The Olympics... Nuff said

edit: Actually I'll add more. For my community shield clash against Manchester City I had 2 subs on the bench because most of my players were at the Olympics. Now I know what it feels like to be Portsmouth!

Started a new game with Southampton.
At the end of season 3 and successful fight to stay in top flight, my chairman decides to install undersoil heating.

Excellent, right?

Well I suppose his brother must be the contractor, because is cost a WHOPPING 26,000,000 EURO!!!

There go my hopes of adding a quality striker

Finished my first season as Hull City manager after using the MUFC Carter transfer update.I finished 10pts off the play offs which was ok as I had beaten Boro 4-2 on the opening day after leading 2-0 they came back to make it 2-2,I also did the double over Millwall and took 4 pts of Leeds(2-2 away and 2-0 at home).I had a transfer kitty of £2million and a wage budget of £225k per wk.
I bought Marlon Harewood in on a free and signed keeper Ben Alnwick from Spurs for £550k.
I cut my wage bill down to £170k per wk but had my midfielder Tom Cairney sold by the board and I offloaded Jimmy Bullard to Everton for £660k during the summer to cut down on my wage bill.
I managed to get Robbie Brady in on a 2nd loan during my 1st season.
Harewood weighed in with 29 goals all from open play and was top scorer in the Championship.
I signed a 2yr deal for £800 a week less then my initial deal.
So I thought I would try to bring Robbie Brady in on a permanent deal.
I then found that I had no transfer kitty and my wage budget was £17k a week.
I applied to the board for a decent transfer budget and was knocked back.
I had to sell Harewood for £1.25 million to get some money which did not go down well with the fans.
Anybody else had a similar situation?

Really starting to hate the referees in this game, they call offside waaay too often. Every other goal my team manages to get in is discarded because the hallucinating ref's think it's offside. Going back and checking the goal and you clearly see it ain't offside...

2-0 up as Everton in my first season in the 90th minute against Man Utd, 5 minutes later i lost 3-2, and there was only 3 minutes added on :( Realistic isn't it.
Also on the same save Wigan got relegated so i thought i would look through their team for bargains and saw Franco di Santo hadn't scored in 40 league games over 3 season.
The playing against Sunderland, not doing very well, not being clinical, so i sub Welbeck off for Macheda. But...just before the sub happens welbeck scores and amazing solo goal, running half the pitch and kicking ***. :(

Defenders who basically never actually perform.. which in turn can turn a 5-0 game around to 5-6 because they're just that stupid..

Frustrated by the lack of transfer activity in the Spanish league,I have won the la liga 7 times in a row,the other clubs have seemed to give up

Who are you? In real life Villarreal's chairman has been quoted as saying that ''La Liga is bullshit'' because of the Madrid-Barca financial monopoly. If you're Barca or Real then that is quite plausible that the rest of the league has thrown in the towel.

Who are you? In real life Villarreal's chairman has been quoted as saying that ''La Liga is bullshit'' because of the Madrid-Barca financial monopoly. If you're Barca or Real then that is quite plausible that the rest of the league has thrown in the towel.

Barcelona

Didn't know if I have to post it with Frustrations or Funny things....

so I decided to post it also here, this is so freaking annoying...View attachment 194555

5 injuries, 1 red card and a 94 min goal against.....

**** injuries

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

**** strikers who cant score

I'm playing as Atletico Madrid in 2019, and have Theo Walcott, who has just turned 30 and has one year left on his contract. I go to renew it when they give me the 12 month warning, and even though I have him as a key player, when I go into the offer contract screen it has it set to back up, meaning he's asking for a 75k appearence fee plus 160k per week (he's currently on 140k per week). I change the squad status to key player, offer him the 160k, but reduce the appearance fee because 75k is stupid, but his agent is having none of it and won't budge from 75k. This just seems ridiculous, who on earth gets 75k just for playing a match?

Same thing happened with Piatti as well, he's on 130k per week and he's 30 with one year left. Now he wants 165k plus a 69k appearance fee, which he won't move from whatsoever. Absolute joke.

I had a regen CB he was quality, and only 22 worth 5.5m anyway Man City offered 13m for him which i though "sod that"... but the board accepted it!! and now he's moved there.

It's not like im struggling for money, i have 36m transfer budget!!

Playing as Athletico Madrid, in the 2017/18 season these were my league stats:

Played = 38
Won = 32
Drawn = 3
Lost = 3
Goals For = 137
Goals Against = 22
Goal Difference = 115
Points = 99

Barcelona's league stats:

Played = 38
Won = 32
Drawn = 4
Lost = 2
Goals For = 97
Goals Against = 16
Goal Difference = 81
Points = 100

SERIOUSLY?

I seriously hope they improve on the referee's on the next game, they're driving me nuts on this one. Their decisions sometimes seem overly random and seem to "favor" the AI on occasions.

Not to mention that I've seen around 70 total fouls in a game, with only 3 yellow cards given. That's just crazy..

Barcelona

Yeah, La Liga has thrown the towel in.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Playing as Athletico Madrid, in the 2017/18 season these were my league stats:

Played = 38
Won = 32
Drawn = 3
Lost = 3
Goals For = 137
Goals Against = 22
Goal Difference = 115
Points = 99

Barcelona's league stats:

Played = 38
Won = 32
Drawn = 4
Lost = 2
Goals For = 97
Goals Against = 16
Goal Difference = 81
Points = 100

SERIOUSLY?

I had something similar with FM07. I took charge of Belenenses in the Portugues Premier League.

First season;
1 - Porto P30 W23 D4 L 3 73pts
2 - Belenenses P30 W22 D5 L3 71pts

Second season;
1 - Porto P30 W25 D3 L2 78pts
2 - Belenenses P30 W24 D4 L2 76pts

I quit and started a new game after the second season. Now I know Porto owned the league last year in real life but c'mon? Beat me by one win and two points two years running? Even worse was that in both seasons I took 4 points off of them, beating them at home and drawing away.

Why so many injuries????????????

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

WTF is with this game????????