Prepared: The Aston Villa Guide

good stuff mate as for quite in depth thats what makes it so good mate

great guide, but how do u get agbonlahor to stop playing with his back to goal ??/

I skimmed through it and it looks reall impressivealthough it may be neater to break the playercatgories into sub-categories like

Full Backs

Defensive Mids

Attacking Mids

Thought about that, but it hardly seems worth it in the end.

great guide, but how do u get agbonlahor to stop playing with his back to goal ??/

Retrain him using the Private Chat function.

Finished my 2nd season, finished 2nd behind Arsenal which I'm delighted with, improving on last seasons remarkable results. Despite leading the title race for much of the season, the team once again fell at the final hurdle, results dropping off horribly during the final 10 games. I'm left pondering what would have been if it weren't for shock defeats to Middlesbrough and Wolves :(

Young has been phenomenal, leading the assists table with 22, 6 ahead of Arshavin. He was also voted Player of the Year. Gabby had a wonderful season too, coming 2nd in the goal scoring competition, 1 behind Rooney with 27 goals, 30 in all competitions. My only complaint is he can be very inconsistent. :/

Going to take a break from Villa and decide how best to utilise my midfield of Poli, NRC and Ireland/Delph, with Hamsik possibly coming in.

Also, Boca Juniors have offered me the job after Maradonna failed horribly, it's tempting since I've never managed in the Argentinian leagues. The United and Madrid jobs also very insecure, but I think I'd prefer to have my United save from scratch, for obvious reasons. :)

Finished my 2nd season, finished 2nd behind Arsenal which I'm delighted with, improving on last seasons remarkable results. Despite leading the title race for much of the season, the team once again fell at the final hurdle, results dropping off horribly during the final 10 games. I'm left pondering what would have been if it weren't for shock defeats to Middlesbrough and Wolves :(

Young has been phenomenal, leading the assists table with 22, 6 ahead of Arshavin. He was also voted Player of the Year. Gabby had a wonderful season too, coming 2nd in the goal scoring competition, 1 behind Rooney with 27 goals, 30 in all competitions. My only complaint is he can be very inconsistent. :/

Going to take a break from Villa and decide how best to utilise my midfield of Poli, NRC and Ireland/Delph, with Hamsik possibly coming in.

Also, Boca Juniors have offered me the job after Maradonna failed horribly, it's tempting since I've never managed in the Argentinian leagues. The United and Madrid jobs also very insecure, but I think I'd prefer to have my United save from scratch, for obvious reasons. :)

Joel, Can you upload your tactic.I wanna try :)

Joel, Can you upload your tactic.I wanna try :)

Sure, here it is: http://www.filefront.com/17754186/Box to box 4-2-1-2-1 (Aston Villa, Jul 2011).tac

Let me know how you get on, would love to know how it works out for others.

Make sure your AML, AMR and ST are all very quick, and have a good passer of the ball in DLP, preferably with the PPM to try long range passes, then other usuals you'd expect from a playmaker.

Enjoy!

After a few seasons dicking around in the Brazilian leagues, I've decided to go back to Villa Park and start a new file. Cleared out my backline, have brought in Neto, Jonathan, Lee Wallace, Leandro Damiao, Paulo Henrique, Madjid Bougherra and Toby Alderwiereld. Key point is the last two, both ball-playing defenders. I want to try with a high DF line (both are quite quick, helpfully) with Neto as a sweeper-keeper, playing possession-based controlled football. Should be interesting.

After a few seasons dicking around in the Brazilian leagues, I've decided to go back to Villa Park and start a new file. Cleared out my backline, have brought in Neto, Jonathan, Lee Wallace, Leandro Damiao, Paulo Henrique, Madjid Bougherra and Toby Alderwiereld. Key point is the last two, both ball-playing defenders. I want to try with a high DF line (both are quite quick, helpfully) with Neto as a sweeper-keeper, playing possession-based controlled football. Should be interesting.

Nice signings, especially Paulo Henrique and Alderweireld. What formation are you playing, sticking with 4-2-3-1? I take it Ganso is your play maker, what happened with Ireland?

--

So far this season I've brought in Gibbs and Rodwell. Rodwell is mainly going to be a ball playing CB alongside Ranocchia, although it's a huge benefit that he provides excellent cover for CDM and CM too. I'm considering buying Hamsik and then a cheapish target man to provide an alternative style of play up front. Thinking about playing Elia as an inside forward on the right too, so I could possibly sign an attacking right back to provide width down that side.

And after your samba adventure, at least you can bring some Brazilian flair to the Midlands! So far I'm bringing in Alex Sandro from your short list, looks like an excellent, cheap young left back. Cheers for that. ^^)

Nice signings, especially Paulo Henrique and Alderweireld. What formation are you playing, sticking with 4-2-3-1? I take it Ganso is your play maker, what happened with Ireland?

Ireland's on loan to Atletico, with an option to buy for 5.75 mil. Sticking with a 4-2-3-1, it's what I know best.

