Post Your Successes

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 555
  • Views Views 220K
I began a save as Leyton Orient to which my surprise became my all time longest save, I shall be honest and say it did take me 4 years to get into the premier league, and that also meant 2 play off final defeats, once in the league 1 play offs and then 2 years later the championship play off final, but I did recruit a regen named Clive Beesan after my first season in league 1 to which in years to come would become the best player in the world, not bad after I signed him for 6k from Boston United ;) But once I was in premier league first season was difficult despite Clive coming the top goalscorer I seemed toconcede a lot of goals but done well to finish 14th, I kept finishing in the lower half of the premier league for the next few years until my break came in the year of 2020/21 as I pulled of a champions league place and came 4th, I qualified through the play offs with a convincing win over Inter :) I wasn't spending much at all up till this point but I didn't want to as thought my team was good enough, at this point my team is full of regens and were bought in on the cheap in hoping there would become world stars like my centre forward who was breaking records left right and centre, his best season came the year after I got champions league scoring 66 goals in all competitions, I didn't spend big until 2023/24, I spent 38 million and 32 million of that was a left winger from benfica named Michael Ritsch, anyway skip a few years again, my next break came in my previous season, 2024/25, I won the Europa league and finally the title after years of coming 2nd and 3rd, I also won the capital one cup in that year, my first major trophy came in 2023 as won capital one cup, I know it took a long time to finally win stuff, but very happy with this save, I also own a knew stadium although its currently being made bigger so sharing with Charlton but that's not a problem right now, thanks for reading and it may not be a success to some as took a long time, its a success to me as normally I quit a game after losing a few but stuck with Orient this time ;) Thank you for reading!

I began a save as Leyton Orient to which my surprise became my all time longest save, I shall be honest and say it did take me 4 years to get into the premier league, and that also meant 2 play off final defeats, once in the league 1 play offs and then 2 years later the championship play off final, but I did recruit a regen named Clive Beesan after my first season in league 1 to which in years to come would become the best player in the world, not bad after I signed him for 6k from Boston United ;) But once I was in premier league first season was difficult despite Clive coming the top goalscorer I seemed toconcede a lot of goals but done well to finish 14th, I kept finishing in the lower half of the premier league for the next few years until my break came in the year of 2020/21 as I pulled of a champions league place and came 4th, I qualified through the play offs with a convincing win over Inter :) I wasn't spending much at all up till this point but I didn't want to as thought my team was good enough, at this point my team is full of regens and were bought in on the cheap in hoping there would become world stars like my centre forward who was breaking records left right and centre, his best season came the year after I got champions league scoring 66 goals in all competitions, I didn't spend big until 2023/24, I spent 38 million and 32 million of that was a left winger from benfica named Michael Ritsch, anyway skip a few years again, my next break came in my previous season, 2024/25, I won the Europa league and finally the title after years of coming 2nd and 3rd, I also won the capital one cup in that year, my first major trophy came in 2023 as won capital one cup, I know it took a long time to finally win stuff, but very happy with this save, I also own a knew stadium although its currently being made bigger so sharing with Charlton but that's not a problem right now, thanks for reading and it may not be a success to some as took a long time, its a success to me as normally I quit a game after losing a few but stuck with Orient this time ;) Thank you for reading!

That 's great !! I really hope you won 't get bored and start a new save ! My goal is to continue playing my current A.C. Milan save till the next fm come up !!

Yeah me too, surprised really as normally I get bored after a while but for some reason just want to keep going, Good luck with AC Milan pal.

Champions League 2014/15 semifinal, first leg: just had the lamest victory ever XD ...and I wanted to share it with you because usually, as you know, is the AI which wins like this.
The goal came from a corner, lucky rebound on my striker John Guidetti. My keeper had a rating of 7,5.
I already know that they will rightfully crush me at Stamford Bridge, but I don't care...it's been already a miracle to get here with Feyenoord in 2nd season.

So let me say: AI, at least for one time...EAT ****!!!!

