This is literally the worst game I have ever played. The cheating is so ******* pathetic and unbelievable. Whenever I pause the game to make a sub there's a 90% chance a highlight will be created and I'll concede, pick up an injury or a card. In the last game of the season, 1-1 away to Stoke. I want to sub on Carragher for his last ever appearance as he's retiring and as soon as I make the sub Stoke get their first highlight in 30 min and score. They would not have gotten it if I didn't pause. It's happened EVERY ******* year and I even ranted about it in last years frustration thread. I have to wait until a highlight is going before I make any changes coz of this ******* bullshit.

Do what I do, pause the game when u make substitutions

Have played the same continuous save right from the demo but finally decided to start a new game as I wanted RVP at Utd. Pre-season friendly v Dortmund and he gets injured and out for 8 months!!! Then second game of the season.......

34th minute: Smalling injured

57th minute: Ferdinand injuried

61st minute: Evra injured

88th minute: Rooney injuried!!!!!!

F**k off FM12. STEAM > FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 > UNINSTALL.

Spend another £30/£40 for FM2013?? Lick the back of my sweaty nut sack SI.

Why can't my ****** strikers score anymore?!1! Whomever I put up front just keeps hitting the ball over, near or straight across the front of goal, never in the goal and yet the opponent's striker only needs one chance to put us one-nil behind. So sick and tired of it.

Do what I do, pause the game when u make substitutions

I do, that's how the highlights get created. I'll pause it, make the sub then when I unpause it they're suddenly on the attack.

Really annoyed with the Champions League group stage draw. I qualified with Leeds and got put in a group with Barcelona, PSG and Dortmund. XD

Think my save is finished. 7 seasons in and I get my first two crash dumps at the same point. Can't progress...

It's pretty minor, but it's always frustrated me when the news story comes out about the manager who is unlikely to re-sign, but invariably always does.

Best example was in FM11 where I was dominating as Inter and desperate to move to Barcelona, and for 5 or 6 seasons in a row there was a story about Guardiola being likely to walk away from the club.

Playing through two saves at the moment. Southport for a story and Norwich as they're my team. For the last ten games in both saves I have had the following happen, without fail, in each match.

1. I have a goal ruled out for offside
2. I have a sub get injured within five minutes of coming on and has to be subbed himself
3. The opposition score in the last minute to ****** a draw or win the game
4. I pause the game to make a substitution, when I restart the game the opposition have a goal added at the exact time I paused the game even though it doesn't show up anywhere in the highlights and there's no replay of the goal

I enjoy playing FM but its hard to stay interested when this sort of thing happens all the time

I've also noticed if I don't have a certain position covered on the bench e.g. RM, then the same position on the pitch will need to come off before the match ends. I actually started a save just to test this and deliberately left a different position uncovered each game and every time that was the one that got injured

Last edited:
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
I'm sort of new to FM. I have played to very short extent before, but just now really gotten into it. I seem to be doing something terribly wrong, because I lose against all sort of teams. My team is Hamburger SV (Bundesliga, Germany). I don't use any weird tactics, nor unbalanced ones- I have used a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 diamond. Just now I lost to a really ****** division 3 team, 4-0 at home...
Does anyone know what I can do? Any tips? I have read like every page of a FM Tactics Guide, but that solely explains how to make a tactic, and I know how to do that.

Thanks in advande you guys.

/ JR

Hello FM community, quick question,I am trying to upload new tactics, and I have absoloutly no clue how to add screenshots to them? I hear tactics will be deleted if no screenshots are listed with or on the file. Please help anyone.Thanks....
anime.gif

Last edited:
I've in my game now come to the 1th of november 2019 i think i is.... but every time i try to continue the game shuts down... please help....?

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?
I'm sort of new to FM. I have played to very short extent before, but just now really gotten into it. I seem to be doing something terribly wrong, because I lose against all sort of teams. My team is Hamburger SV (Bundesliga, Germany). I don't use any weird tactics, nor unbalanced ones- I have used a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3 and a 4-4-2 diamond. Just now I lost to a really ****** division 3 team, 4-0 at home...
Does anyone know what I can do? Any tips? I have read like every page of a FM Tactics Guide, but that solely explains how to make a tactic, and I know how to do that.

