Forgive me if I've missed something, but you emphasise that you use OI but I can't find these detailed anywhere in this thread? Unless they're somehow included in the tactic but from first glance there is zilch? Really looking forward to giving this a go!

Edit: Found answer on Page 10ish of this thread. They're built in. I didn't know that was even possible, I'm a rookie!

Last edited:
more feedback on this tactic.

first of all, this tactic has been very successful for me so far. It does a tremendous job putting pressure on any opponent both home and away and as a result my team regularly dominates ball possession, gets more shots than opponents and wins tons of corners.

We score a good number of goals (equally shared between the 4 attackers), though it seems to me they're more result of all the pressure and the attacking mindset of the tactic rather than clean, scoring chances built from possession - mostly poorly cleared crosses or fumbles in the penalty area - which btw is quite realistic. Left wingback and right winger are simply unstoppable and regularly beat their man and create danger on the flanks - RW also gets quite a few scoring chances for himself though struggles to finish.

Defensively this tactic is very solid: opponents usually don't have many chances as their possession is often very limited. We seem to allow a few through balls behind defenders and passes in the space, which VERY rarely results in goals conceded as it seems to me the ME has a strong dislike for that type of chances (e.g. striker has a clear path to goal but slow down as the defender recover and blocks shot; or striker runs too wide and has a terrible angle to shoot etc). Really we only seem to concede when keeper or defenders make a glaring mistake and hand the ball to the opponents for an open goal.

I'd say my DLP (Yttergard Jenssen), LWB (Haidara), AP, RW and DLF (Rafinha) are the best performers of a very efficient squad. SS is the only one I'm not particularly happy with as he doesn't score/move/assist much, though he's a useful part of team pressing and collective attacking mentality.

All in all the most efficient tactic I've experienced in 14.3. My only personal 'complaint' is it doesn't seem to favor an established, designated goal scorer (though I guess it's the spirit of the tactic); and as I said above I can't seem to get the best out of the SS (whom I feel could be a much more effective scoring threat). So any advice to address this tiny issues I have would be helpful :)

Fantastic job and thanks for the tactic!

Hi TFF, Been using all your tactics a lot on this game now. Done some pretty amazing stuff and this tactic has been particularly fantastic. Started a wolves game recently and easily managed to get to championship and now currently top of the league. But one thing i am noticing, and this is including my other game where i am Inter, that once the ball is lost in the oppositions half, the counter attack speed is frankly ridiculous and ends up in a goal almost 9 times out of 10. Its not the players as i have used all the guidelines as required. Was wondering if you had encountered such problems or whether its the ME etc. Any input would be appreciated because this gets really annoying really fast.

more feedback on this tactic.

first of all, this tactic has been very successful for me so far. It does a tremendous job putting pressure on any opponent both home and away and as a result my team regularly dominates ball possession, gets more shots than opponents and wins tons of corners.

We score a good number of goals (equally shared between the 4 attackers), though it seems to me they're more result of all the pressure and the attacking mindset of the tactic rather than clean, scoring chances built from possession - mostly poorly cleared crosses or fumbles in the penalty area - which btw is quite realistic. Left wingback and right winger are simply unstoppable and regularly beat their man and create danger on the flanks - RW also gets quite a few scoring chances for himself though struggles to finish.

Defensively this tactic is very solid: opponents usually don't have many chances as their possession is often very limited. We seem to allow a few through balls behind defenders and passes in the space, which VERY rarely results in goals conceded as it seems to me the ME has a strong dislike for that type of chances (e.g. striker has a clear path to goal but slow down as the defender recover and blocks shot; or striker runs too wide and has a terrible angle to shoot etc). Really we only seem to concede when keeper or defenders make a glaring mistake and hand the ball to the opponents for an open goal.

I'd say my DLP (Yttergard Jenssen), LWB (Haidara), AP, RW and DLF (Rafinha) are the best performers of a very efficient squad. SS is the only one I'm not particularly happy with as he doesn't score/move/assist much, though he's a useful part of team pressing and collective attacking mentality.

All in all the most efficient tactic I've experienced in 14.3. My only personal 'complaint' is it doesn't seem to favor an established, designated goal scorer (though I guess it's the spirit of the tactic); and as I said above I can't seem to get the best out of the SS (whom I feel could be a much more effective scoring threat). So any advice to address this tiny issues I have would be helpful :)

I have to agree with all, but mostly with the SS attacking production, which is very poor, comparing to all the others.

Any ideas to make him more prolific?

I'm Boreham Wood in League 2 and although I do like this tactic I do find myself sometimes on the end of 3 or 4 goal thumpings. Simple over the top and their striker is in with a mile of space around him. Is this just a product of the not so great league i'm in?

I have to agree with all, but mostly with the SS attacking production, which is very poor, comparing to all the others.

Seeing how the tactic plays, with all the passers/playmakers (DLP, LWB, WR, AP, DLF) I was picturing the SS to be a more effective scoring threat with his movement and runs off the ball but strangely it doesn't seem to happen.

