Thank you Charlie, for your advice :) I will look it up.

Also: TFF, you got email!:)

OK so we just scalped the top of the league side 2-1 away from home using V3. Nice!

Also I've had media comments saying that we are one of the most proficient tackling and passing sides in the league. Another bonus.
SS would be helpful mate

I will write up team talk guide tomorrow, if is anybody interested.

I'm sure it would great help to someone who don't familiar with it at all. When you more familiar to to it you'll find that It really isn't that hard most of time the same phrases all the time and you almost guaranty have positive "green" reaction for players, especially in half time.

You can create new thread for more visibility as people do for corners setups or similar stuff.

SS would be helpful mate

SS of the result and the press questions bud:

dvtZVXI.png

WdyYh7H.png

ZbEvLUY.png

Had been using V2 since the first Hayes & Yeading 3-0 home match, V3 since the Gosport 1-1 away

Whitehawk were top when we beat them.

Thank you Charlie, for your advice :) I will look it up.

Also: TFF, you got email!:)

Mate, I received your game save and looked into it. Don't you mind if I comment it here? Because it can be helpful to someone else.

There's nothing new for me, exactly the same picture that I've seen in other people saves who struggle.

Most common complaint: "I've got strongest team! Why I don't win?"

But when I check this "strongest" team usually it's very average team. Average CA of players is about 130-140 and CA budged of most players is awfully spent, this mean, for example, that Work Rate and Teamwork for MCL and DM can be less than 10 and Technique for DL and DR is less than 7, it's just ridiculous.

For example, the worst team by media prediction in EPL is Crystal Palace and average CA of its players about 130 and the best team by media prediction is Man Utd, average CA of Man Utd is about 163!

I understand that it can be hard to evaluate quality of players for less experienced players, especially decide which attributes are most import for positions and worth CA investing and in order to make this process more easy there's attribute recommendations for every positions you can find it in opening post.

Also there're side programs such as FMRTE and FMScout which can help you to learn evaluate players quality.

Also all recommendations about Match Training usually are ignored, I don't understand why people thinks that it isn't important? I've seen that people even don't bother to change it from "Tactics Only" to something useful and play all season with "Tactic Only".

Last edited:
image.jpg

Just look on this guys, he is your main DR. I wouldn't have this guy even for free and you are going to conquer the world with this guy.

Technique - 7! OMG!
Passing - 7!
Dribbling - 7!
Composure - 6!
First Touch - 6!
Creativity - 5!
Flair - 5!

I can't look without tears on attributes of half of your players. I wonder how you even managed to win something. Mate, I strongly recommend you to check attributes recommendation for positions. It will give clear understanding how "strong" your team is.

Why the guy who play MCL position (Manuel Fernandes) has Work Rate – 10, Positioning – 10, Marking – 8, Tackling – 5? These attributes are most important for this position and he has lowest level for it.

P.S. Mate, if you are going to dominate Serie A then get average CA of players at least 150, and what is much more important CA budget of players must be spend as close as possible follow attributes recommendations for positions.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Just look on this guys, he is your main DR. I wouldn't have this guy even for free and you are going to conquer the world with this guy.

Technique - 7! OMG!
Passing - 7!
Dribbling - 7!
Composure - 6!
First Touch - 6!
Creativity - 5!
Flair - 5!

I can't look without tears on attributes of half of your players. I wonder how you even managed to win something. Mate, I strongly recommend you to check attributes recommendation for positions. It will give clear understanding how "strong" your team is.

Why the guy who play MCL position (Manuel Fernandes) has Work Rate – 10, Positioning – 10, Marking – 8, Tackling – 5? These attributes are most important for this position and he has lowest level for it.

P.S. Mate, if you are going to dominate Serie A then get average CA of players at least 150, and what is much more important CA budget of players must be spend as close as possible follow attributes recommendations for positions.

Can you tell me what are the most important attributes for the Shadow Striker?

I'm having a lot of trouble to score goals. I dominated EVERY game, but they don't score.
Look at this, against the last of my championship:
View attachment 389724

And against Man Utd. 20 shots and only 2 on goal ...
View attachment 389723

It's always like this, it's annoying :\
I'm using V3.

Last edited:
Can you tell me what are the most important attributes for the Shadow Striker?

Mate, there're attributes recommendations for every position at opening post and you need only quick look to get understanding which attributes are most important for position.

It's always like this, it's annoying :\

Sporting_CP_Portimonense_Estat.png

Muhahaha...XD Mate, I agree it's insane but I’m afraid the only what I can do is give you virtual hug ;)

Like i told yesterday, here is my team talk.

Prematch:

Say nothing, just press continue.

Half time:

Losing/Drawing:
Be aggresive, that you are very unhappy no matter who is your opponent. Although if you have many chances but you cant score, option that "they were unlucky" would be welcome...specially against stronger opponents.

Winning: If you are up to 3 goals, say on calm or assertive "dont get complacent", but everything above 3 goals, say nothing.

Full match:

Say on calm that you are happy with performance, when is a big win. But when is poor performance against weak team, but you still win, say on calm, that they willl need to be much better against stronger oppositon. If you lose with poor performance, off course agressive that "you are very unhappy with performance". Like already said, if they were the better team, but lost, say that "they were unlucky tonight."