/ JR

Have you tried changing your team instructions?? or even issue each player with individual play instructions, this may help keep your players to set style of play. Sometimes you just have bad form, its frustrating but it happens.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

/ JR

Hi mate,

A few things to consider...

Fitness of players is paramount - you may have a great defender but his fitness is 90% and your 2nd choice is 100% I'd go with the one who's fit and likely won't require the use of a sub in-game.

Let your assistant take control of Opp Instructions then during the match what i do is keep the following two boxes open... Opposition Tactics (so i can see the second Opp subs are made) and Opposition formation (if they change tactic 3 minutes before the end i want to adapt so they can't take advantage so I set my full backs marking as follows and change as needed in-match:

Zonal marking when playing against a formation with no wingers OR against a formation with flat 5 in midfield.
Man marking against wide midfielders
Specific marking against the more advanced wingers (AMRL)

Keep an eye on changes but usually poor managers won't do this much but the best will change things on the fly so be prepared.

After fitness, selection should be about morale and form. Im poor at team talks but if their morale is Superb it won't even matter cus they'll likely be motivated anyways.
Younger players breaking into the team will also sometimes play well to prove a point (some even in big games if they 'relish big games'). So rotate your selection a bit and don't play the same team twice in a row if you can help it.

Think about 'countering formations' so if the match report says the opposition plays 41221 plan to make sure you can play your best full backs - if a 4312 then your best anchorman and so on...
Are you going to be up against strong, fast or technical strikers? Pick your CBs accordingly. Good taklers for technical and pace and aerial ability is self-explanatory.

Are you getting much 'green' from team talks? Half time ones can be very important, if it doesn't work tell the younger players you have faith assertively that often works for me. Motivated and fired-up are better than happy, relaxed or delighted. But green is good.

In my experience the sooner you make a sub the sooner you'll need another one. When condition reaches 77% personally i begin picking a sub replacement and once at 75% i prefer to sub them if possible - defenders at 76/77% - but bear in mind your opposition and where on the filed their key players are.

Bear in mind the more specific player instruction changes you make the more screwed you'll be when you change team mentality/tactic on the fly mid-game as those player instructions will not reset and may be wholly incompatible with the formation you (or your oppponent) has just switched to.

If you are confident your side is better, remember that attack can be the best form of defence - if you go 1-0 up in a ticght match in the '68 minute don't switch to defensive just keep doing what you're doing and if you control the game still you're good (mostly lol).
A first goal is just a tease and means nothing til you get the second anyways.

Build your formations around key players rather than shaping your squad to work well with existing ones.

Watch extended highlights so you can see when and where you are going wrong.

IMPORTANT: Say you have a player who plays DRC. Check their Positions page to see just how versatile they really are. Accomplished is better than competent etc... But even if that player is your best CB by miles and/or world class they might still be a useless RB ewven if they can play either. In such a case it'd be better to use a worse player sometimes if their natural position is RB. Roles aren't AS important as positions but certainly a player in his favourite role & position should play better (definitely with position though).

The above can be chacked in the player's coach report. Change to the required position in the drop-down meanu on coach report and see the 'star list' to compare how well they play in that position to others in your squad.

I'd like to offer more tips but would go on forever lol, unless you have any specific info for me to go on?

:) :)

Now that's just misleading.

lol ye sorry i have a seemingly pathological tendency to write too much and drone on and on
tis hard to keep it short and sweet sometimes

As Mark Twain wrote, "I would have written a shorter letter but I didn't have the time" ;)

Have you tried changing your team instructions?? or even issue each player with individual play instructions, this may help keep your players to set style of play. Sometimes you just have bad form, its frustrating but it happens.

I have, yes. In fact, the specific players is the thing that dragged me down, I think. I have removed them now, and I hope for a turn for the better. Thanks mate.

Hi mate,

A few things to consider...

/.../

I'd like to offer more tips but would go on forever lol, unless you have any specific info for me to go on?

:) :)

Well I'll be damned. Didn't think anyone would take the time to give me a reply like this.

No, nothing specific... Yet. Hehe. Thank you so much. I'll go through this, adjust my settings and all, and notify you with the progress.

Thanks again.