In your manager profile under personal information there is manager description. I was wondering how many descriptions there are. I have only seen "talented manager" and "media-shy manager". What about you guys?

The FM match engine is one of the single worst pieces of computer gaming design ever. Other games like Fifa manager have an awesome 3D match engine, while FM has this crappy engine with players that don't go after the ball when it's near them, or slow down when they're close to it letting someone who is 50 yards away nip in first. The amount of times players your own players either get in each other's way or kick it against each other to rebound into the path of an attacker who scores is just ridiculous. The 11.3 patch is also rubbish, not uncommon to see 3 serious injuries per game to your players, and I reckon about 2% of clear cut chances are actually scored. Also, when your players do get injured, what it says in the match doesn't correlate with the news after the match, the game is designed to screw you over. E.g. Rooney has to go off, he collided with Lampard. Then on the news screen: Rooney out for 4 months with a torn calf muscle after attempting a sprint in the match against Chelsea.

Just signed Neymar for Swansea, 2 other players were on highest earner which I unclicked on his contract yet it must have glitched and now 3 players are on 110,000k lol... wtf.

The board still being upset about a player sale 6 months later... Let it go douchebags, we're smashing the league, he was a non-performing dud, WHAT DOES IT TAKE!?!?!?!
GAH!

View attachment 195356

You know, I could moan about losing 3-0 in a game I dominated in every department. I could moan about creating 18 shots and not scoring a single goal, but that happens to a lot of people and I can take that. What I can't take, is the opposition kicking the **** out of players to the extent that I have to finish the game WITH TEN ******* PLAYERS.

View attachment 195356

You know, I could moan about losing 3-0 in a game I dominated in every department. I could moan about creating 18 shots and not scoring a single goal, but that happens to a lot of people and I can take that. What I can't take, is the opposition kicking the **** out of players to the extent that I have to finish the game WITH TEN ******* PLAYERS.

some pages back I posted a screenshot which is worse

5 injuries + 1 red card + a 1-0 against in 94 min....

People have different opinions but in the end and in real life, football is still a business. You have to get what you think is what you deserve. Although they are a lot fewer, there are managers, whether in football or other sports, and especially in North American leagues, that bolt out of their teams/clubs because they've received a higher offer from somebody else. Me, as a football manager in FM, wants to apply it in the game. After all, it won't be included in the game if its unnecessary.

And you think you deserve to earn 350,000 euros a week? Nobody in football does

In your manager profile under personal information there is manager description. I was wondering how many descriptions there are. I have only seen "talented manager" and "media-shy manager". What about you guys?
I've also seen Media-Friendly boss(even though my Asst Manager handles media) & popular manager

i can't seem to get rooney to score this season, ever since i sold berbatov and use him as complete forward support. he doesnt seem to score as many goals as last :(

Are they people who play Malaga (on the new update)? What are your results? I dont know why, but every time I play this team, my results are just terrible. It doesn't matter what tactic I use, my team is always in the lower part of the table.

Grrrr, I just hate it how some matches are just made to be unwinnable, even if you successfully motivate all your players. We went up against Man City, everyone was looking motivated and Man City's had poor morale across the board, but ahoy hoy, Steven Gerrard (Steven f'n Gerrard!) misses a penalty, Jordan Henderson gently taps a sitting ball centered on goal with no keeper into the woodwork and then Agger randomly heads in an own goal to give it to the other side.

I wish there was a text box or something that came up beforehand that informed you it was an unwinnable match. That way I could avoid the frustration of pretending my input matters and SI can pat themselves on the back for what a realistic simulation they've made.

Last edited:
The fans confidence thing is pure nonsense. 'The fans are saddened to see player x leave the club and feel he still had something to offer', despite the fact he hasn't played a game for 3 years and there are about 4 other better players in his position.

Also, when the fans get annoyed at losing a derby game there's no perspective. I'm playing with Everton and Liverpool are a much better team, yet even after a narrow 1-0 defeat, the fans are still 'unhappy with the Liverpool result and feel it is something to should be looked at' for a good 6 months, f**king get over it.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

I wish there was a text box or something that came up beforehand that informed you it was an unwinnable match. That way I could avoid the frustration of pretending my input matters and SI can pat themselves on the back for what a realistic simulation they've made.

Go on holiday, you always seem to get stunning results when you leave the computer to sort itself out.

Having a homesick player who was born in the same city as the club you're managing.

Again, I beat a team I probably shouldnt 3-0.

I click "continue" at end of match and GAME CRASH! ...I replay and lose...I replay and draw...I replay and lose...bullshit! I won the game fair and square!

ive read a few of these pages, but not all...and threads about the game being scripted.
i cant claim scripted as such, but a lot of things in fm11 have really ****** me off...instances:
1/ players run in the opposite direction to the ball when it runs into space (even sunday league pub players dont do that).
2/ players never win a 50/50 ball...even with the biggest hardest, strongest cloggers...if it looks like you do, you get penalised for a foul.
3/ average of 3 players injured nearly every game (im using default training, so nothing strenuous)
4/ when ive made my 3 subs, through players getting injured, i can guarantee i'll then get another injury, forcing me to play with 10 men.
5/ throw ins = loss of possession, whether on short, mixed or long...my pet hate in the game.
6/ as i always play as underdog teams, whenever i score against big clubs, they immediately score straight after, as if im not allowed to win or draw.
7/ players dont react how i want...i set my teams up to play pressing, hard tackling tactics...they always stand off, letting opposition players do as they please.
8/ if im winning, at least 3 or 4 minutes added on time, if im losing, usually about 1 min.
9/ dunno bout scripting, but once, my game crashed, and id lost approx 2 weeks worth of play (ive always had monthly save since the early days of champ manager, but now save weekly)...i had to play those matches again...the results and scorers were exactly the same, and a few of the other fixtures i remember with other teams, were the same too...whats that about?

the above, ive noticed with different saves, from non-league to premier league.

i dont claim to be a good fm-er, but if you put in the time, and the above happens, whats the point?...i mean, c'mon, im a palace fan, so im used to losing, but if i do, i want it to be fair and square...i went back to playing fm10 for a bit, and had none of that happen...if fm10 had the fluidity of the match engine on fm11, id go back to that all day long.

lets hope fm12 is better than the **** poor fm11.

1. Players who keep shooting from 30+ yards every time the get the ball despite all your tactical instructions telling them not to.

2. When the referee wrongly gives a 90+2 minute penalty for Chelsea to rob you of both the game and an unbeaten league season...

spanish cup semi leg 2 is on the same day as worldcup south amercian qualies........ so on top of my 2 injuiries 2 suspensions i get 8 players off on int duty, lost me the game 3-1 having to play a 17yr old CB from the youth team :(

Raging over this one, I'm sure the game has done it just to wind me up. Spent a week negotiating over trying to get a new keeper in (who admittedly looks quality) - a 20 year old regen already rated at 4 stars by my scout. I was pretty certain I couldn't get many better players (Adler, Akinfeev etc are all ridiculously old) so I took the plunge and shelled out 18 million + add ons.

2 days later, I find out Ospina is available on a free transfer list as he agent offers me to him for nothing. Could have saved the best part of 20 million on the other 3 players I still need!

I think the beginning of the game is slightly unrealistic. Every time I start a new save with a Premier League club I try to raid Man City's fringe players. Players like Shay Given, Wayne Bridge, Kolorav, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Craig Bellemy etc. but nearly always fail, unless I'm willing to spend ridiculous money. I find the same problem with a lot of the top teams.