Hi which version should we use when the opposition plays like the formation
480765d1390775923t-%2A%2A%2Afootball-manager-14-tactical-thread%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2Ajassar%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-untitled.png

I'm just not getting results with this. I dominate possession, but a simple switch of flanks leaves their man in on goal and my fullback no where to be seen. Too leaky for me. Sorry, I'll keep on looking for a tactic that works when players don't all have 12+ for stats

put simply the best tactic for FM 14. Awesome. You've made me love the game again mate :) thank you so much.

I totally agree. For me, its being the best tactics system I've been experiencing in this patch. For now, 3 matches, 3 wins in the first 3 matches of the league with Sporting CP. 3-0 vs Olhanense, 5-2 vs Estoril and 3-0 Porto at home! This last was an awesome result, and my team played extremely good looking football, controlling the whole match since the 2-0, when I put the Wasting Time version. I never expected starting this way the season! Congratulations TFF, and thank you very much. I'll keep updating my feedback ;)

Don't be scared to use the " time waste tactic ", if im 2-0 up at halftime against a really difficult team i use the time waste tactic, i just untick the waste time and play defensive until 70min then i use waste time.

Playing as spurs against bayern munich second season I was 2-0 up at half time, switched to time waste and won 6-0!! 2 signings made at end of the first season

First season i used the normal tactic, without the High defensive line and came 2nd and was excellent, currently 2nd season and using the higher defensive line and results been kind of shaky, will continue with it and see how it goes but atm i'm not too sure.

Difficult to see the reasoning behind the " away " tactic, say if i'm liverpool against manchester united and i'm away, using this super high defensive line they can get through very easily with some creative players e.g. mata/kagawa.

Also I faced a side playing 4-3-1-2 last night. Started thge Game using 'B', we weren't very good. Swicthed to 'A' and we won the game.

So if anyone comes up against 4-3-1-2 I think A works better.

Unless TFF9 has tested more and found that 'B' is better, like I said that was only one game and it was a home match.

Sorry to re-ask this TFF9, which filter should I use for the CM/DLP in the 'B' tactic??

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry to re-ask this TFF9, which filter should I use for the CM/DLP in the 'B' tactic??

Thanks.

To have different sets of players for each version isn't reliable approach so there's in no point of making different filters for each version.

You have to use the same players for *A* and *B* versions.

Attributes requirements for MCR(CM) position in *A* version suite to attributes requirements for MCL(DPL) position in *B* version.

Attributes requirements for AMCR(AP) position in *A* version suite to attributes requirements for MCR(AP) position in *B* version, maybe it would be nice if this guy has a bit higher Work Rate, Teamwork – about 13 and Positioning about 11 for *B* version.

Last edited:
To have different sets of players for each version isn't reliable approach so there's in no point of making different filters for each version.

You have to use the same players for *A* and *B* versions.

Attributes requirements for MCR(CM) position in *A* version suite to attributes requirements for MCL(DPL) position in *B* version.

Attributes requirements for AMCR(AP) position in *A* version suite to attributes requirements for MCR(AP) position in *B* version, maybe it would be nice if this guy has a bit higher Work Rate, Teamwork – about 13 and Positioning about 11 for *B* version.

Thanks bud!

First, thank you for posting this tactic. I've been using this it for about half a season now with Arsenal. My team has high possession and generates a lot of chances, but consistently fail to convert most of them. I will get 5-6 CCC's a game and be lucky to score 1 goal. It seems the opponent puts 11 men in the box and it makes it really hard to find an opening.

It works much better against bigger teams that don't park the bus but when I'm a big favorite maybe I need to tweak it and play wider?

Back