I got to the playoff finals with Cambridge in my first season in league 2 only to bottle it! Currently in my second season in league 2 and i'm doing much better, 9 points clear at the top after 20 games. One thing I would definitely recommend getting a long thrower, I got about 10 goals off them during the season which is a handy bonus. The guy I have on throws only has 14 long throws but got him to develop the bullet throw and it works very well.

These were my signings, I would recommend all of them apart from Mpenza who couldn't hit a barn door:
View attachment 425878

Good luck!

Thanks for that. Only just got to this thread and have already got all my new players in. Unfortunatly Salisbury has a very low rep and next to nothing wage budget. However apart from a couple of Donkeys they have done well. Like you I am sitting pretty in the play offs in first season of L2! Will let you know how I get on.

PS. Thanks for the long throw tip I will give it a go!

Just finished my season with birmingham.

1st season finished 6th

2nd season finished 1st

3rd season premier league finished 10th

4th season finished 4th

5th season finished 6th but won the champions league and Carling cup

Just in pre season for my 6th season!

My biggest success so far: Qualifying for the Champions League Group Stage with Maribor.

View attachment 449867
Punched my ticket with a big win at Dinamo. I would call it a display of excellent counter attacking football because that is how I set my team up, but those stats don't look like counter attacking at all.
View attachment 449866
Disappointed with the result in the second leg but it was still enough to put us in the group stage.
View attachment 449865
Why making the group stage is so important. Lots of money to be made this season.

Edit: Just got drawn in a group with Bayern Munich, Juventus, and Sporting Lisbon...

Last edited:
Just finished season four with Aston Villa. Never been them before but after 3 seasons of finishing 3rd we won the prem and champs league. Used the same attic for four years, one that I have perfected over the years on previous games. Top players for me Steven Caulker, Alvaro Morata, Quintero, Joe Allen and Leon Goertka.

View attachment 449391
My target was to win the EPL by 2020, I did it in 2019!

First season - Won League One
Second season - Won Championship
Third season - 7th in the EPL
Fourth season - 7th in the EPL
Fifth season - 4th in the EPL
Sixth season - 1st in the EPL :D

View attachment 449390

I also won the League Cup this season ..and.. I beat Barcelona 2-0 .. and then drew 1-1 in the Nou Camp to knock them out in the first knockout round.. only to lose to CSKA Moscow in the next round :(

View attachment 449389

Last edited:
Will try and get up screenshots at a later date but currently into my second season with my team Sunderland.

1st Season
League Cup: 2nd round (i think)
FA Cup: 3rd round (Barnsley beat me 2-1 in replay and walked all over me. They did manage to make it to semi final despite finishing 22nd)
League: 3rd :$
> Chelsea won the league, followed by Newcastle who finished 2 points clear of me. Managed to beat them 3-1 away from home in the penultimate game!

Transfers:
> Sold Seb Larsson for 5m to Cardiff, Ji Dong-Won for 5.5m & Carlos Cuellar for 250k both to Crystal Palace.
> Brought in Mohammed Diame for 3.5m, Ayite, Capuano (LB from Catania) and Palladino all came in on loan. Keisuke Honda arrived in January on a free along with Vicente Guaita for 3.4m from Valencia.

2nd Season
Currently at 10th January.

Lying in 3rd and there is around 4/5 points separating 1st and 6th!!

Transfers:
> Sold Altidore for 6.5m, got rid of others on a free/loan like Cattermole, Graham, Roberge etc. O'Shea although he was in the premier league team of the year was on 51k a week and with our finance being pretty poor he had to leave.
> Brought in Steven Caulker (?10.5m), Martin Kelly (5.5m) and Ola Toivenen (Free) who were my main signings. Brought in Marcos Alonso, Adnan Januzaj, Morgan Amalfitano and Romelu Lukaku (only 50% of wages needed :p) all in on loan.

Funds are getting really tight now with me having a budget of ?300k left and 15k in wages. Looking at just recruiting youths now.

Drew Benfica, Zenit and Marseille in champions league and won the group. Face Porto in 1st knockout stage

4-4-2 Control (Home):
GK: Guaita
RB: Kelly/Gardner
CB: Kelly/Diakite/Caulker (W.Brown also but poor)
LB: Colback/Alonso
RM: Giaccherrini/Amalfitano
CM (BWM-S): Cabral/Diame/A.N'Diaye
CM (DLP-D): K.Honda (D.Vaughan as back up)
LM: A.Johnson/Januzaj
ST: Lukaku, Fletcher, Toivonen

4-2DM-3-1 (Counter, Away):
2 DM: Diame/Cabral/N'Diaye
CM (DLP-S): K.Honda or (BBM-S) C.Gardner

Last edited:
Will try and get up screenshots at a later date but currently into my second season with my team Sunderland.

