im actually favourite for league 2 actually, with Walsall. Base tactic i win, away tactic i concede - i know how to use your tactics mate, been using them since forever!

Btw... mate if you judge about strength of the team by media prediction then it can be often misleading because the media prediction is based on team's reputation and not on its "real" strength.

For example, let's take Barcelona... this club has 1st media prediction and if you sell all its key players like Messi, Neymar, Suarez and other and it still will be having 1st media prediction because club reputation didn't change.

Your reputation and media prediction are based on your achievements in previous season and it doesn't take into consideration the "real" strength of your team.

There's often can be paradox when you have team with average CA about mid table level but the same time you can have 1st media prediction because you are greatly overarching with very average players you have... so as you can see "media prediction" tells nothing.

ATTACKING VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V3

The filters, PPMs and players' profiles at the OP have been updated to suite the new version.

CHANGES:
- changed the role and PIs of STCL
- tweaked the attacking corner setup

DOWNLOAD THE TACTIC -->TFF PREDATOR (ATTACK) V3
DOWNLOAD THE MIRROR VERSION -->TFF PREDATOR (ATTACK MIRROR) V3

YSoPxG7.png
MpPFcfz.png

THE TOOLTIP OF WASTE TIME VERSION HAS BEEN UPDATED AND ADDED THIS TIP:

"If your right full back doesn't have "Accomplished/Natural" rating for WBR position then move him down to DR position."
bump

The 1st season, default teams.

Barcelona, Predicted 1st (The best club in the league)
The average CA of its best 18 players = 165

View attachment 249789

Celta, Precited 10th (The mid table club in the league)
The average CA of its best 18 players = 135

View attachment 249788

Cordoba, predicted 20th (The weakest club in the league)
The average CA of its best 18 players = 125

View attachment 249787

bump

Last edited:
Testing: QPR first season

I just decided to start a new save with QPR (predicted 17th) - and I have to say that I'm about getting big problems:

View attachment 249794View attachment 249792

The premier league is very hard to play - I know that I did't play many games so far but it's not that easy as in the Bundesliga. I will play the whole season to see what I'm able to do with an underdog team.

My transfers:

View attachment 249790

I bought Luis Hernandez because of the long-flat-throws.

fmrte is Football manager real time editor yes? ok ive got that, so how do i get them screens u had up showing the CA of all the players? if i want to see a CA of the players at the moment, i need to go in as if im gonna edit them and look at the CA myself individually

I just decided to start a new save with QPR (predicted 17th) - and I have to say that I'm about getting big problems:

Yes, such leagues as EPL and La Liga are very competitive and they have the highest reputation between leagues.

In many other less competitive leagues it's possible to win the league with mid/bottom teams but in EPL or La Liga it will be extremely hard to do that.

But anyway these tactics will make you greatly overachieving with any team. I was able to easily finish in top 5 with such team as Leicester(pred 20) and Crystal Palace(19th).

Last edited:
fmrte is Football manager real time editor yes? ok ive got that, so how do i get them screens u had up showing the CA of all the players? if i want to see a CA of the players at the moment, i need to go in as if im gonna edit them and look at the CA myself individually

View attachment 249775

1) Push the "Load" button.

2) Enter your team's name.

3) Click on your team in the list.

4) Click on the tab with your team's name.

and it will open your team then in the tab with your team click on "Teams" and will show your team. You can sort all your players by CA.

View attachment 249774

Last edited:
Yes, such leagues as EPL and La Liga are very competitive and they have the highest reputation between leagues.

In many other less competitive leagues it's possible to win the league with mid/bottom teams but in EPL or La Liga it will be extremely hard to do that.

But anyway these tactics will make you greatly overachieving with any team. I was able to easily finish in top 5 with such team as Leicester(pred 20) and Crustal Palave(19th).

Well, the beginning of the season was a little bit hard (as always) - but now I was able to win a few games:

View attachment 249773 View attachment 249772

My aim is to finish top 5 :). I will make some transfers after the first half.

Update: QPR - half a season played // predicted to be 17th

At the beginning of the season I was a little bit wondering because of the first few games - I had a really bad start. But now things changed completely:

View attachment 249711 View attachment 249710

I have to say it again: AMAZING!

All the games were played with the Base Version (V1).

Why would u use Kone instead of Lukaku? And wouldn't be better to put Mirallas on right because of his good weak foot?

Because F9 does a lot of dribbling and passing during the match and Lukaku has Dribbling -12, First Touch – 12 and Agility - 10 and such awfully low level for these attributes means that he will be constantly tackled during his dribbling attempts and lose the ball… and if you want that your F9 were good at dribbling then you should look for player who has Dribbling, First Touch, Agility, Flair, Acceleration 16+ and Pace 14+ but as you can see Lukaku is far away from these levels and he never reach them.

Also he has only Passing – 10 , Technique – 12, Vision - 11 and such awfully low level for these attributes means he won't be able to use opportunity to assist to his teammates because he doesn’t have enough "Technique" to make "Killer Balls" passes to them and if you want that your F9 were able to make such passes then you should look for player who has Technique 16+, Passing 15+, Vision 15+ .

As you can see Lukaku is absolutely useless as F9... he can't dribble and he can't pass...

