Yeah, he is right footed, but honda is left footed(playmaker), poli and kaka(shadow striker) are right footed...SES weaker foot is quite strong tho.

PS: I have montolivo and bertolacci for MC position, so i have to compromise.

like I said pal if its working then **** hot...
I was just saying how I'd play it with them.
poli as dlp el sharway would be ss for me with his pace or on right wing kaka Honda as playmaker as there not as pacey. but I font entirely know the Milan squad tbf mate. so you can only play with what u got

p.s forgot montilivo was there aswell. lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

like I said pal if its working then **** hot...
I was just saying how I'd play it with them.
poli as dlp el sharway would be ss for me with his pace or on right wing kaka Honda as playmaker as there not as pacey. but I font entirely know the Milan squad tbf mate. so you can only play with what u got

Meh..winger require speed...kaka? That would be bad, he is ridiculously slow...I don't see that is pace key for AMs tho...I prefer technical attributes.

Go to bed now.

Putting so emphasis in players does not make the tactic be less important?

I mean, everyone says that any tactic is good for Barca because their players are so good, it does not make the difference. Saying that only the best suit this tactics does not make the same?

Im not saying that the tactic is bad, just saying that the FB from Palermo is a good defender. Getting those attributes more higher would make him as good as Dani Alves and not all teams can have players like that, don't you think?

Having a start player for the role is great, but having less quality players should be interesting for smaller teams to accomplish greatness!

FB from Palermo is a good defender. Getting those attributes more higher would make him as good as Dani Alves and not all teams can have players like that, don't you think?
I disagree. For example, I think that Jack Hunt will perform better even he has much lower CA and he cost much cheaper than Jonathan Silva

Two players can have identical CA but one can perform much better because his CA budget is spent much better.

In this tactic it requires from full backs contribute a lot to attack and you really don’t want that they have Dribbling, Technique, Passsing less than 13.

Jack_Hunt.jpg

Last edited:
I disagree. For example, I think that Jack Hunt will perform better even he has much lower CA and he cost much cheaper.

Two players can have identical CA but one can perform much better because his CA budget is spent much better.

In this tactic it requires from full backs contribute a lot to attack and you really don’t want that they have Dribbling, Technique, Passsing less than 13.

Jack_Hunt.jpg

I agree, but inside the game, you don't know CA and PA. You only have stars rating to help you, and even those are set on your team.

You will need a 3rd party program to know that. Don't you have another way of knowing what players can have more progression?

Again, just trying to help, you have done a great work here TFF!

Oh, that darned Ya Chunt. I wanted him in the beginning in my game, now he is a hero in Napoli. Love his name though.

I agree, but inside the game, you don't know CA and PA.
It really isn't that hard to tell approximate CA of player without any 3rd party program and difference in stars between CA and PA can give you understanding about his PA. Having all these information I with certainty can tell that these attributes will never reach recommended level.

Hmm. I really never understood the stars.

For example, my Young central defender (Spendlhofer) was bought from Inter without looking at any 3rd party programs. He had got 4.5 stars and I
had high hopes for him. Later, I started to use ge Genie scout program and it confirmed he was destined to be great. In a few years he Went from a rating at 68 to 76, potential of 80. In the game he fell from the 4.5 stars to 3.5. So, does he suck or is he great?

His average rating says he rawks.

Some of your explanations of what means each attribute are ok but some others don't. If you like I could help you with that.

Goodness gracious. I had to create an account to say this...

I was dreading this game against Chelsea (their squad was understandably amazing).
Anyway, I spent about 20 minutes cross-checking and ordering my starting lineup in accordance with TFF's player attributes in the OP.

Well, this happened...
View attachment 389355 (using v3)

I mean I know it's a home game, but still. It's Chelsea.

I guess the moral of the story is: believe in TFF, follow the OP to the letter, don't abide by what the game says about player roles, etc. Take the time to check your players' attributes, make the right signings using TFF's filters if you must.
...And if you do, you too can penetrate Chelsea's defensive line in the ***.

I might keep you updated, I might not. I probably will.

I never used FMRTE in any edition to figure out CA and PA. Why would even want to waste time with this, if you have guys, that do for you. Why to complicate simple things.

Check it out this website:

Football Manager 2014 Wonderkids

You simply check area, that you want strengthen...no matter, how big club you are. According to money and you club you chose what you want to buy.

They made rating system:

81+ All time elite
78-80 Top player for 1st divison team
75-77 Back up player for top team
72-74 Top player for 2nd division team
71- Top player for 3rd division team and lower

I recommend players with at least 78 rating...yeah you need good players, but this is obviously, any tactic need good players, but not stars like barca, real etc....like mourinho said in the past:

"For good omelette you need quality eggs."

I never used FMRTE in any edition to figure out CA and PA. Why would even want to waste time with this, if you have guys, that do for you. Why to complicate simple things.

