Post Your Frustrations

Could you direct me to the figures for real life and SI figures if you have them?

Any tips on how to help my team take advantage of 10 men

I would, if the SI forums were not down.

10 men, i go to control, play wider. if there are defending really deep, pass it to feet. Depending how they organisde you either want to retain possesion and work out a goal, orget the ball forwards for a more aggressive control approach, depending on their formation. Look for where they are weakest

I would, if the SI forums were not down.

10 men, i go to control, play wider. if there are defending really deep, pass it to feet. Depending how they organisde you either want to retain possesion and work out a goal, orget the ball forwards for a more aggressive control approach, depending on their formation. Look for where they are weakest

Thanks i give what you try a shot, see if i get any success.

Thanks i give what you try a shot, see if i get any success.

it may just be that fm11 isnt for you. had the same thing with 09, and i havent enjoyed 11 as much as 10, even though i think overall its better than 10

you do realise we are in the close season, have a look at that when its full swing, there are more injuries in real life than in the game still. if they actually matched it, people who freak, they complain enough as it is

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 PM ----------

the number is realistic, SI post the figures for this over and over again, its still lower than in real life.

I don't believe that is true.

'The average number of reported 'significant' injuries to first team squad members, that kept the player out of action for at least two weeks, was 22.'

Reported Injuries Per Club 2006/07 Season - Injury Table Analysis 2006/07 Season - PhysioRoom.com

In my game I have been really lucky so far and had only 8 injuries of longer than 2 weeks. By September 25th. I am almost half way to the average number of injuries in two months when I am both very careful and lucky. FM 2011 is one long injury crisis and not much else.

Test it for yourself. Count up how many injuries longer than 2 weeks you, or any other team has in a season. In the game I'm playing Arsenal has 11 player out now. West Ham has 10, Fullham has 10 etc. Entire first 11s are out injured. This is not normal.

FM 2010 seemed OK. I seem to remember thinking about tactics and stuff, instead of just injurys. FM 2011 should be renamed injury manager 2011. That is what the game is about, managing injuries.

When fm 2011 first came out I remember it had stupid amounts of cards given out, like 20 per game, making it unplayable. Well now it injuries that are dished out by the dozen. It is way OTT.

I don't believe that is true.

'The average number of reported 'significant' injuries to first team squad members, that kept the player out of action for at least two weeks, was 22.'

Reported Injuries Per Club 2006/07 Season - Injury Table Analysis 2006/07 Season - PhysioRoom.com

In my game I have been really lucky so far and had only 8 injuries of longer than 2 weeks. By September 25th. I am almost half way to the average number of injuries in two months when I am both very careful and lucky. FM 2011 is one long injury crisis and not much else.

Test it for yourself. Count up how many injuries longer than 2 weeks you, or any other team has in a season. In the game I'm playing Arsenal has 11 player out now. West Ham has 10, Fullham has 10 etc. Entire first 11s are out injured. This is not normal.

FM 2010 seemed OK. I seem to remember thinking about tactics and stuff, instead of just injurys. FM 2011 should be renamed injury manager 2011. That is what the game is about, managing injuries.

When fm 2011 first came out I remember it had stupid amounts of cards given out, like 20 per game, making it unplayable. Well now it injuries that are dished out by the dozen. It is way OTT.

When the si forums are back up you can see the results for yourself.

as for your test, ive never had more than 4 players out for more than 2 weeks at any one time, except when i started the game with players already injured. But that is neither here or there. FM2010 was way too low. Whether you believe it or is not upto you, but the facts are still there from their soak tests

And the yellow cards has nothing to with the injuries, but poor rotation of refs, which meant some players got stuck with overly strict refs every game

Last edited:
When the si forums are back up you can see the results for yourself.

asfor your test, ive never had more than 4 players out for more than 2 weeks at any one time, except when i started the game with players already injured. But that is neither here or there. FM2010 was way too low. Whether you believe it or is upto you, but the facts are still there

And the yellow cards has nothing to with the injuries, but poor rotation of refs, which meant some players got stuck with overly strict refs every game

On average a Premier league team has about 3 players out injured at any one time. About 1000 days are lost to injury in aseason of about 300 days. Check the injury table in your game. In my game the average number out is 7, or more than double the real number. It is easy to check. Just look at the leagues in your game and see how many injuries there are.

And yes, the amount of yellow cards given out was a bug. Just like the amount of injuries given out is a big. Clearly ythe two are not directly related, other than being incredibly annoying.