1st Season
League Cup: 2nd round (i think)
FA Cup: 3rd round (Barnsley beat me 2-1 in replay and walked all over me. They did manage to make it to semi final despite finishing 22nd)
League: 3rd :$
> Chelsea won the league, followed by Newcastle who finished 2 points clear of me. Managed to beat them 3-1 away from home in the penultimate game!

Transfers:
> Sold Seb Larsson for 5m to Cardiff, Ji Dong-Won for 5.5m & Carlos Cuellar for 250k both to Crystal Palace.
> Brought in Mohammed Diame for 3.5m, Ayite, Capuano (LB from Catania) and Palladino all came in on loan. Keisuke Honda arrived in January on a free along with Vicente Guaita for 3.4m from Valencia.

2nd Season
Currently at 10th January.

Lying in 3rd and there is around 4/5 points separating 1st and 6th!!

Transfers:
> Sold Altidore for 6.5m, got rid of others on a free/loan like Cattermole, Graham, Roberge etc. O'Shea although he was in the premier league team of the year was on 51k a week and with our finance being pretty poor he had to leave.
> Brought in Steven Caulker (?10.5m), Martin Kelly (5.5m) and Ola Toivenen (Free) who were my main signings. Brought in Marcos Alonso, Adnan Januzaj, Morgan Amalfitano and Romelu Lukaku (only 50% of wages needed :p) all in on loan.

Funds are getting really tight now with me having a budget of ?300k left and 15k in wages. Looking at just recruiting youths now.

Drew Benfica, Zenit and Marseille in champions league and won the group. Face Porto in 1st knockout stage

4-4-2 Control (Home):
CM (BWM-S): Cabral/Diame/A.N'Diaye
CM (DLP-D): K.Honda (D.Vaughan as back up)

4-2DM-3-1 (Counter, Away):
2 DM: Diame/Cabral/N'Diaye
CM (DLP-S): K.Honda or (BBM-S) C.Gardner

1) League at 10/01/15
2) League from 13/14 season
3) Signed for 80k from Colchester
4) Youth Academy player
5) Team of the Year 13/14
6) Transfers 2013/14
7) Transfers 2014/15

View attachment 449107View attachment 449106View attachment 449105View attachment 449104View attachment 449103View attachment 449102View attachment 449101

Manage to win my first trophy in fm 2014 with A.C. Milan in my second year ! Now I 'm gonna play to the final of the itallian cup so meaby I 'm gonna celebrate my first double ! Also managed to reach the semi finals of the champions league but did not manage to overcome Bayern Munich .

Finally won my first cup in my third season after various failed attempts (Darn you Newcastle!) as Middlesbrough by winning the Euro Cup. What made it sweeter was the absolute demolition of Stuttgart by a sweet score of 6-0, with my regen youth team striker scoring 4 goals all from open play. I could also laugh at Milosevic, who left me in the first season because Middlesbrough is too "small" a club.

Got 2nd in premier league after losing to Chelsea on goal difference, but was an achievement since every top team had star players that are offered astronomical salaries...and I have a pretty pathetic 650k wage budget. X_X. Hopefully, I can bring in another good AMR winger and actually get 1st for my 4th season. :)

What tactics did you use and who did you sign?

Just Ramirez and a youngster. My tactic's a 532 with remy and cisse leading the lines though i decided not to retain remy. I could also get rid of Ben arfa, Cabaye, coloccini and cisse himself sadly cos they aren't young and cisse's pretty frustrating to watch at times.

View attachment 448223View attachment 448222

Last edited:
Just won the league in my 2nd season as arsenal, beating tottenham by 1 point.
Also, won UCL against Chelsea..

was 2nd place in my group of death with Dortmund, Dinamo and Juventus. first round won against a russian club (forgot, it was a week ago.) , 2nd round against barcelona, 1-0 aggregate, Semi final with FCP, lost in away (4-3), then won the 2nd leg at home 2-0.

Then 1-0 against chelsea, where honda (subtitute to wilshere) headed the ball towards bernard on the 92nd minute, then bernard banged it, i was so freaking loud..LOL..

Lewandowski fires home 35 league goals/ 46 overall.

Sven Bender,Oxlade, Doria, Balanta, Bernard, Sczheny were my great performers..

Griezmann, Goretzka, Alex Sandro, Wilshere were the disappointment, probably will try to loan Goretzka and sell Griezmann for oxlade to play full time.

I just beat Madrid 6-0 with Barcelona currently first in la liga with only one game lost out of ten and Madrid is three points behind me