Kone is far away from perfection too but anyway he is better than Lukaku as F9 at least he can dribble. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know what to say,this tactic...i can't say that isn't good,but simply doesn't work for me...
I had completet season 1 with a different tactic,the boards game me a lot of mony so i invested it !
****** youngsters ! My squad is young,but very good !
Tactic is fully fluid ! Def.Positioning all the games !
ML is right footed,MR is left footed.I have the "best" False 9's :Barbosa and Munir .
All my fullbacks,all 4 posses "Long flat throw-in" PPM
In the games when i used Predator v1 ,DL taked left corners/throw-ins,and DR taked right corners/throw-ins
In the games with Attacking v3,DL taked both sided corners and throw-ins.
I've used the OI's from OP .
Can someone tell me why isn't working ? :)
Cheers !View attachment 894400View attachment 894403View attachment 894406

Can you share your save? I want to try.

Update: QPR - end of the first season // media prediction 17th

Hey, I just finished my first season with QPR. My personal aim was to finish top five - and yes, we reached that aim :)

View attachment 249591 View attachment 249590View attachment 249589

I'm very happy with that result - top 3 of the league and won capital one cup! I don't know if I will go for another season - the board just gives me a transfer budget of about 3 million - let's see ig I can work with that :)

EDIT: I decided to use the LFCMarshall Update to start a new save game in the Bundesliga with FC Ingolstadt (predicted to be 17th of 18). :). Had to end the QPR save because they didn't want to gave me some more budget.

Last edited:
Hey, I just finished my first season with QPR. My personal aim was to finish top five - and yes, we reached that aim :)

View attachment 895210 View attachment 895213View attachment 895215

I'm very happy with that result - top 3 of the league and won capital one cup! I don't know if I will go for another season - the board just gives me a transfer budget of about 3 million - let's see ig I can work with that :)

EDIT: I decided to use the LFCMarshall Update to start a new save game in the Bundesliga with FC Ingolstadt (predicted to be 17th of 18). :). Had to end the QPR save because they didn't want to gave me some more budget.
If you wait till all your loans end and contracts are up you should get a sizeable budget adjusting wages etc

Heh... Guys, I haven't used "Long Flat Throw" PPM before in my saves because I always believed that it's possible to achieve "acceptable" consistence without it but recently a crazy stuff happened in my Middlesbrough save which made me reconsider my view. (6)

I had 4 matches in row and the summary statistic for these 4 matches was looking like that:

My team had: 126 Shots, 13 Clear Cuts Chances, 15 Half Chances and scored only 1 goal!

My opponents had: 20 Shots, 2 Clear Cuts Chances, 0 Half Chances and scored 4 goals!

As you can see my team had 28 scoring chances and scored only 1 goal and my opponents had only 2 scoring chances and scored 4 goals. (6)

So I lost 2 matches and draw 2 matches because my team used only 3% of scoring chances and my opponents used 200% of their scoring chances... (6)

Is this tactic bad? Nope! Just look at the statistic you simple can't wish for more! Your team creates a ton of scoring chances and not allow your opponents to create scoring chances! But ME is just too random when it comes to using of scoring chances... as you can see my team used only 3% of its scoring chances and my opponents used 200% of their scoring chances and you can't do nothing about it... my players had very good "Morale" in all matches and they have really good attributes to score goals...

Ehhh... I really consider to start use "Long Flat Throw" PPM because without it the game is too frustrating. :)

Here you can see the statistic of those 4 matches... it's jus insane: :S

View attachment 249499 View attachment 249498

View attachment 249497 View attachment 249496

Last edited:
Heh... Guys, I haven't used "Long Flat Throw" PPM before in my saves because I always believed that it's possible to achieve "acceptable" consistence without it but recently a crazy stuff happened in my Middlesbrough save which made me reconsider my view. (6)

I had 4 matches in row and the summary statistic for these 4 matches was looking like that:

My team had: 126 Shots, 13 Clear Cuts Chances, 15 Half Chances and scored only 1 goal!

My opponents had: 20 Shots, 2 Clear Cuts Chances, 0 Half Chances and scored 4 goals!

As you can see my team had 28 scoring chances and scored only 1 goal and my opponents had only 2 scoring chances and scored 4 goals. (6)

So I lost 2 matches and draw 2 matches because my team used only 3% of scoring chances and my opponents used 200% of their scoring chances... (6)

Is this tactic bad? Nope! Just look at the statistic you simple can't wish for more! Your team creates a ton of scoring chances and not allow your opponents to create scoring chances! But ME is just too random when it comes to using of scoring chances... as you can see my team used only 3% of its scoring chances and my opponents used 200% of their scoring chances and you can't do nothing about it... my players had very good "Morale" in all matches and they have really good attributes to score goals...

Ehhh... I really consider to start use "Long Flat Throw" PPM because without it the game is too frustrating. :)

Here you can see the statistic of those 4 matches... it's jus insane: :S

View attachment 895413 View attachment 895416

View attachment 895419 View attachment 895422
Not sure if it's the standard of my coaches, but in my Walsall save in league 2, I'm struggling to get them trained in long throw they keep on failing to Learn it

Back