Post Your Frustrations

Just got a 4* PA regen through my acadamy at arsenal in my first season, brilliant striker, brilliant starting stats for 15 year old, then my laptop crashes before i can save and i lost him. I flipped.

View attachment 181408

Dunne recieves the ball- He runs with it, and passes foward. The Bristol Rovers defence has been exposed; Both Brandy & Noble are through on goal. Clearly Brandy is offside and Noble is onside. The ball stops in the middle of Brandy and Noble, and both players hesistate. Common sense would think Noble, who was onside would take the ball and score. But nope, idiots being idiots, Brandy takes the ball and is flagged offside. sigh.

Typical Exeter Players <)​

I would normally complain but...

First choice right back gets injured in a game...ok fine things happen
Replacement right back comes on....gets injured.... ok i can get through this
For next game put backup centre back who can also play right back in on the right....gets injured in that game
Put a centre back in at right back who has no experience playing there....gets injured in the same game
Call up very young but promising right back from the Under 18s....gets injured the day before the next match

Now having to play a creative central midfielder at right back for at least the next four games. Annoyed. Hmm slightly.

I would normally complain but...

First choice right back gets injured in a game...ok fine things happen
Replacement right back comes on....gets injured.... ok i can get through this
For next game put backup centre back who can also play right back in on the right....gets injured in that game
Put a centre back in at right back who has no experience playing there....gets injured in the same game
Call up very young but promising right back from the Under 18s....gets injured the day before the next match

Now having to play a creative central midfielder at right back for at least the next four games. Annoyed. Hmm slightly.

Maybe your training workload for defenders is too high.

i am currently frustrated because Kalmar FF, eternal second to my Helsingborg in the Swedish Premier League, are NOT going to be subject of a japanese tycoon takeover. that is because even with a tycoon they couldn't compete against my team, but surely would improve the reputation of the league and take other swedish teams into europe, in order to get better young players and so on

Playing as Man City, lost to Blackburn 1-0 in the league cup final in a game I dominated, managed to win the league only to lose to Everton in the FA Cup final 1-0 in another game I otherwise controlled. Everton had 1 shot on target out of three (the winning goal) to my 5 shots on target out of 20.:@

The amount of bloomin chances missed is so unrealistic it's unbeliveable

This is the truest thing ever said about football manager. My Celtic team has Jay Bothroyd and Michael owen up front, with Jano, Payet and Owen Hargreaves as my midfield attackers and somehow I got pumped out of the CL by Young Boys as my home leg finished with 24 shots, 3 on target. I think I've had one season since early in FM07 where my top striker has scored more than 16 goals. Im becoming so frustrated wih this game, I cant get anyone to score many goals. I sign strikers with proven track records, 20 for finishing, but cant hit the target, then you scout for goals across Europe and a guy with finishing of 7 has hit 48 in 19 in Brazil or Eastern europe. WTF SI??????

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

The amount of bloomin chances missed is so unrealistic it's unbeliveable

This is the truest thing ever said about football manager. My Celtic team has Jay Bothroyd and Michael owen up front, with Jano, Payet and Owen Hargreaves as my midfield attackers and somehow I got pumped out of the CL by Young Boys as my home leg finished with 24 shots, 3 on target. I think I've had one season since early in FM07 where my top striker has scored more than 16 goals. Im becoming so frustrated wih this game, I cant get anyone to score many goals. I sign strikers with proven track records, 20 for finishing, but cant hit the target, then you scout for goals across Europe and a guy with finishing of 7 has hit 48 in 19 in Brazil or Eastern europe. WTF SI??????

Does anyone know if there is some trick to scoring goals in this game other than buying the best strikers in the game because that clearly doesnt work.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

missed chances here, too.
Torres keeps getting magnificent chances that he'd put away on any day, but just cannot manage to hit the back of the net.
very frustrating.

Clearly the only realistic thing in FM11 then. Torres couldnt hit a barn door if he was locked in a room made of barn doors.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Stats rarely change if the researcher thinks they're correct, I imagine that all stats have been locked so the stats will stay the same for the full game release. The likes of Ronaldo, Messi and Tevez already have amazing stats and they'd have to have a ridiculously amazing season to merit an increase. Gomes, Corluka and Defoe obviously haven't done enough to merit a change or SI think they're good enough already.

Researcher HAHAHAHHAHA they dont have a researcher. A guy watched a game in his local park once that finished 0-0, witha load of sitters missed, a load of players got injured and he assumed thats what all football matches were like and then built this game.

Does anyone know if there is some trick to scoring goals in this game other than buying the best strikers in the game because that clearly doesnt work.

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Clearly the only realistic thing in FM11 then. Torres couldnt hit a barn door if he was locked in a room made of barn doors.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

Researcher HAHAHAHHAHA they dont have a researcher. A guy watched a game in his local park once that finished 0-0, witha load of sitters missed, a load of players got injured and he assumed thats what all football matches were like and then built this game.

You could try to make a proper tactic...

another frustration: Stephen Crainey got injured for 11 months so when I'm asked who I wanted to have as captain for the season, I replaced him as captain...now he's unhappy about it :-S

Thats natural, hes still at the club. Dont replace your captain unless your unhappy with him and want rid of him. Your vice captain will automatically take over in games. You can add captains onto your list in tactics like you can with penalties.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

You could try to make a proper tactic...

