Pro Evo 2008

Figured out a few new skills with Ronaldo, animations are nice for them. Anyone figured out shirt pulling yet?

Same with Ronaldo, scored a great goal with Brazil's Ronaldo aswell. really starting to get the hang of it now

PC demo is on the way yes. Konami confirmed that the PC demo will be available early this week (Monday - Tuesday).

Last edited:
I've just played about 8 games on FIFA 08 for the PC and I'm absolutely disgusted. Worst football game I've ever played, Konami can rerelease ISS2 and I'd play that over this pile of garbage. Only two good things about the entire game, the through balls are completely user controlled and the switching men with the analog stick is swish but apart from that you get as much satisfaction from playing the game as you would from sticking it on amateur and letting the computer play against the computer.

Yeh I played a few games on FIFA (after some people told me it was awesome) and it was awwwwful. But I have to admit the thing where you could just play around with a one-on-one with Ronaldinho during loading times etc.. was a nice touch. If only Konami had of thought of it first :(

fifa is absolutely the worst game ive played on since, well since ever. i like the ronaldinho 1 on 1 though. played on that bit more than the actualy match itself

Yeh same here. I spent more time on the Ronaldinho thing as well.

FIFA pwns PES. But then again, Ive been playing FIFA for a loooooong time back to the Megadrive so I suppose thats why I prefer it.

Im also a stickler for LICENSED teams. I just couldnt play a game with London Reds, Manchester Blues etc. And in the first PES (I think) you had Butatista playing for Argentina which was just too funny. Put me off for life.

FIFA pwns PES. But then again, Ive been playing FIFA for a loooooong time back to the Megadrive so I suppose thats why I prefer it.

I used to love the FIFA's on the Megadrive, scoring from kickoff indoor was easy as ****. I also played FIFA on the PSX but when the PS2 was released FIFA just didn't do it for me anymore.

Im also a stickler for LICENSED teams. I just couldnt play a game with London Reds, Manchester Blues etc. And in the first PES (I think) you had Butatista playing for Argentina which was just too funny. Put me off for life.

PES offered (for my opinion) a better football experience, I wasn't bothered about real team and player names as long as the gameplay was fun. I can edit names, I can't edit FIFA's engine.

PES offered (for my opinion) a better football experience, I wasn't bothered about real team and player names as long as the gameplay was fun. I can edit names, I can't edit FIFA's engine.

I did actually love the first PES to be fair, but I bought PES 3 for the Xbox and for some reason it just didnt do it for me - maybe because I was **** at it. FIFA for me just has a better feel, although I will admit PES does have some smooth gameplay.

I am a lot happier now after seeing the Xbox 360 achievements though.
As the achievements on PES6 sucked *** as they were more about winning the crappy leagues and cups which nobody even likes doing. Whereas the new ones have things more to do with scoring goals, keeping clean sheets etc.. etc..

Would have been nice to see some Master League releated ones though.

Also the Ultimate Player achievement sounds like its going to be so gay if I want to do it as this time the only achievement you get for winning ALL the leagues is 100 points, wow :yuck:

"Achieved when you have played 500 matches, scored 1000 goals and have won all leagues and cups."

I seriously cannot wait for this game to come out, I have finally gotten bored of PES6. I reckon I will try and finish my last master league season and that will be me done with it.

I just got my £900 grant so it looks like a PS3 and a copy of PES 2008 will be on it's way to me soon. :D

Nah, I'll have to wait untill next year to get one of those. :(

Pfff, just use your PC monitor. Every one of them has HDMI inputs these days.

Yeh Lee just use your PC monitor if you ever want to play it in HD. I use my crappy 15" dell TFT one with a VGA input and its not too shabby, not what I would call HD but its better than using a normal 15" tv.

are pc monitors hd? am i being a n00b?

Only if they have a HDMI input. But they will still generally have better resolution than most normal tv's as most TV resolutions are only like 600 x whatever whereas on your monitor you can probably have 1024 x 768 minimum.