Free Agents!

Think this belongs in here!

One thing that really ****** me off and I'm sure it might have been mentioned before, but in your saves where you attempt to sign up a free agent (free transfer) who has been without a club for ages and has no clubs interested in him, yet for whatever reason the player will refuse to even enter a negotiation with me.

In real life a player that can't find a club usually will either lowers wage demands or drop down to a lesser club/lower league. So ******* unrealistic that a player will rather have no club and sit there like a **** for months on end and not play. I'm not talking about getting an unemployed Ronaldo or Messi to come to me either, some of them are relatively ****, yet still **** that are good enough for my lowly side.
grin.gif
I know that players 'reps' decrease over time due to age and ability decreases, they do when a player is not attached too, but don't think it does it quick enough.

Also why once your about to be promoted or have been promoted and your waiting for the season to 'refresh' so to speak, the players I scout out for next season refuse to come, yet as soon as the season is refreshed they are happy now that my reputation increased has been taken into account? Frustrating when you miss out on your targets because of this!

Sorry for the moan but those things have been bugging me for a while, someone should come up with a mod for the stubborn out-of-contract players refusing to lower their frickin standards! Or at least I hope they implement it better in the next game, especially when you manage teams that pool most of their players from the free agent market.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Took over #6 Belgium directly before Euro Champ qualifier group games.

Team is getting smashed as I haven't had time to install my tactic.

Not looking good for me as nobody is scoring

remove some of your leagues and holiday past the crash dump point

Didn't work. Oh well this is fitting. Last time I'm probably going to buy FM and my last save ends with my first ever crash dump corruption. Perfect summary of the utter shitfest FM has been for me. Sayonara to this ****.

What tactics do you use? Your Average ratings are sensational!!

Not the best season ratings i've had haha the season before with this team the rating were insane and my spurs save in 2026 had some incredible season ratings but for the squad i have im very happy with the ratings.
The formation i use is : a 4 2 3 1 something like this one
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...a-treble-first-season-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a.html
But with some changes i prefere.
The linked one is also very good heard some very good reviews about it!

Not the best season ratings i've had haha the season before with this team the rating were insane and my spurs save in 2026 had some incredible season ratings but for the squad i have im very happy with the ratings.
The formation i use is : a 4 2 3 1 something like this one
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...a-treble-first-season-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a.html
But with some changes i prefere.
The linked one is also very good heard some very good reviews about it!

Sounds good. Ive never had success like some of the guys on here. I thought i was good at the game :( lol

maybe is the wrong thread but here i go....i saw in Newgen Thread that german players are eligible to play for Germany national team.... in my game Germany players are not real...can you help me to solve the problem? thank you

one time my cb went to clear, kicked the ball into the back of his teammate and rebounded back into goal, i mean its almost like he aimed for him lol. He got benched next game out of principle. it doesnt help that my team, Notts county are technically and physically pretty good but dumb as two planks. Also Alan Sheehan, blasts his free kicks, into the wall ovr the x bar and repeat, an entire season without one goal from free kicks :(, i know i should trained curve shots but it was my 1st season and didnt know how, now i got new free kick guy, rating is only 15 but hes got better technique, free kick ---> goal :)

sry for wall of text p.s FM12 is absolutely amazing, love it :), totally hooked

I reached my max number of transfers in for the season??? WTF??? Guess I won't be signing those two stellar african regens in january....

Rene Adler wants 17k a week to sign for FC Midtjylland but he joins Grasshoppers for 8.5k a week!?!?!. Our club ratings are both 2 and half star, FC Midtjylland is the 3rd best team in Denmark and Grasshoppers the 5th best team in Switzerland. This better not happen in Football Manager 2013, absolutely disgraceful cheating by the AI and unfair disadvantage against a human player.

Lost away to real madrid in first leg of first knockout round 3-0. Beat them 3-0 in the return leg and then won the penalty shootout to advance. Played my fa cup match and then closed fm12 in the post-match screen, assuming it was gonna ask me if I wanted to save like usual and not paying attention to what I was clicking. So I closed without saving. Tried 5 times so far to repeat my success, best I can do is 2-0. :( Might just give up and accept the consequences of my failure.

All their f...ing updates are annoying and frustrating me. I've spent quite a long time tweaking a tactic and spent even longer scouting for good players at a decent price so that I can win with smaller teams. And then they come up with a minor update which means the tactic isnt as good as it used to before the update!!

Also:
1: If you make 3 substitutions you will almost certainly have an injury later.
2: Players are extremely slow to recover from poor fitness. I wish they had the ability to think for themselves and not train at max the day after a game. Or at least you should be able to let your assistant take care of their training/rest. By the way: players can gain 3% fitness from you pick your team til you hold your teamtalk, but in 3 days they cant recover from the last match!!
3: The amount of own goals is ridiculous!!