IE- Sunderland], it makes the game slightly more realistic.

Am playing as Man City, and twice now the board has invested just over £36 million, and each time i look, i have extra spending money, which is annoying as I cant buy anyone. Can anyone please help or offer a solution? thanks

I hate it when you do a post match press conference and the press never asks you about the most controversial call in the game. They will ask you about some stupid offsides call that was night and day though...

In my last game, I gave up a penalty kick due to a guy COMPLETELY flopping. He was never touched! It was slightly hilarious but also aggravating.

So I was going to rip the referee a new arsehole in the press conference, but instead I got a question about the other team being denied a penalty (which was not even a highlight in the freaking game!!!)

Again, conferences almost never pick the most controversial calls as questions to the coaches...

i guess it was a bug
but my GK had the ball in his hands on the line and was standing calmly
and suddenly he just turned around let the ball down scoring an extremely bizzare own goal

You kind of answered the reason to your frustrations in your paragraph- Everyone's game save is different, and because of this, there will be extreme cases of injury's at one point. And because this is an extreme event, that can happen in real life [IE- Sunderland], it makes the game slightly more realistic.

I could understand this if it was just one save it happened in but i have had three saves in FM 11 and it happens in them all, even when i was Rangers manager and my team couldnt handle the training schedule i turned the intensity down but there are still a **** of a lot of injuries and always to my most important players.

The transfer system is awful also, the human has to pay extraordinary amounts for players they want, which is how it should be but the cpu rarely if ever comes in with a bid relevant to what the human would need to pay. The human more often than not has to offer players out just to sell them which is complete bullshit if you ask me because in real life teams bid for players all the time.

The same teams bid for the same players at the start of every new save, most of the time for players who arent and never will be good enough for the team bidding. I just think there is so much wrong with this game but thats not to say it doesnt have its good points.

It does a lot well but it does just as much terribly.

Can someone tell me how it's realistic to score in the 85th minute and bring it back to 2-1 and not have a single highlight afterwards until the end of the game? I mean I'm Barce-*******-lona and I'm at home to Real Sociedad. In 5 seasons I've scored about 3 injury time winners at two clubs full of highly determined players.

I have a really bad record against Man Utd. I swear the game is biased. I've probably only won 2 games (one of which I won 5-1) out of 20. A lot have been draws. The last 2 games my team (Spurs) had most of the possession and chances, hit the woodwork 2 or 3 times, then in added time Rooney scores from 40 yards to win the game. It's happened a lot of other times where I've been leading having played really well and United get a last minute equaliser, even though I'm setup totally defensive. I have a decent record against all the other top sides, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, I even beat Real Madrid the other night. At least I've beaten them to the title the last 4 years!

Well, fu Football Manager. First leg in the last eight of UCL (Leeds being my team, obv):

View attachment 173256

To be fair, I was without my main striker (Milevskiy), but that's just ridiculous.

Other frusturations:

- Just about every team from Stoke to Wolves, build-up their attacks with GK passing to their respective full-backs (from goal kicks also). How in the * did that happen?!

- Players don't feel like closing down the opposing GK. It bugs the **** out of me, since I play with high-pressing most of the time. My players do a good job in closing down the CB's who are forced to back pass, and then they just stop there. GK is having all the time in the world to dwell on the ball, and usually the goalie ends-up playing the ball back to the very same CB and the same scenario repeats itself. Sometimes even four times in a row. What the heck, seriously?

- You can't stop the opposing GK from playing the ball to his full-backs unless you place your wide players at same level as your striker. Infuriating when playing against teams like Barcelona or Arsenal, who aren't actually lethal when it comes to aerial battles.

- The match-engines inability to grasp some of the VERY basic concepts of tactics, eg. the benefits of three men midfield vs. two men, or the benefit of three at the back against two strikers etc. etc. is quite alarming. It's great that gelling of the team and man management and such are as important as they are in real life, but the tactical department has taken a few steps back, IMO.

- The possession between teams in matches is about 50/50 wayyyy too often. Eg. Arsenal ended this season with average of 60% of possession in matches they played in the BPL, in my save their average possession rates were in two seasons at ~52%. They used the tactic of their real-life counter part (or as FM sees it) and the same personnel in their 1st season, and bought eg. Pastore in the second. There were only couple of matches in the two seasons I tracked when they actually exceeded the 60% mark. The same thing goes with Barca.

- The tempo slider has quite a little effect. It has some effect in the play when the team is in their own half, but soon as the half-way line is crossed, the attacks become as quick as they get. It's nearly impossible to replicate the overly patient passing of eg. Barca in the game.

- The first touch stat isn't ''active'' in the defensive third of the defending team. As mentioned above, you can press the heck out of Wolves, but their defenders take bad touches very rarely. You can see the stat working in situations eg. when trough balls are played to the attacking players, but the defenders are actually godly in receiving passes.

PS. If someone has come up with a tactic that is very effective in winning the ball back quickly, please let me know.

Sums up the game for me

The cpu is far more potent in attack than the user.

Is there a stat you can check at the end of the season to see the user shots to goals ratio? i bet it would be very low while i bet if you could work out the cpu shots to goals ratio against the user it would be very high.

The most infuriating thing is that Stoke actually scored with their first shot of the game.

Back