Individual talk: You have faith to most of your players and expect performance on your key players. Praise them after excelent display with rating over 8.0. If you see, that form dropped(3+ matches on the row under 6.8), warn them that "they must be much better to stay in the team" to experienced and key players. To youngsters be more conservative and say "try to pick up in next few matches."
Note: Sometimes you get negative reaction, when you say at half time "dont get complacent", but it doesnt matter, if your team stay focused and win the match. If you are in poor run, make team meeting.

Cheers!

Hi again,
I really appreciate your comments about my team. Of course you are right, I realize that
I rely too much of the FM genie scouting tool. If a player have, say, 75% in average ability
I'm thinking "wow, great player!" without really checking his best stats for his position.

I will use your critisism in a good way, time to throw out the garbage and rebuild the squad :)

Thx

For me personaly i prefer the V1. Using A and B version, depending on what tactic you are facing. I also like to mix it up ingame if the first half isnt great i can switch or use the time wasting. With some minor tweaks i like the way my team play.
Thanks again TFF, i like the V1 the most!
After testing this i would recomend a leftback with speed and stamina, a strong MC with good passing, and a rightwinger with speed and creativity.

View attachment 389640

Plugged in and played V3 just after the Palace defeat, amazing attacking football and solid at the back (without the tactic anywhere near fluid yet). This is how they say the dogs bollocks!!

yes but

I do understand your critisism against Manuel Fernandes. His attributes are not good enough for his position.
However, when it comes to my fullback (right) the game lists other skills than the ones you pointed out;flair, creativity, technique and so on... So what is correct? I hope you understand what I mean, English is not my first language

I do understand your critisism against Manuel Fernandes. His attributes are not good enough for his position.
However, when it comes to my fullback (right) the game lists other skills than the ones you pointed out;flair, creativity, technique and so on... So what is correct? I hope you understand what I mean, English is not my first language

Mate, just ignore what game says about attributes for positions and what your ***. Manager says, also never follow ***. Manager recommendation about PPMs and others stuff he recommended. Cancel all PPM’s training he recommended. There're atributes recommendation for every position you can find it at opening post.

For example, look how Technique attribute works.

Let's say player has maximum number for Technique - 20. This means that he capable of doing 100% of the stuff what ME allow to do for player, if he has Technique attribute about 16 then he is capable to do 80% of the stuff that ME allow to do, if he has Technique about 11 then he cable to do only 55% of the stuff, if he has Technique 7 than only 35% of the stuff.

Any pass or movement requires minimal level of Technique for it.

For example, your Right Full Back has the ball and opposition player is going to close down him and in order to avoid tackling your Right Full Back need to make pass to your Midfielder but in order to make this pass he need technique about 14 but he only has 11 and this means that he will be tackled or just clear the ball to nowhere and as result you lost possesion.

Another example, let's say your playmaker has the ball and there's excellent opportunity to make through ball to striker for one-on-one but in order to make this pass he need Technique 16 but he only has 14 so this means no through to striker and no one-on-one clear cut for your striker.

One more example, your striker has one-on-one opportunity and there's only way to score to make cheap shot but in order to cheap this shot it requires for striker to have 17 Technique but he only has 13, so this mean no cheap shot and no goal for you.

Sure, this explanation is very simplified but it can give understanding how things work and how Technique can be important.

Last edited:
Mate, just ignore what game says about attributes for positions and what your ***. Manager says, also never follow ***. Manager recommendation about PPMs and others stuff he recommended. Cancel all PPM’s training he recommended. There're atributes recommendation for every position you can find it at opening post.

For example, look how Technique attribute works.

Let's say player has maximum number for Technique - 20. This means that he capable of doing 100% of the stuff what ME allow to do for player, if he has Technique attribute about 16 then he is capable to do 80% of the stuff that ME allow to do, if he has Technique about 11 then he cable to do only 55% of the stuff, if he has Technique 7 than only 35% of the stuff.

Any pass or movement requires minimal level of Technique for it.

For example, your Right Full Back has the ball and opposition player is going to close down him and in order to avoid tackling your Right Full Back need to make pass to your Midfielder but in order to make this pass he need technique about 14 but he only has 11 and this means that he will be tackled or just clear the ball to nowhere and as result you lost possesion.

Another example, let's say your playmaker has the ball and there's excellent opportunity to make through ball to striker for one-on-one but in order to make this pass he need Technique 16 but he only has 14 so this means no through to striker and no one-on-one clear cut for your striker.

One more example, your striker has one-on-one opportunity and there's only way to score to make cheap shot but in order to cheap this shot it requires for striker to have 17 Technique but he only has 13, so this mean no cheap shot and no goal for you.

Sure, this explanation is very simplified but it can give understanding how things work and how Technique can be important.

wow, I never know this.

Thanks for a very good explanation, this is truly an Eye-opener. The last 2 hours i have thrown out players, changed positions
( I cannot Believe my 32 year old former captain Edgar Barreto is 10 times better in the MC position!) and already starting to get
better results.
2 players with better technique and passing(Barreto and Rafinha) in the team has made my top striker producing goals again :)

Next season will be a blast (crossing fingers), I have already made a signing for the summer, using your filters, for a very good central midfielder.

Back