You simply check area, that you want strengthen...no matter, how big club you are. According to money and you club you chose what you want to buy.

They made rating system:

81+ All time elite
78-80 Top player for 1st divison team
75-77 Back up player for top team
72-74 Top player for 2nd division team
71- Top player for 3rd division team and lower

I recommend players with at least 78 rating...yeah you need good players, but this is obviously, any tactic need good players, but not stars like barca, real etc....like mourinho said in the past:

"For good omelette you need quality eggs."

Thank you, I used this list alot in the beginning of my game. For instance, if you check the wonder kids for DL positon, the second best ranked player is Jonathan Silva, AKA Mr Awful, for this tactic ;) My Point being, you need very specific players to use this tactic if even one of the best wonder kids is not good enough.

Diavolo, I would recommend you be very caution with this guide because very often it can be very misleading.

For example, let's take Strikers... This guy gives Adam Campbell, Yassine Benzia, Wesley Said rating 80+ "All-time elite" but all these players have Random Potential Range 145 - 180, also they have random range of Professional and Ambition 1-20.

This means that when new game created their potential can be as low as 145 and as high as 180, also their Ambition and Professional can be as low as 1 and as high as 20.

This also means that all these guys can be full **** in your save.

Also if player has big Potential this doesn't mean nothing because if he has Professional and Ambition less than 10, his improving rate will so slow that after few season he only gets +1 point to few attributes.

Also it's important to understand that player can have insanely high potential but combination of his Professional, Ambitions and Determination can be such that he won't get any single point increase to his attributes after full season.

if you check the wonder kids for DL positon, the second best ranked player is Jonathan Silva, AKA Mr Awful, for this tactic ;)
Skaata, the only what this guide does it rate players potential but I showed how often it can wrong for some players. Also this guide give you no clue how players from this guide will perform in this tactic.

Last edited:
Diavolo, I would recommend you be very caution with this guide because very often it can be very misleading.

For example, let's take Strikers... This guy gives Adam Campbell Adam, Yassine Benzia, Wesley Said 80+ rating "All-time elite" but all these players have Random Potential Range 145 - 180, also they have random range of Professional and Ambition 1-20.

This means that when new game created their potential can be as low as 145 and as high as 180, also their Ambition and Professional can be as low as 1 and as high as 20.

Also if player has big Potential this doesn't mean nothing because if he has Professional and Ambition less than 10, his improving rate will so slow that after few season he only gets +1 point to few attributes.

I also look for determanation in a youngster... 15+ I like personally

I also look for determanation in a youngster... 15+ I like personally

Determination plays no part whatsoever in player development. I only found that out on FM13, I thought before that it played a huge role in player development :D

For example, let's take Strikers... This guy gives Adam Campbell, Yassine Benzia, Wesley Said rating 80+ "All-time elite" but all these players have Random Potential Range 145 - 180, also they have random range of Professional and Ambition 1-20.

Also it's important to understand that player can have insanely high potential but combination of his Professional, Ambitions and Determination can be such that he won't get any single point increase to his attributes after full season.

Look, i always look at attributes like determination, team work and work rate-most important for each position...if you think logically, if is someone working hard player, will be most likely ambition and professional player.

So, i dont have to look in genie scout...if somone doesnt develop, like i would want to, i can sell him, so big deal.

Genie scout is way of cheat...should be removed from FM.

You can check it out my recommended players and i can gurantee you, that all players have high rating in ambition and/or professional area.

Last edited:
Guys, although everyone appreciates advice...I do feel you need to be careful posting things on the OP's thread if it contradicts whats they're saying. I'm not saying you're wrong, but you can open up your own thread to post your own advice and this thread should be for this tactic and, on the main point, to the OP's own descretion. TFF has put a **** of a lot of work into this and I feel it's more out of respect to keeping the information on here as true to his original idea...Thing's are getting confusing and how you personally determine how players are good isn't really related to this thread

Look, i always look at attributes like determination, team work and work rate-most important for each position...if you think logically, if is someone working hard player, will be most likely ambition and professional player.
Ehh… No… Teamwork and Work Rate has no connection with Professional and Ambition.

Here's excellent guide with can give you understanding about level of player Professional and Ambition without 3rd party program.

This guide based on Player's Personality and Mdia Handling. - The Ultimate Personality/Media Handling Guide

Nocuous, did just a great job!

Guide1.png

Guide2.png

Last edited:
Ehh… No… Teamwork and Work Rate has no connection with Professional and Ambition.

Here's excellent guide with can give you understanding about level of player Professional and Ambition without 3rd party program.

This guide based on Player's Personality and Mdia Handling. - The Ultimate Personality/Media Handling Guide

You can check personality of player easily in "information" tab...my full squad is ambitious, professional or determined, i gues that is good enough (H)

Maybe you are right about those things, but it seems that i know what i am doing.

Back