Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K
A hugely inexperienced Chelsea XI went down 5-1 at Wycombe.

Jon-Paul Pittman was the star of the night at Adams Park as he scored a four-minute hat-trick.

Chelsea, whose seniors are about to depart on a trip to Germany, fielded a side in which Franco Di Santo and Scott Sinclair were the only familiar faces.

I wouldn't read too much into Spurs 4-1 drubbing -- they didn't start with a great team and made 10 subs. No Modric, King, Palacios, Bentley or Pav anywhere near the pitch. Nice to see Giovanni get a goal though :)

I wouldn't read too much into Spurs 4-1 drubbing -- they didn't start with a great team and made 10 subs. No Modric, King, Palacios, Bentley or Pav anywhere near the pitch. Nice to see Giovanni get a goal though :)
still a little worrying though. gio was quality though

I like Di Santo. Sinclair seems a bit of a wasted talent

i did like Di Santo when we first signed him, he was smashing them in for the reserves and looked pretty ok when he made sub appearences for the 1st team. but he went on loan to Blackburn last season and struggled to hold down a first team spot and only scored 1 goal to me his your poor mans Peter Crouch or Tore Andre Flo. I just don't think he is Chelsea standard and would't be suprised if he is sold or loaned back out.

i did like Di Santo when we first signed him, he was smashing them in for the reserves and looked pretty ok when he made sub appearences for the 1st team. but he went on loan to Blackburn last season and struggled to hold down a first team spot and only scored 1 goal to me his your poor mans Peter Crouch or Tore Andre Flo. I just don't think he is Chelsea standard and would't be suprised if he is sold or loaned back out.
He won't be sold after one poor season, but honestly when he played vs us at Blackburn, he done very well, held it very well, and he's only young. It would be silly if he was sold off, and he done very well to be considered for a first team spot at Blackburn when they had Kalinic

He won't be sold after one poor season, but honestly when he played vs us at Blackburn, he done very well, held it very well, and he's only young. It would be silly if he was sold off, and he done very well to be considered for a first team spot at Blackburn when they had Kalinic

i mean im just going by what i have seen from him so far this pre-season and he has been annonmous danny sturridge looks classes above him.

still a little worrying though. gio was quality though

Not really m8 -- we beat Roma 5-1 not so long ago (could've been 10-1). Needless to say, a few weeks later we sacked our manager after a terrible start to the season and Roma... did a lot better than we did, lol.

Group stages will do me this year, that would be a decent first attempt for us -- just hope it ain't the last. Gotta try and stay near the top of the prem above all else.

Last edited:
Not really m8 -- we beat Roma 5-1 not so long ago (could've been 10-1). Needless to say, a few weeks later we sacked our manager after a terrible start to the season and Roma... did a lot better than we did, lol.

Group stages will do me this year, that would be a decent first attempt for us -- just hope it ain't the last. Gotta try and stay near the top of the prem above all else.
lol yes fair enough then. god that was a bad season for you. having remember that ill retract my statement. but harry needs to buy a defender. maybe a forward too. but not scott parker, not now not ever.
also i think he needs change of shape, or at least apadt his 4-4-2 so its no so 4-4-2ish all the time, if that makes sense to you?

lol yes fair enough then. god that was a bad season for you. having remember that ill retract my statement. but harry needs to buy a defender. maybe a forward too. but not scott parker, not now not ever.
also i think he needs change of shape, or at least apadt his 4-4-2 so its no so 4-4-2ish all the time, if that makes sense to you?

Agrre with everything there -- if we were lucky enough to qualify and draw Real Madrid or someone I think they'd pick us to pieces if we played 4-4-2.

Definately need a top drawer defender and striker (just don't think there's enough goals in the likes of Crouch and Keane -- if he's staying?) and I've no idea why he was after Parker.

Di Santo wasn't great last season for us, although he did OK at the start of the season holds up the play fairly well but he was pretty terrible when one on one with the keeper. However he will always be remembered for his goal against Burnley. Also most of his appearances were playing as a loan striker which is never easy.

Agrre with everything there -- if we were lucky enough to qualify and draw Real Madrid or someone I think they'd pick us to pieces if we played 4-4-2.

Definately need a top drawer defender and striker (just don't think there's enough goals in the likes of Crouch and Keane -- if he's staying?) and I've no idea why he was after Parker.
the one think you lack is a powerful option up front, or at the very least a clever quick option, some who offers more than defoe. definitely need an defender whos played some CL footy as well. i'd be looking at the very team who just beat you, ie rossi and diego godin

United got beaten 3-2 by chivas.
Nani and smalling got our goals. Plus Hernandez scored against us in the half he played for chivas.

Benfica 4-1 Feyenoord
Smolov (spelling)
Cardozo
Cardozo
Felipe Menezes
R. Amorim

Back