Anyone noticed how much the coach/scout reports fluctuate? They change so much, it's really annoying.

I found 2 very good young strikers, scouts and coaches said they had potential to be important first team players (4 star). They were both foreign to the English league so I gave them a season on the fringe of the first team and playing most games in the reserves.

Then in their second season they were both 19 and stats looking very good and improved so I gave them more games in the first team. One hits 17 goals and 6 assists in 27 starts and the other hits 20 goals and 10 assists in 30 starts.

After that season they have both dropped to "potential to be a good player" (3 stars). Now what in fresh **** is that about?

I was also looking into signing Balotelli as he was going very cheap and not being played by City. Scouted him to check price and whether he would be recommended by the scouts. Comes back with the report that he "is a quality player" (3.5 stars). This was in January, his conract ran out in the summer. I ended up not signing him, no particular reason, just decided against it. Came to the summer when his contract was up, decided to look into him again. Get another scout report, comes back with "would be a useful signing", (2 stars). How does that work?

Swansea finally approached me after a full season being out, they were struggling, halfway through the season in the bottom 3 but I managed to finish 9th with them. I had a transfer budget of over £16m but we were in the red, but I spent it anyway, bringing in some good, young regens which sent us well in to the red (-£26m) but fortunately, the chairman bailed us out with a £30m loan. Don't know if it's a tycoon that's taken over, I never checked, but to loan that much is ****** brilliant.

hi i'm in January and this is what the game said.

'A serious encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\crash dumps.

pLS WHAT DO I DO IT'S A REALLY GOOD SAVE ANY HELP PLS

same here. :(

i can never seem to do well with teams above mid table in the epl for some weird reason but then im able to get unbelievable results with much weaker teams.. guess im destined to play poor teams and not stronger teams. :'(

Since when has Roy Hodgson been on this forum?

I just got sacked for finishing 2nd in Prem. Bastards!!! After all I did for them!!!! 8 seasons of hard work and loyalty and much swearing!!!!!! :mad: :'(

Last rant for a while because I don't want to seem like a faultfinder or a cry baby because I really love the game and I am thankful for this game although it irritates me sometimes . But anyhow, am I the only one who experiences this awful problem ? What is the problem you may ask? Well it happens most or if not everytime my team scores a goal , after the restart for the opposition my team ends up conceding right after the restart , from about 3 - 5 touches in a matter of seconds, its like the opposition goes directly on attack and they are unstoppable, my defenders who are world class can't stop some lacklustre players from scoring and its starting to upset me because I am dropping points faster than a politician's promise after election day and quite a few at that .

My goalkeeper heads a ball passed to him by my defender instead of catching it and it lands on the feet of the opposition striker who buries his scoring opportunity. /facepalm/

after 2 seasons of unparalleled success, my third season has been plagued by mistakes, injuries to key players and a huge transfer flop :(

My goalkeeper heads a ball passed to him by my defender instead of catching it and it lands on the feet of the opposition striker who buries his scoring opportunity. /facepalm/

Annoying that his header ended up with the opposition striker but why the **** are you complaining about the keeper not catching it? You're saying YOUR defender passed the ball to YOUR keeper right? You do understand the concept of a back-pass don't you? Because that would be a bit odd if you didn't and you're playing Football Manager.

does anyone else agee that fm should have one formation display for when having the ball, and another one for when your team is off the ball? I think it would be fantastic and it's very realistic aswell.

Anyone noticed how much the coach/scout reports fluctuate? They change so much, it's really annoying.

I found 2 very good young strikers, scouts and coaches said they had potential to be important first team players (4 star). They were both foreign to the English league so I gave them a season on the fringe of the first team and playing most games in the reserves.

Then in their second season they were both 19 and stats looking very good and improved so I gave them more games in the first team. One hits 17 goals and 6 assists in 27 starts and the other hits 20 goals and 10 assists in 30 starts.

After that season they have both dropped to "potential to be a good player" (3 stars). Now what in fresh **** is that about?