Champions League 2014/15 semifinal, first leg: just had the lamest victory ever XD ...and I wanted to share it with you because usually, as you know, is the AI which wins like this.
The goal came from a corner, lucky rebound on my striker John Guidetti. My keeper had a rating of 7,5.
I already know that they will rightfully crush me at Stamford Bridge, but I don't care...it's been already a miracle to get here with Feyenoord in 2nd season.

So let me say: AI, at least for one time...EAT ****!!!!

People complain, complain, complain about the ME ******** them over because they couldn't produce a good chance all game, but it goes both ways. Sometimes you are the team that gets them on the break a couple of times.

People complain, complain, complain about the ME ******** them over because they couldn't produce a good chance all game, but it goes both ways. Sometimes you are the team that gets them on the break a couple of times.
Well actually this was kinda the first time in like 7 seasons played so far (two careers)...

Well actually this was kinda the first time in like 7 seasons played so far (two careers)...

I've had it a couple of times which would explain why I am undefeated against Atletico Madrid in my Maribor save.

Starting season 5 with Hull City, a continuation of a "You Can't Win Anything with Kids" Challenge. The first season, I finished 8th in the EPL (ad won the Capital One Cup), and then I squeaked out a surprise 4th place finish in Season #2, although I didn't win a trophy that season. In Season #3, I won the Capital One Cup again (I never played a Premier League club during the run), and had a good season, finishing 2nd in the league, although I lost to Chelsea by 21 points (I only had 71, and finished above 5th by only 3 points ad some goal difference). However, I somehow won the Champions League, even though I ended up with the toughest group in the Group Stages ("Barfalona" and Dortmund). I finished top of the group, having won at Camp Nou 3-1, and beating Barca at home on a last minute strike (I drew both times with Dortmund, and they finished second). It was my first Champions League ever, an I did it with Hull! I had bit of a hiccup in the Champions League in Season #4, losing in the First Knockout Round (to Inter), and I lost at the first hurdle in my Capital One Cup defense, but I won everything else: The Community Shield, The European Super Cup, The Club World Cup, The FA Cup, and the Barclay's Premier League. After having won the Community Shield in Season #5, I now have 8 trophies. I've played over 3000 hours of Football Manager, and this is my best save ever so far, and I'm only in Season #5! I also finally got a son in the game, and he's a 4.5* Left Back...awesome.

Last edited:
A sign of the magnificent progress I have made with Maribor is this pair of coup signings.

View attachment 422833View attachment 422831

Saul joined in the January transfer window, should be a great player in my midfield for seasons to come
Sven Bender joins at the end of the season. He is getting up there in age at 30 but he will give me a season or two of good football and will act as a great tutor for my younger players.

Together they should help further raise my reputation and ability to attract even better players.

Biggest success so far...
got AC Oulu promoted to the Finnish Premier League - first season
overwhelming fave for the drop...

escaped relegation after being bottom for a long time and yet won the Finnish Cup, thus qualifying for Europa next year.. Yeah :D

My reserve squad just kicked out Ajax's first team from the Dutch cup! I swear I don't manage it myself, it's all Philippe Laux (my coach) credit.
Awesome :D

...even more awesome! :D :D :D

remember the year ajax almost had this? semi-final with ajax and ajax reserve. I think utrecht nocked 2nd team out in semi's. Nice work on this save bro, have been seeing more post of you about it. I am ajax fan but I appreciate a good Dutch save game... even if it is Feynoord :P

remember the year ajax almost had this? semi-final with ajax and ajax reserve. I think utrecht nocked 2nd team out in semi's. Nice work on this save bro, have been seeing more post of you about it. I am ajax fan but I appreciate a good Dutch save game... even if it is Feynoord :P
Cheers bro! I've just lost the Champions League final against Tottenham on my fourth season (and they won it twice in a row, being 6th in the League...just lol)

I won't give up! Shame the Eredivisie has become so boringly easy now.

Back