So far this season I've brought in Gibbs and Rodwell. Rodwell is mainly going to be a ball playing CB alongside Ranocchia, although it's a huge benefit that he provides excellent cover for CDM and CM too. I'm considering buying Hamsik and then a cheapish target man to provide an alternative style of play up front. Thinking about playing Elia as an inside forward on the right too, so I could possibly sign an attacking right back to provide width down that side.

Good buys, especially Rodwell. He turns into an absolute beast, glad you're playing him in the role he should be playing in RL as well. You could try Leandro Damiano as a target man, just realised he has a release clause of about 5 mil.

And after your samba adventure, at least you can bring some Brazilian flair to the Midlands! So far I'm bringing in Alex Sandro from your short list, looks like an excellent, cheap young left back. Cheers for that. ^^)

Haha yeah gone a bit overboard on Brazilians. Lucas has just turned up as well, and I've got Neuton and Juan coming on frees halfway through the season as their contracts expire.

I'm probably going to bring in a few back-up CB's, Dunne isn't getting any younger and gets out performed by my others, he also has massive wages to not be a regular in the team. Cuellar has been excellent, but again, he's 31 in my save now so will be on the look out for a young player to take over from him. Clark is out on loan and I'm unsure about Collins.

I did want Damiano but they've changed his release clause to £31m now in my save :( I'll just stick with Wickham and hope he shows some development now.

And I hope I can get a deal like that for Ireland >.<

EDIT: Woo, got the England job. Want to play 4-2-3-1, but that means leaving out either Gabby or Rooney :( Back to 4-4-2 I think. I've noticed Dzeko isn't signing a contract either, and I can sign him for free in 6 months. So tempting given his quality, and the lethality I imagine of a Gabby/Dzeko partnership.

EDIT 2: Signed Hamsik for £20m, I've given him a mammoth contract - £95k p/w and over £5m in signing on fees, but there's simply no one else I can bring in that has his qualities, and I see him as the final piece of the jigsaw. Time to clear out some golden oldies and replace with cheaper younger players. Trying to keep wages at £1m to maintain stability, the board also love me keeping £300k under budget :)

Last edited:
Sure, here it is: http://www.filefront.com/17754186/Box to box 4-2-1-2-1 (Aston Villa, Jul 2011).tac

Let me know how you get on, would love to know how it works out for others.

Make sure your AML, AMR and ST are all very quick, and have a good passer of the ball in DLP, preferably with the PPM to try long range passes, then other usuals you'd expect from a playmaker.

Enjoy!

Thanks for your uploaded. Now,I'm testing your tactic but I have one question. Do you use counter strategy on starting every match ? :)

Thanks for your uploaded. Now,I'm testing your tactic but I have one question. Do you use counter strategy on starting every match ? :)

I used counter in my first season, by the second season I had a more established attacking threat so I switched it to control for most home games, and stuck with counter for harder games. Some CL games, Chelsea, Arsenal etc.

Brilliant guide GodCubed. Big thanks for posting this up.

Just a few things I've found while using it (Patch 11.2):

Everton love Sidwell and Collins. I managed to a straight swap for Jack Rodwell. £45,000 a week off the wage bill, and an amazing prospect :D

If you don't want McAllister as your ***. Manager; Terry McDermot from Huddlesfield is a good replacement (and only wants £1000 a week as well ^-^)

Staff:
I had trouble getting alot of the staff you mentioned, so here's some alternatives:

Angel Vales - £2.2k p/w 4 Star Tactis, Shooting, Ball Control [Free Agent]
Robert Prosinecki - £850 p/w 4 Star Shooting and Ball Control [Free Agent]
Paul Winsper - £1.3k p/w 5 Str Fitness Coach [Free Agent]
John Keeley - £1.3k p/w 4.5 Star GK Coach [Portsmouth]
Jim Blyth - £1.7k p/w 4.5 Star GK Coach [Free Agent]
Marcel Lucassen - £2.9k p/w 4.5 Star Ball Control, 4 Star Shooting [Hoffenhiem?]

Also, thanks for the tactic Joel` seems awesome so far :D

Last edited:
Sidwell and Collins for Rodwell? That's daylight robbery! Rodwell is a top player and will fit in nicely, I had to cough up £14m for him. >.<

Nice to know my tactic is helping, how far into the season are you?

Hamsik has been absolutely brilliant in pre-season, and just hit 2 goals and an assist at the Britannia on his debut, fantastic. Really feel like he was the missing piece to the jigsaw already :) I prefer Delph as back-up to Hamsik in the role he plays, desperate to get Ireland off the wage bill but I can't get anyone to take him >.< Dunne is also 33 and declining and eating up £55,000 p/w, he even said he wants to leave but wouldn't accept 5 clubs' offers, even when he's listed..

Keep us updated on your progress mate, I'll post up some screenies later maybe.

Brilliant guide GodCubed. Big thanks for posting this up.

