Last edited:
In my Athletic Bilbao story I won La Liga in the first season - quite an achievement methinks

2iqlmc0.png

After being sacked by Southampton and Sunderland, I joined Lyon in 11th place, taking them to 4th! Was wondering if anyone has knocked PSG off their perch? That's my goal before I move on to a new challenge!

In my second season as Athletic Bilbao, played Barca in the Spanish Cup...lost the first game at Nou Camp 3-0, so put my second string out in the return leg as I gave up hope of getting a result (vs their side which was mainly key players with a few fringe guys) and romped home 5-1 AET to go through. Baffling.

My first full season on FM14. I normally steer clear of managing Pompey as I hate taking the team apart, but I fancied the challenge of restoring some pride this year. Despite promising promotion, we languished in 11th/12th for most of the season, but went on a fantastic run over the last 15 games, culminating in this:

View attachment 452139

Just got this email in my inbox:

-----

Fans hail tactical genius

Norwich City boss Spleen McSpleen is being hailed a tactical genius by fans who have watched Norwich City put together a winning run, the latest result being Norwich's 2-0 Barclays Premier League victory over Nottm Forest.

McSpleen seems to have a golden touch when it comes to choosing the right tactics and The Canaries' football has often been a joy to watch.

-----

Shucks, you're too kind. Anyone know what conditions you have to meet for this message to appear? It can't just be the winning run as I've had longer ones and this is the first time I've ever seen this.

Playing the danish league, being manager for FC Copenhagen.

My first season in CL, is going quite well.

Up against,

Zenit, At. Madrid and FCP.

Just beat FCP and ended up winning my group

View attachment 451824

Promotion from SKRILL PREM

I dont usually boast on my successes on forums, however I was elated last night when I won on Penalties with Salisbury City against Wrexam in the Playyoff final!!! I was prepared for another season in the Skrill!

Cant wait for the new season in the football League! Has anyone any experience of keeping a Skrill team in L2 following promotion?

I lost half my team due to Contrat expirey and not having money to renew them! However there seems to be a lot of free players at a decent standard going about so looks like a rebuild on last season. Bit gutted as they got me up!!

I dont usually boast on my successes on forums, however I was elated last night when I won on Penalties with Salisbury City against Wrexam in the Playyoff final!!! I was prepared for another season in the Skrill!

Cant wait for the new season in the football League! Has anyone any experience of keeping a Skrill team in L2 following promotion?

I lost half my team due to Contrat expirey and not having money to renew them! However there seems to be a lot of free players at a decent standard going about so looks like a rebuild on last season. Bit gutted as they got me up!!
I got to the playoff finals with Cambridge in my first season in league 2 only to bottle it! Currently in my second season in league 2 and i'm doing much better, 9 points clear at the top after 20 games. One thing I would definitely recommend getting a long thrower, I got about 10 goals off them during the season which is a handy bonus. The guy I have on throws only has 14 long throws but got him to develop the bullet throw and it works very well.

These were my signings, I would recommend all of them apart from Mpenza who couldn't hit a barn door:
View attachment 451780

Good luck!