On average a Premier league team has about 3 players out injured at any one time. About 1000 days are lost to injury in aseason of about 300 days. Check the injury table in your game. In my game the average number out is 7, or more than double the real number. It is easy to check. Just look at the leagues in your game and see how many injuries there are.

And yes, the amount of yellow cards given out was a bug. Just like the amount of injuries given out is a big. Clearly ythe two are not directly related, other than being incredibly annoying.

again its not a bug. You can state this all you want. SI have their soak tests, and the results from this season.

and the number of days hugely vary, last season west brom had 493 days lost, sunderland had 2001.

Club No. of injuries

Tottenham Hotspur 61
Arsenal 58
Manchester United 52
Liverpool 47
Aston Villa 46
Sunderland 45
Everton 42
Newcastle United 40
Blackburn Rovers 39
Manchester City 38
Birmingham City 35
Wolverhampton Wanderers 34
West Ham United 32
Fulham 28
Stoke City 28
Chelsea 27
West Bromwich Albion 23
Wigan Athletic 22
Blackpool 20
Bolton Wanderers 20

Club No. of days off

Sunderland 2001
Newcastle United 1643
Arsenal 1587
Tottenham Hotspur 1528
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1162
Manchester United 1131
Fulham 1128
Everton 1116
Liverpool 1109
West Ham United 1093
Bolton Wanderers 1071
Blackburn Rovers 1042
Aston Villa 1027
Birmingham City 960
Stoke City 922
Manchester City 895
Blackpool 843
Chelsea 785
Wigan Athletic 556
West Bromwich Albion 432

again im not trying to argue or convince you. You can call it a bug if you want, but dont expect a change for fm12 becuase they dont see it as a bug because their own tests and the data they get from Opta shows they are pretty much right on the injuries

and the average number for this season was between 4 and 5. Mine sits at 4.2

when the site is up ask PaulC for the data

Im fed up with the amount of goals i concede from set pieces, seems at the moment whatever team an formation i use i concede constently.

To follow up from above Neymar tore his hamstring and Jonathan broke his foot after the first game. Have no rb's left. Been in the job less than a month and I have over 8 months worth of injuries already.

Can someone give me a reason to play this game anymore?

In my third season with Newcastle and after a great start my team is ****** with injuries, all strikers.

Now i only have youths to play there.

Ok bit of a frustration and a plea for help in one here.

No matter which tactic I use I have started to notice that a very high percentage of my passes go through my left back regardless of what level I play at. It doesn't seem to matter if I play a playmaker or don't it consistently happens and is rather annoying.

Can anyopne help me here is so annoying that I can't fgiure it out I want my team to play throguh my playmaker not my left back!!

Ok bit of a frustration and a plea for help in one here.

No matter which tactic I use I have started to notice that a very high percentage of my passes go through my left back regardless of what level I play at. It doesn't seem to matter if I play a playmaker or don't it consistently happens and is rather annoying.

Can anyopne help me here is so annoying that I can't fgiure it out I want my team to play throguh my playmaker not my left back!!

Are you playing a short distribution game from the GK? because a lot will go through the left back, this happen IRL too. Its just an easy ball to the fullbacks

No thought of that and on analysis they are on half way line is annoying simply because at HT in games the left back will have say 45 passes and depending on level I'm playing varied completed ones. All this and say my playmaker in midfield will have 15 passes :-l

Cant remember where i read this, but its something to do with the way players pass, left back will get plenty of touches, but it shouldnt affect you tactically

Oh yeah not affecting me tactically or anything but sometimes if they are rubbish at passing they will get a 6.0 rating or lower which affects their performance. Yeah been looking for a solution coming up short so far cheers for help though glad I'm not only one to suffer this

Oh yeah not affecting me tactically or anything but sometimes if they are rubbish at passing they will get a 6.0 rating or lower which affects their performance. Yeah been looking for a solution coming up short so far cheers for help though glad I'm not only one to suffer this

Its actually worked in my favour since i generally make my left back the more attacking of the two anyway, not sure there is much of a solution apart from making sure you have a left back that can pass.

When SI forum is back up, might be worth a post on their Match Engine thread

Its actually worked in my favour since i generally make my left back the more attacking of the two anyway, not sure there is much of a solution apart from making sure you have a left back that can pass.

When SI forum is back up, might be worth a post on their Match Engine thread

Yeah probably will just come to that is annoying at lower level where they can pass of course but they f**k up alot.

Cheers will look into that thanks for speediness of the reply as well mate much appreiciated :)

Back