I was also looking into signing Balotelli as he was going very cheap and not being played by City. Scouted him to check price and whether he would be recommended by the scouts. Comes back with the report that he "is a quality player" (3.5 stars). This was in January, his conract ran out in the summer. I ended up not signing him, no particular reason, just decided against it. Came to the summer when his contract was up, decided to look into him again. Get another scout report, comes back with "would be a useful signing", (2 stars). How does that work?

Just to add this now. I stumbled across a ridiculous one a couple of minutes ago. I was looking at the assistant reports for my midfielders, Modric and Thiago Alacantra were the top 2 centre mids with 4 stars, Hamsik 3rd with 3.5 stars and Sandro 4th with 3 stars. One week later (And I am not exaggerating on that time scale, it was literally a week) I have all 4 of the above equal on 3.5 stars.

And this happens too often as well!!!
View attachment 207741View attachment 207742

I should add that despite my complaints on here I do love this game, this is the best one for some time in my opinion as well. I'm just using this thread for what it was intended, "post your frustrations".

Just wanted to let anyone that might be reading my posts know that I'm not just being a whiney ****! Just venting when something annoying occurs.

I can't ever sell players. I just started a new game and no one will take Carroll or Downing off of me. It's so difficult to sell players, but when I buy I get my transfer budget pillaged by the other team.

I can't ever sell players. I just started a new game and no one will take Carroll or Downing off of me. It's so difficult to sell players, but when I buy I get my transfer budget pillaged by the other team.

cause you're trying to get rid of players that have (more or less) only just signed for your club and other clubs dont wanna pay the wages, plus the player normally doesnt want to leave and wouldnt even negotiate with other teams

and you get raped in the transfer market because the selling club doesnt want to sell their (possibly) best player. they know you have money which makes them push an asking price even higher. You accept because you really want him and they have basically screwed you because you didnt play the long game in unsettling the player, making the player list you in their favoured personel and at the same time have your club doing well. no player wants to move to a club not doing well

this is hoiw kinda think about that and it stops me getting ripped off. and its helped me know that even if i dont want a player who has just come to the club i dont try and get rid of them. i keep them for a year and then get rid. you can get much better offers for him then andif he's had a few good moments in the season or played pretty impressively, you can then rip them off a little....I mean i got £40M for Berbatov from Bayern!

Last edited:
cause you're trying to get rid of players that have (more or less) only just signed for your club and other clubs dont wanna pay the wages, plus the player normally doesnt want to leave and wouldnt even negotiate with other teams

and you get raped in the transfer market because the selling club doesnt want to sell their (possibly) best player. they know you have money which makes them push an asking price even higher. You accept because you really want him and they have basically screwed you because you didnt play the long game in unsettling the player, making the player list you in their favoured personel and at the same time have your club doing well. no player wants to move to a club not doing well

this is hoiw kinda think about that and it stops me getting ripped off. and its helped me know that even if i dont want a player who has just come to the club i dont try and get rid of them. i keep them for a year and then get rid. you can get much better offers for him then andif he's had a few good moments in the season or played pretty impressively, you can then rip them off a little....I mean i got £40M for Berbatov from Bayern!

Fair play, the £40m for Berbatov is insane. It is fruitless for me to try and sell two players who just arrived (especially the Ponytail.

I'll give the unsettling a better go in this save. Lucas Moura and Gotze, you're just fantastic.

Fair play, the £40m for Berbatov is insane. It is fruitless for me to try and sell two players who just arrived (especially the Ponytail.

I'll give the unsettling a better go in this save. Lucas Moura and Gotze, you're just fantastic.

Honestly....Gotze is amazing and i paid £80M for him..... I know your pain, theres some players you just HAVE to have

17 year old regens demanding first team football or they'll leave!

I started unemployed, took the first job (Burgos). First season was going awesome, my striker was scoring goals after goals! Then he got injured and bye bye good results... I didn't get promoted either, now I'm in my second season and it looks like I wont get promoted this year because there are some strong teams and yeah mine is not that good, on top of that my 'awesome striker' is a total flop now! I really need promotion this year, otherwise I will start a new game. I really never am lucky! Either I get sacked at clubs like Tottenham and QPR, or I try with little teams like Burgos and don't get promoted......... Am I just bad at the game? :(