TotalFootballFan9 : Struggling to get good results. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Do you have time to look quickly over my savegame? Maybe it's my team that is not good enough. Struggling to find good players too.

what team are you? are you using manual marking? do use oi?

Post it here

Mate, I've looked into your save and saw your inability to determine the quality of players.

You bring to the club players which are weaker then already have or they are the worst you can get.

You need to be a very experienced FM player in order to determine the quality of players only by looking at their attributes(I'm talking about their approximate CA) but if you aren't such experienced FM player then I recommend you to start using 3rd party programs such as FMRTE or FM Scout.

There 3rd party programs will give you ability to see the real strength of players(their CA) and what's more important you will be able to look at the strength of other teams in the league and it help to find out where your team stands by players' strength and how much you need to improve your team in order to achieve your target.

Know that the players I have brought in are not good enough, see them as backups. Struggling to find good enough players. Maybe I need to use FM Scout, although I see it as cheating.

Thanks for the advice :)

Know that the players I have brought in are not good enough, see them as backups. Struggling to find good enough players. Maybe I need to use FM Scout, although I see it as cheating.

Thanks for the advice :)

Kristian, look... This is the strongest team in your league, as you can see it has 70 - 90 CA players.
View attachment 239532

This is the average team in your league, as you can see it has 70 - 80 CA players.
View attachment 239531

And this is your team, as you can see it has 40 - 60 CA players and it's much weaker even then the average team in your league.
View attachment 239530

You need understand that every tactic has its limits how much it can help you overachieve with the players you have and if you want comfortable win your league then start to bring at least 75 CA players to your club to be on par at least with average teams in your league.

Last edited:
Okei, Will do. Which countries should I have in my savegame in order to find the right players? This is the first time I try to play in a non-league.

Okei, Will do. Which countries should I have in my savegame in order to find the right players? This is the first time I try to play in a non-league.

At such low level you should rely on loans from the higher domestic divisions and good bargains inside your league/higher divisions.

It's pointless to have any non-EU countries active because the players from these non-EU countries won't get work permit on such low level.

You can active the lower leagues of the major EU countries(Spain, German, Italy, France, Holland, Portugal) which have similar reputation with your current league but honestly, it will only slow down the game pace and you should do just fine only rely on loans from the higher domestic divisions and good bargains inside your league/higher divisions.

Okey :) I will take your advice and see if it helps :)

Last edited:
Tried it moore than that, but I didn't save it. Had to test if it's was the tactc that was better with better teams. I also have tried this tacic on another save. But I'm guessing it's only me which is bad to find players at this level.

Tried it moore than that, but I didn't save it. Had to test if it's was the tactc that was better with better teams. I also have tried this tacic on another save. But I'm guessing it's only me which is bad to find players at this level.

Mate, you should agree that the fact you used this tactic only for 1 match in your current season is anecdotal.:) Please don't do like that anymore because it's inappropriate. :)

Anyway it isn't such important because you saw that your team is weaker than the weakest team in the league and in this case you just can't expect to win the league with "eyes closed" but you can expect to finish somewhere top of the table and even get a promotion through the play-offs and if you failure to get promotion through the play-off then you should be able at least to strength your team for the next season.

As you saw the mid table teams in your current league have average CA 75 and when your team reaches such CA(at least your team will be on par with the middle table teams) then you can expect to win the league without problem and you don't need to be the strongest team in the league in order to do that. ;)

Also my advise set the corners takes as recommend at the OP, it will give additional goals from "Short Corner".

Last edited:
Back