Just a few things I've found while using it (Patch 11.2):

Everton love Sidwell and Collins. I managed to a straight swap for Jack Rodwell. £45,000 a week off the wage bill, and an amazing prospect :D

If you don't want McAllister as your ***. Manager; Terry McDermot from Huddlesfield is a good replacement (and only wants £1000 a week as well ^-^)

Staff:
I had trouble getting alot of the staff you mentioned, so here's some alternatives:

Angel Vales - £2.2k p/w 4 Star Tactis, Shooting, Ball Control [Free Agent]
Robert Prosinecki - £850 p/w 4 Star Shooting and Ball Control [Free Agent]
Paul Winsper - £1.3k p/w 5 Str Fitness Coach [Free Agent]
John Keeley - £1.3k p/w 4.5 Star GK Coach [Portsmouth]
Jim Blyth - £1.7k p/w 4.5 Star GK Coach [Free Agent]
Marcel Lucassen - £2.9k p/w 4.5 Star Ball Control, 4 Star Shooting [Hoffenhiem?]

Also, thanks for the tactic Joel` seems awesome so far :D

Terry McDermot is indeed class on the game.

http://img59.imageshack.us/i/stokevastonvillainforma.png/

- Made a storming start to the season, and what a debut for Hamsik!

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/westhamvastonvillastats.png/

- Hamsik picks up where he left off with yet another brilliant performance. :wub: 9 goals from two away games, not bad!

http://img408.imageshack.us/i/polandvenglandinformati.png/

- A comprehensive victory in my first England match, Young scores his first ever goal for his country with a delightful chip <3

http://img341.imageshack.us/i/astonvillavmancityinfor.png/

- Thrashing Man City, Delfouenso makes it 8 goals from 5 games.

http://img810.imageshack.us/i/englishpremierdivisioniw.png/

- League table, speaks for itself. Can only pray this level can be maintained for the season rather than dropping off at the end.

http://img80.imageshack.us/i/astonvillatransfershist.png/

- Transfers. Been thinking about signing Hamsik for a while; Warnock hasn't been too impressive, Gibbs is a superb young English talent with a lot of pace. Bargain at £6m in my opinion. ^^)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3489/astonvillaastonvillatac.png

- Player form. It's hard to pick out the best performers, everyone is doing so well, I'm quite shocked by how well they are doing. Young, Hamsik and Delfouenso have all been fantastic, Elia has begun to make the right wing his own, tying the assists chart with Young. Poli and Rodwell have been amazing in midfield, and Rannochia has been an absolute rock at the back.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 AM ----------

Best. Result. Ever.

Not only beating Barcelona, but outplaying them too. And ****** ****, Connor Wickham; comes off the bench in the 82nd minute after Delfouenso squandered multiple chances, only to score the winner and his first ever goal for the club. XD

Loving this so much atm <3

I've just reached 24th October (9 games into the season) and hold two remarkable records.

1. I'm the only unbeaten team in the league, but I'm 2nd behind Man Utd (6 wins 3 Draws for me and 7 Wins 1 Draw and 1 Loss for Man Utd)

2. I haven't had an out and out striker put the ball in the back of the net so far. Gabby, Fonz and Griffith have been distinctly average. Thankfully Richard Dunne has stepped up and netted 8 in 9 games.

Transfers:
IN:
Alex Smithies - £600k
David Hoilett - Loan to Buy (let him return to Blackburn due to picking up an injury)
Leigh Griffith - £425k
Jack Rodwell - p/x
Michael Chretien - £4.5m
Miralem Sulejmani - Loan to Buy
Anthony Annan - £3.1m
Milian Badelj - £3.6m
Dennis Appiah - £1.7m
Kevin Long - £1.4m
Kiko - Loan to buy

OUT:
John Carew - £2.9m
Habib Beye - £1m
Emile Heskey - £1m (Went to Everton along with...)
James Collins - p/x
Steve Sidwell - p/x
Isiah Osbourne - £725k
Elliot Parish - Loan
Nathan Baker - Loan
Shane Lowry - Loan
I've had some great results so far this season, Beating Chelsea 3-1 at Villa Park then 5 days later beating Juventus 1-0 away. Unfortunatly, I did get knocked out of the League Cup by Man City (so far my only loss in management)

Gabby and the Fonz failing you? Weird, they're both lethal for me! Richard Dunne with 8 in 9?!

Sidwell and Collins for Rodwell? That's one **** of a deal :D

Jan Transfers:
In:
Gai Assulin - Free
Connor Wickham - £3.7m
Steven N'Zonzi - £1.1m
Lukman Haruna - £8.0m

Out:
Stephen Ireland - £8.5m

Two games left of the season, and players have started scoring (hooray!) Ash has got 11, with 20(!) assists Griffith has got 6, Albrighton and Fonz have both got 4.

Highest Rated player is Ashley Young, who's up for player of the season.

I'm doing this now because the table is so tight I'm a little terrified:

Pos| |Points|GD
1st| Man City | 79 |+47
2nd| Liverpool | 74 |+48
3rd| Arsenal | 71 |+52
4th| Villa | 71 |+27
5th| Man Utd | 70 |+40

The worst thing? My last two matches are Arsenal at home and Man Utd Away T-T