Post Your Successes

Won everything whit Chelsea, Champions League whit Southampton, WC whit croatia....

Bored of playing with my Man City squad (Torres, De Rossi, etc, won everything multiple times in 3 seasons), decided to start with a low league team and sort of "become a fan" of that team so it would be more exciting (read about this advice somewhere on the site, very worth it) and after starting unemployed (semi-professional past profession), accepted a job at Histon (Blue Square Premier club, England).

Managed to get them promoted in my first full season to League 2, and currently first with one game less than the second, just saw my team play possibly our best game ever, winning 8-0 against Luton.

Cheers!

In my first ever managerial season, I lead Bradford to a League 2 win. They had a severely limited transfer and wage budget, but I managed to get some real gems using my scouts. One of them is the league top scorer and two time player of the month while the other has won the award thrice. Both of them are supposed to be good enough for a Championship side!

I lost 3 of my last games because most of my star players were injured, but I had enough of a lead to tide through it and won the league by ONE point! :D

I will probably be managing Portsmouth next season. Luckily, they managed to stave off relegation, but they are in dire financial straits and hopefully I can lead them to some sort of glory.

U18s are amazing haha.

2vx0l5t.png

Got Nottingham Forest promoted in my first season, without signing anyone due to my severely small transfer budget. Got promptly relegated in my second season, brought em back up and after 2 consecutive 13th place finishes, and then an 8th placed finish, I grabbed 4th. Then I finished 3rd in my champions league group and went on from there to win the Europa League, beating Porto 3-0 away on the way there. Got 4th again that season. This season so far I'm challenging for the title but it's an impossible task because Man City have won all 13 of their games so far. Last season I was denied a double by them as they beat me 4-0 in the league cup final.

Just started my 6th year with liverpool and have won at least one trophy every season along the way.

09/10 - Won Premier League and FA cup and semi final finishes in the champions league and league cup with a tiny budget. I made cheap but solid signings with the small budget that I had.
Brought in: -
Jason Steele from Middlesborough for 475k
Mathias Jorgensen from FC Kobenhavn for 1.7 mill
Alexander Meier from Frankfurt for 5 mill

and the only first teamers I sold were Phillip Degen and Damien Plessis for a combined 4.1 mill.

10/11 - Bigger transfer budget after take over. Only won the premier league along with a fa cup final appearance with semi finals in champ league.
Also brought in some key fresh faces like hitzlsperger (free); defoe (16.5) and in january maxwell (6.5)

also got rid of some big names with the likes of Cavalieri (6.25 mill), Riera (10 mill) Aquiliani (6.5 mill) and Nemeth (5.5 mill) being sold, could be the main reason why I only came away with 1 trophy that year.

11/12 - Did the league and champions league double with another good run in the fa cup with a semi final finish.
Managed to bring in Van Der Vaart (4.5) Young (23.5) O'Dea (6.25) along with a first team promotion for Lauri Dalla Valle who made 17 appearances.
Only key sales this year was Benayoun (3.6) and lucas (4.8)

12/13 - Won the league yet again... along with league cup, super cup and community shield. Runners up in the world club championship and fa cup. But on a downside, early champions league exit :(

Biggest signing season though, Matuidi (18) Muniain (21) and in January I picked up Ozil for 18. Also saw three big exits too.. Van Der Vaart (8) Maxi (5) and Defoe (2.9)

13/14 - Cleaned up trophy wise. 5/5 Most successful season to date.
Best deal I have ever done on the game though is getting Gourcuff to the club on a free! This season also saw Defour arrive (16.25) along with Martin Olsson (3) and Gary Cahill (2.6). Sold N'gog (8.5) Maxwell (2) and Hitzlsperger (2.1) that year.

14/15 - Just about to start the season now, Managed to bring in Angel Di Maria and Guillermo Ochoa on frees whilst also Ive brought in Christian Eckstein (12.5) Gojko Kacar (20) and Alan Gatagov (17.5). Also offloaded Young (9) Kuyt (1) and O'Dea (3.6)

Sad I know, but it keeps me happy ;o)

Using a slightly modified version of the GoalsStorm V3 tactic. This is an away game! No bullshit or the corner bug, all genuine, beautiful goals. My best game in football manager! :D

252_Untitled_1.jpg

Squads...

145_Inter_v_Arsenal_17.jpg

It's still pretty early but I'm actually making a run at the 2004 arsenal 'invincibles' 49 consecutive games without defeat.
I already set new Arsenal records for most consecutive wins (20) and most games unbeaten (39). Will post if i do beat the record.

Ok, has anyone managed to promote a team without managint it? What i mean is , when you ask for a feeder club, you can send players there to help the players and the club. I had luck because i was with FC Porto 2 seasons (i am in Valencia now) in those 2 seasons i always sent players to Leeds United (my feeder team and a team i like in real life) to try to get them up.. what hapened: 1st season sent 3 players there, they went up to championship. 2nd season sent like 10 players to there they went up to premier league via play off and now they were bought by a scotish tycoon and they are rich and signing good players like Luisao (benfica, internatonal brazilian player) and other ones... It's stupid, but i feel like i did something awesome ahah :p

Has anyone won any major European trophies with teams from smaller nations or lower reputation leagues

Took Staines Town to league one after 6 seasons, now challenging for promotion to championship.

Has anyone won any major European trophies with teams from smaller nations or lower reputation leagues

I know my mate has won the champions league with gladbach. I'll be seeing him tomorrow so I'll get a screenshot from him and I'll stick it on here. I can't take any of the credit because I have already said I've only been liverpool :)

Champions League with Celtic, pretty low rep league. Screenshots in this thread somewhere.

Also look set to have another pop at it 2 years later. Was a bit worried about this semi beforehand, but it was a great performance in the first leg.

View attachment 98537

Took over Sevilla in April :) Managed to win Champions League vs Real Madrid in Final. 2-0 :) My striker scored in the 95th minute after not scoring for 20 hours :)

Don't often boast - but I did like my first match on my new career game. :D Started as big a database as I could get (124k players, plenty of leagues) with Sunday league rep and ended up with a part-time outfit in South Korea. Had a couple of weeks to try and bring in new players, but despite having a massive shortfall in my wage bill, am only allowed to offer a max of £50 p/w for new players. So only a couple added so far. First match was against Incheon who were 1-33 to beat me.

Very happy with this...

cheonanvincheon4.png

cheonanvincheon3.png

cheonanvincheon.png

cheonanvincheon2.png

simonwilliams.png

Absolutely nailed them :D

edit: hmmm can't get img tags to work. Odd stuff.
edit2: I hate imageshack >_>

Last edited:
Just smashed Arsenal's 49 league game unbeaten run. I'm still going too. So far I'm up to 55. Will post a screenshot when I finally lose.

-4 times in a row Champion of Belgium with Standard Liege managing to make the "Double" on 2 occasions.
-managed to make the "Double" (Championship and national Cup") with Galatasaray in first season.
-2 times in a row got myself on semi-finals in Europa League with Galatasaray (this year i only reached the first knockout round as Chelsea owned me 5-1 on aggregate ...)

Yea i know i can't compare with you guys, but hey im not managing big teams

Won the league title 13 times in a row with arsenal, champions league, super cup, world club championship and fa cup 9 times in a row, won 9 charity shields and 9 league cups and also won the world cup with england. Broke all the records for points, unbeaten games and goals etc.