Pre-Season Friendlies

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 342
  • Views Views 23K
We still have the likes of Villarreal, Benfica and Fiorentina to go in pre-season before our opener against City. I'm glad Harry has chosen challenging opponents, but c'mon! Those are some pretty fiesty teams for friendlies. 8-|

Benfica especially are worth recognition at the moment. I hope a few of our WC lads join up before that game.
they are cl quality teams, harry is having a look at how you fare, whether he needs to dip into the market again

Agreed. It's clear what old Harold is up to. He wants to see us in action against these supposed big guns, and get our weaknesses sorted out.

ALBUFEIRA SUMMER CUP

Benfica 2-0 Sunderland
Cardozo
Carlos Martins

I'm off to watch Vålerenga - Barcelona tomorrow. Should be good, even though they've hardly got any at all from the first team in the squad. It'll be cool to watch Muniesa, whom I've signed many a time on FM!

Barca squad:
Jose Manuel Pinto
Ruben Miño
Adriano
Armando Lozano
Benja Martinez
Bojan Krkic
Albert Dalmau
Edu Oriol
Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Ilie Sanchez
Jonathan Dos Santos
Jonathan Soriano
Seydou Keita
Marti Riverola
Maxwell
Gabriel Milito
Marc Muniesa
Manuel Agudo Durán "Nolito"
Sergi Gómez
Sergi Roberto
Cristian Tello
Victor Sánchez

Man utd beat the mls all stars 5-2.
Macheda x 2, Gibson, Cleverley, Hernandez.
Some good goals. :)

Man utd beat the mls all stars 5-2.
Macheda x 2, Gibson, Cleverley, Hernandez.
Some good goals. :)

Are the goals on youtube if there are have you got a link?

no worries found them Chicharito scored a beauty.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StFAKJa4PkI"]YouTube- Chicharito Manchester United Vs. MLS All-Stars - CHICHARITO DEBUT GOAL.[/ame]

Last edited:
Man Utd messed up MLS yesterday Tom Cleverly scored a beuty youngsters where impressive. Here is a better link featuring all the goals from yesterday or early morning today if you want ;)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbisUba0fhY"]YouTube- MLS All-Stars 2-5 Manchester United - Highlights (HD)[/ame]

good goals. the mls first goal - thats how to take an indirect freekick
chicaritos goals was very poacher like, well anticipated, classy finish, cleverlys goal was very well worked too

good goals. the mls first goal - thats how to take an indirect freekick
chicaritos goals was very poacher like, well anticipated, classy finish, cleverlys goal was very well worked too

yep who was in goal for us?

1st Macheda- Good finish and he is an excellent finisher.

2nd Macheda- I was very surprised to see us scoring from corner kick.

3rd Gibson- If it was scored by someone like Beckham, Ronaldo or any other overrated ****, everyone would have started bandwagon. Since it was scored by Gibson it hardly gets mentioned.

4th Cleverly - Excellent control, awarness and finish. He always gets into good positions and i want him to learn his trade at United rather than Loaning him.

5th Chicharito - Superb off the ball movement and good finish. He looks like scoring everytime i watch him. Always makes those runs which is nightmare for CBs. El Chi cha rito, chicharito, chicharito song was awesome. ;)

what do you mean no chance?
van der sar isnt the quickest of keepers, so when you bend a ball in like they did, coming in at the nearpost a header like that beats the keeper anytime,all it needs is a glancing touch

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

3rd Gibson- If it was scored by someone like Beckham, Ronaldo or any other overrated ****, everyone would have started bandwagon. Since it was scored by Gibson it hardly gets mentioned.

4th Cleverly - Excellent control, awarness and finish. He always gets into good positions and i want him to learn his trade at United rather than Loaning him.

5th Chicharito - Superb off the ball movement and good finish. He looks like scoring everytime i watch him. Always makes those runs which is nightmare for CBs. El Chi cha rito, chicharito, chicharito song was awesome. ;)
gibsons goal was top draw, similar to hargreaves against arsenal

Agree with you 100% Darron Gibson does he have what it takes to takeover paul scholes' place once he retres?

van der sar isnt the quickest of keepers, so when you bend a ball in like they did, coming in at the nearpost a header like that beats the keeper anytime,all it needs is a glancing touch

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

gibsons goal was top draw, similar to hargreaves against arsenal

oh yeah now i understand edwin's got one season left at united right? we really need to search for a new keeper

Agree with you 100% Darron Gibson does he have what it takes to takeover paul scholes' place once he retres?
No. Not even close. The only thing he can replace is goals.

No. Not even close. The only thing he can replace is goals.

yeah thats what i meant Gibson hasnt got that touch that Scholsy has but interms of goals gibson is right up there i cant really think of a real candidate to take scholes spot and perform at the level that scholes played throughout his career

we've gone horribly off topic now lol. but no he cant. but there are very very few players who can replace someone like scholes. last you'll hear from me on this now (A)

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

spurs just got sliced apart by villareal. guiseppe rossi had a brilliant game

The alarm bells will certainly be ringing ahead of CL qualification, Rossi FTW.
definitley, when you consider the calibre of the teams he's played, it was obvious he had chosen champions-esque teams to see how they would fare in CL, and the answer so far is not that great. some good stuff in there for a while though

Last edited:
Back