Good answer, thanks, didnt think of that moron. My tactics are fine, my strikers just dont score goals. if i was the only one moaning about this then your reply might have been helpful, but seeing as there are tonnes of posts about not being able to score goals, Ill just politely ask you to shut the **** up.

sorry i just need to vent this out:

WHY THE **** MY TEAM FOR THE 3RD SEASON IN ROW IN APRIL THEY DECIDED TO SCREW THINGS UP AND PLAY LIKE ******** , ALWAYS THE SAME , FOR NO REASON AT ALL THEY MORAL DROPS AND I LOSE 3 GAME IN A ROW , LAST SEASON IT COST ME EVERYTHING

thank you for your patience

Srry i cant get picture, i was in Cl final with my Chelsea team in mye first season, and it was aginst UTD they scored first but i goal right after that. The scored again and a little later it comes some Anelka magic. 2-2. But it was extra time when it was a corner but it was not goal. Essien played a little passing game before ihee passed to Lampard and hee shoots and what a goal. Wee are in heaven now!
But in the other extra time after the first round, the goaled from a corner. And it wass penalty kick. It was 3-2 or 4-3 to UTD and it was Kalou if he miss now wee loose! Hee took power shot. He missed. Wee played without Torres and A.Cole.!

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

rather than telling someone to shut up, realise the problem is more likely with how you play. How can your tactic be fine if you are not scoring goals

RVP Nasri, Walcott, Arshavin and Wilshere all injured within 3 games on arsenal file with 11.03 patch. Only reason i'm not kicking off properly is because somehow we're still 1st-gave City a good 5-1 pumping on the first day of the season, Vermaelen playing for City after i sold him. Satisfying. Thng I really just don't understand is that EVERY year there is an injury problem and usually a problem with penalties and cards......surely SI should take more care with these things? Or am i just being incredibly ignorant?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Thats natural, hes still at the club. Dont replace your captain unless your unhappy with him and want rid of him. Your vice captain will automatically take over in games. You can add captains onto your list in tactics like you can with penalties.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

Good answer, thanks, didnt think of that moron. My tactics are fine, my strikers just dont score goals. if i was the only one moaning about this then your reply might have been helpful, but seeing as there are tonnes of posts about not being able to score goals, Ill just politely ask you to shut the **** up.

Wow-chill out mate, it's only a game. and to be fair he's probably right-if it's a chronic problem then usually tweaking your tactics does work-if only because the AI gets used to user created tactics after a season or so.....even just pushing your forwards mentality up so that he's playing off the shoulder off the last man or changing a duty from support to attack can make a whole lot of difference.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

No offence mate but Bothroyd and Owen are hardly what i'd call "top" strikers, and Hargreaves isn't an attacking mid. Plus as i'm sure you already know having 20 finishing means absolutely nothing if the other stats which complement it such as composure and off the ball are low.....in most cases high mental attributes make for a better player than technical ones...and in any case scoring lots of goal in Brazil and Eastern Europe isn't always conclusive evidence of a strikers ability to score goals on a bigger stage.....

Last edited:
My board accepted 15 million USD bid for my star regen striker :S

Probably for the best though as I'm in serie A and my total budget is about 16 million...

Fed up with injuries. The amount of injuries is completly unrealistic. You can tell that by looking in the history tab and clicking injuries, to see all past injuries. My players get more injuries in a month playing for me than in their entire 15 year career before August 2010. In reality many (most) players go their entire career without a serious injury. Often clubs have no injuries and are able to chose players from their squad for a particular game. Look here.

English Premier League Injury Table - PhysioRoom.com

How many injuries do Blackburn, Everton and Norich have? None. That's how many. If football were as dangerous as fm2011 it would be banned. An hour on the fm2011 pitch is like an hour on the eastern front in WW2. Release a patch to make injuries realistic, so that having 10 injuries from a squad of 40 is as unusual as it is in reality.

Fed up with injuries. The amount of injuries is completly unrealistic. You can tell that by looking in the history tab and clicking injuries, to see all past injuries. My players get more injuries in a month playing for me than in their entire 15 year career before August 2010. In reality many (most) players go their entire career without a serious injury. Often clubs have no injuries and are able to chose players from their squad for a particular game. Look here.

How many injuries do Blackburn, Everton and Norich have? None. That's how many. If football were as dangerous as fm2011 it would be banned. An hour on the fm2011 pitch is like an hour on the eastern front in WW2. Release a patch to make injuries realistic, so that having 10 injuries from a squad of 40 is as unusual as it is in reality.

Totally agree with you here mate, although many think the number is realistic.

I have posted many gripes with this game but one that ***** me off no end is how ineffectual my team are against 10 men, I know my team supposedly has more options than the ai but for all the optiions i have and changes i make they make no ******* difference whatsoever. Now reverse the roles and the ai will take advantage no matter what you do, well i'd say at least 90% of the time.

Why is this?

you do realise we are in the close season, have a look at that when its full swing, there are more injuries in real life than in the game still. if they actually matched it, people who freak, they complain enough as it is

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

Totally agree with you here mate, although many think the number is realistic.

I have posted many gripes with this game but one that ***** me off no end is how ineffectual my team are against 10 men, I know my team supposedly has more options than the ai but for all the optiions i have and changes i make they make no ******* difference whatsoever. Now reverse the roles and the ai will take advantage no matter what you do, well i'd say at least 90% of the time.

Why is this?

the number is realistic, SI post the figures for this over and over again, its still lower than in real life.

you do realise we are in the close season, have a look at that when its full swing, there are more injuries in real life than in the game still. if they actually matched it, people who freak, they complain enough as it is

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

the number is realistic, SI post the figures for this over and over again, its still lower than in real life.

Could you direct me to the figures for real life and SI figures if you have them?

Any tips on how to help my team take advantage of 10 men

Back