Maybe the pressing and marking duties are a bit of a limitation for a player who should pose a threat off the ball? Maybe 'roam from position' and 'move into channels' instructions would let the SS play more freely? Or certain PPM (eg beat offside, get into area) might help?

Not sure really, and usually what makes sense for me doesn't make sense for ME.

I'm Boreham Wood in League 2 and although I do like this tactic I do find myself sometimes on the end of 3 or 4 goal thumpings. Simple over the top and their striker is in with a mile of space around him. Is this just a product of the not so great league i'm in?

Check the speed of your defenders. If they have 9 and the striker has 15....

Seeing how the tactic plays, with all the passers/playmakers (DLP, LWB, WR, AP, DLF) I was picturing the SS to be a more effective scoring threat with his movement and runs off the ball but strangely it doesn't seem to happen.

Maybe the pressing and marking duties are a bit of a limitation for a player who should pose a threat off the ball? Maybe 'roam from position' and 'move into channels' instructions would let the SS play more freely? Or certain PPM (eg beat offside, get into area) might help?

Not sure really, and usually what makes sense for me doesn't make sense for ME.

I will try to tweak the player instructions, just for attack purposes, and will feed back later

Check the speed of your defenders. If they have 9 and the striker has 15....

Next game i'm 5-0 up at half time lol. This game never fails to amaze me. I just wish every single player wasn't unhappy with the training for some unknown reason known only to the FM gods.

Hi TFF, Been using all your tactics a lot on this game now. Done some pretty amazing stuff and this tactic has been particularly fantastic.
Hey,

Thanks for the feedback, mate, glad to hear it works good for you.

the counter attack speed is frankly ridiculous and ends up in a goal almost 9 times out of 10. Any input would be appreciated
Heh… counter attack is always dangerous and this why it's called counter attack ;) but statistic you tell about seems a little bit harsh for me. ;) I'm afraid so far it's best what can do about balance between defense and attack in this tactic.

Thanks, Mate.

I said above I can't seem to get the best out of the SS (whom I feel could be a much more effective scoring threat). So any advice to address this tiny issues I have would be helpful :)

Guys, the main idea is to make whole tactic play efficient and not individual positions.

Under current ME the only way for Strikers and AMs to get high rating is scoring goals and gets assists. ME just don't recognize other useful job they do such as their involvement in attacking build-up play and "off the ball" movement which drag defenders attention and gives their team mates chances.

Guys, the main idea is to make whole tactic play efficient and not individual positions.

Under current ME the only way for Strikers and AMs to get high rating is scoring goals and gets assists. ME just don't recognize other useful job they do such as their involvement in attacking build-up play and "off the ball" movement which drag defenders attention and gives their team mates chances.

Fair enough :)

Actually I'm not really worried about number of goals/assists/ratings of SS, it's more the fact that SS doesn't seem to put himself in position to score or attack the space created by DLF movement (while AP and especially RW do). Have you experienced anything similar regarding SS or it's just me??? My idea is maybe the SS might need a little more quickness than DLF and AP, to attack spaces off the ball?

Though in the end you're perfectly right when you say it's about whole team and not individual positions, and this tactic as a whole works admirably!

One last question though. Would you recommend some useful/harmful PPM's for each position as I feel they tend to have quite an impact on players and tactics?

Thanks for all the advice :)

Last edited:
Heh… counter attack is always dangerous and this why it's called counter attack ;) but statistic you tell about seems a little bit harsh for me. ;) I'm afraid so far it's best what can do about balance between defense and attack in this tactic.

Yeh it seems to have evened out recently, maybe it was just a bad run, or the game decided to put me in one haha :p

And i have to say about the SS not getting in good positions, the one i have moves nicely around the box and gets in great positions, just sometimes he lacks the final touch to get the goals he deserves. Says more about the player than anything else haha.

Overall is balanced nicely, and will probable provide some information of how my season has gone once it has finished.

One last question though. Would you recommend some useful/harmful PPM's for each position as I feel they tend to have quite an impact on players and tactics?

Sure, there're good and bad PPMs for some positions and maybe someday I'll add full list of it. ;)

But so far here's most important:

"Get Forward Whenever Possible" is bad PPM for DLP, DLF and AP.
"Plays One-Twos" is good PPM for DLF, Shadow Striker and AP.
"Tries Killer Balls Often" is good PPM for AP, Shadow Striker and DLF.

Hi, TFF9, which training do you use for the V3? is it the same as your first version? sorry if this has been asked before!

*Pure Insanity (Overload)*

Download the tactic - TFF_Pure_Insanity(Overload)_V1

Overload.jpg

My experience tells me that this tactic can be very useful in some cases and I decided to upload it.

When to use it? Let's say you are down by 2 goals after 1st half and even draw in this match is unacceptable results for you then go for this tactic. There're many other cases this tactic can be used but you should weigh up all pros and cons if you are going for it.

*IMPORTANT* - It recommend that: DCL - left footed, DCR - right footed, ML - left footed, MR - right footed.

the link for the one man down tactic not working mate

Hmm... Just cheked works fine for me...

Glad to see, that fluidity doesnt drop too much...only on formation area tho.

Back