Shadow striker is key role imo...it gives you more options, specially when injuries wants to kill you. You can put here striker, winger, midfielder...everybody you want and he is at least competent for this position. I dont have any problems with this role...i tried with poli, who is midfielder, i tried with el shharawy, who is winger...worked well with both so far. Do you have right footed(SS) on the right and left footed(AP) on the left?

I've just added roam form position, so the SS can appear more in front of the goal and to confuse the marking, specially if he is marked by a CB.

It does give him higher rates like AMR every other match, but from time to time, maybe 3 to 4 games, i can have some goals and assists from him, which is not bad at all.

Would also like to ask, if changing the D-line against teams that play lot of t-passes would benefit the defense.

Shadow striker is key role imo...it gives you more options, specially when injuries wants to kill you. You can put here striker, winger, midfielder...everybody you want and he is at least competent for this position. I dont have any problems with this role...i tried with poli, who is midfielder, i tried with el shharawy, who is winger...worked well with both so far. Do you have right footed(SS) on the right and left footed(AP) on the left?

I'm just trying things out and not necessarily saying it's the way to go. Just trying to turn all this wonderful posession into more goals :) Yeah, I either play Chadli/Lamela on left wing, Eriksen in AP role and I bought Jese from Madrid for SS role. My idea was just following on from a discussion earlier in the thread to make the SS more effective when attacking. I've only played 2 games with Jese in the top right position but he has scored 2 and made 1 assist. I've weirdly found the DLF drop back more without the SS role. Not sure if this could be coincidence or he's dropping back into the space that's now left. By no means take it as a criticism of the role, it's just trying new things and down to taste :)

Sure, there're good and bad PPMs for some positions and maybe someday I'll add full list of it. ;)

But so far here's most important:

"Get Forward Whenever Possible" is bad PPM for DLP, DLF and AP.
"Plays One-Twos" is good PPM for DLF, Shadow Striker and AP.
"Tries Killer Balls Often" is good PPM for AP, Shadow Striker and DLF.

Just an idea bud, but you could add these PPM's into your opening posts and maybe any others for each position that will help the tactic, if there are any?

I have some screens etc of my (great) progress with your tactics using a Skrill South team. Laptop screen is burst at the moment so won't get them uploaded until the middle of next week.

Going very well early on, mind you the real test will be in the Premeirship.
View attachment 388636
After the horrendous Huddersfield match, I went to def positioning in match prep and so far it looks a lot less heart wrenching. :D

Thankyou so far TFF.

Did you ever tried the AMLC as a AML, with the same settings as your AMR? The player at this position doesn't seem to contribute much to my team (yet?), while my AMR is the star of the team.

WASTE TIME TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V4

There're a lot of changes: Formation, Duties, PIs, D-line.

Overall VERY solid improvements for Defense and Possession.

Download Waste Time V4 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/5uog82safqhibhv/TFF_Pure_Insanity(Waste_Time)_V(4).tac

*REMINDER* - Guide when and how to use Waste Time Tactic you can find at "Tips" section at opening post.

P.S. Wisely use of this tactic can greatly improve your results.

After the horrendous Huddersfield match

Waste Time Tactic can help in such cases to protect your lead.

Last edited:
Guys, redownload Waste Time Tactic because I've just noticed that I uploaded version without changes to GK delivery method.

I've corrected and updated all download links.

Just using the new time waste. By accident I selected to use it from the start of the game. I won 4-0 with not 1 opposition shot. Left it as an experiment to see what would happen for the next 2 games. Won 2-0 and 5-0 with not one shot on my goal at all

I just used a combination of standard v2 and time waste v4 to secure a 2-1 victory against Barcelona for the supercopa! I thought I had actually won it.. but apparently the cup takes place over 2 legs so I still need to go to Barcelona away :P

When using v4 I did not get any more goals against.. however I did see the worst tackle by one of my players I have ever witnessed in all my years playing FM.. it actually made me go... ooohhhhhh (omg) in real life... at pixels :P

Just using the new time waste. By accident I selected to use it from the start of the game. I won 4-0 with not 1 opposition shot. Left it as an experiment to see what would happen for the next 2 games. Won 2-0 and 5-0 with not one shot on my goal at all
Yup, I also find Waste Time V4 awesomely defensive if it happens you lead at lest by 1 goal by 60 min of the match and switch for Waste Time V4 so I'd say there's 90% probability that win in your pocket.

Last edited:
I don't post a lot ( obviously :P ) but I have been enjoying the tactics and results quite a lot; first season with Arsenal, bought a few players ( Romero,Montoya, Elder and Silva ); so far I am undefeated in all competitions after losing the first game to Man City ; I lost on a pass from Szczesny to Nasri who just had to pass it in the net...
I play v3 and time wasting, occasionally a winger 4321 when I need to rotate the team
Great tactics,enjoying the football played by the team!

I don't know how the **** this happened...
FA Cup quarter-final against Liverpool - I used v3 until half time (4-0), and then waste time v4 onwards.

View attachment 388527

I don't get it. TFF, are you actually Jose Mourinho, tactical goddess, hiding behind this alias?

Back