TFF, just a quick one...what is the idea for the 'retain posession' shout for this tactic? I know that seems a stupid question but I've done a few tests with it marked off and it seems to create a few more chances...so hard to tell with this ME though as you get different results each time lol I just want to ask your wisdom and ask if you've tried it

TFF, just a quick one...what is the idea for the 'retain posession' shout for this tactic? I know that seems a stupid question
In general it reduces "Tempo" and "Passing Length" for all players.

Effect from this shout can be like that.

Let's say your Defensive Midfielder has the ball and oppositions player are closing down him and there's no clear option for pass forward and now he has 2 options:

1) Try this risky forward pass no matter there's huge risk that this pass will be intercepted.

2) Make back pass to Central Defenders or GK and keep the possession.

Under "Retain Possession" shout he at vey high probability he will chose second option.

*Pure Insanity (Overload)*

Download the tactic - TFF_Pure_Insanity(Overload)_V1

Overload.jpg

My experience tells me that this tactic can be very useful in some cases and I decided to upload it.

When to use it? Let's say you are down by 2 goals after 1st half and even draw in this match is unacceptable results for you then go for this tactic. There're many other cases this tactic can be used but you should weigh up all pros and cons if you are going for it.

*IMPORTANT* - It recommend that: DCL - left footed, DCR - right footed, ML - left footed, MR - right footed.

I'll put it here for a while... ;)

Just a Little update! I have improved my game quite a bit, we win more than we loose now, without doubt because of some new players with the recommended statistics for this formation.

But! I still have trouble finding players with good enough statistics for the formation, especially DCs, DLs and DRs. If you have any good player recommendations for this formation, feel free to share them :) Of course, the big names I know already; its obvious Messi i good enough for all the offensive positions :) Im thankful for any help I can get :)

Jese from Real Madrid is working well for me on the SS role...I'm playing the mirrored version. He's young and fairly cheap if you get him early enough

One of the reasons I have problems finding good players is that the recommended stats excludes alot of good players; for example, Paul Pogba has 10 in marking, filter minimum is 11. Therefore, he will not show up when I make a search, despite the fact that he aces almost all of the other skills. Same goes for fantastic players like Umtiti, and so on.

One of the reasons I have problems finding good players is that the recommended stats excludes alot of good players; for example, Paul Pogba has 10 in marking, filter minimum is 11. Therefore, he will not show up when I make a search, despite the fact that he aces almost all of the other skills. Same goes for fantastic players like Umtiti, and so on.

For god sake...make your own filter with 5 most important attributes, don't filter with too much things...just most important.

So what if he is poor in marking... he is great player.

Sigh....that's my Point. You should not stare blind at every attribute, that has been my (mild) critisim of the whole filter thingy
if you have read my post from the past. I listened to some good advice from the TFF, for example the importance of technique for a full back. I'm trying to learn here bud! But, like you say yourself, maybe its enough with 5 (most) important skills and not 10-15 as recommended, because that is what make it hard to find good players! Peace.

for example, Paul Pogba has 10 in marking, filter minimum is 11. Therefore, he will not show up when I make a search
and this is why there's attributes recommendations because when you "easy" match condition in filters some important attributes can be far away for minimal recommended level but you always can check attributes recommendation and see how far away it is. If few attributes are less than only 1 point so it isn't such critical.

But! I still have trouble finding players with good enough statistics for the formation, especially DCs, DLs and DRs

For example, in the beginning of the first season if you “ease” filters match by one attributes condition for DR, there will be about 52 players found, price range 240K – 42M. Sure, you should have scouting knowledge for major football nations.

DR_List.jpg

Last edited:
Using this with QPR, and so far it's not going bad. Still pretty early in the season and having to fit in a lot of square pegs in round holes baring in mind I have no room manoeuvre in the transfer market.

I just wanted to see if people have had long term success with this tactic, something which seems impossible in FM 2014 with plug and play. I know some people love the tactical side but it's the squad development I love rather than tinkering around with tactics all day.

Tomas Martinez is ******* amazing in the AP role, I think that's all for Ozil mainly because Barkley is coming in January. Year 2017 btw

Lovely tactic!

Finished 3rd in league with Hamburg first season, won the german cup. (Media prediction 7)

Second season: View attachment 388827 Also won the german supercup against Dortmund. Finished third in my champions league group after facing Arsenal, Atletico Madrid and Napoli (tough group to say the least). Was relegated in the first knockout-round in the euro cup against Zenit (a bit unlucky). Lost to Leverkusen in quarter-finals in the german cup. Great job TFF9!

Using this with QPR, and so far it's not going bad. Still pretty early in the season and having to fit in a lot of square pegs in round holes baring in mind I have no room manoeuvre in the transfer market.

I just wanted to see if people have had long term success with this tactic, something which seems impossible in FM 2014 with plug and play. I know some people love the tactical side but it's the squad development I love rather than tinkering around with tactics all day.

This is not plug and play.

If I made a tactic and people had success with it I'd want to know. After finishing second in the EPL with Southampton first season I bought Barkley, Chiellini, Fazio and Sturridge and come second again in the EPL but this time I won the Champions League beating Bayerb Munich 4-3 AET in the final! Ward Prowse in the AP role is absolutely unreal. Best FM14 Tactic by a mile

A few screenshots to add to the feedback

View attachment 388768
View attachment 388767
View attachment 388766
View attachment 388765
View attachment 388764

Fighting for the title atm, I do have a talented, young squad with some good fits for the tactic though I wasn't expecting this! Those are current first choice for the 4 attacking positions after star player Rafinha went down with a season ending knee injury before new year started.

Tactic is clearly working great. AP Maccioni and RW Gomez are especially a joy to watch as they create so many scoring chances. Also I feel the Shadow Striker performs slightly better without the manual man marking instruction, so he's a bit more free to move and find his spaces. Though it's probably all in my head ;)

Once again, excellent work TFF9!

EDIT not sure if screenshots are working correctly, hope you can see them!

Last edited:
I'm experimenting at the moment with the SS moved into the top right corner position (I'm using mirrored tactic) as an IF (support) to try and force him into attacking positions more. His main defensive duty as the SS was to mark the opposition fb and so still use tight marking and specific player. On tests it doesn't seem to affect the defence of the tactic too much, but does seem to put the player in more forward positions when attacking. Also, select the 'play narrower' box to bring him further inside

I'm experimenting at the moment with the SS moved into the top right corner position (I'm using mirrored tactic) as an IF (support) to try and force him into attacking positions more. His main defensive duty as the SS was to mark the opposition fb and so still use tight marking and specific player. On tests it doesn't seem to affect the defence of the tactic too much, but does seem to put the player in more forward positions when attacking. Also, select the 'play narrower' box to bring him further inside

Shadow striker is key role imo...it gives you more options, specially when injuries wants to kill you. You can put here striker, winger, midfielder...everybody you want and he is at least competent for this position. I dont have any problems with this role...i tried with poli, who is midfielder, i tried with el shharawy, who is winger...worked well with both so far. Do you have right footed(SS) on the right and left footed(AP) on the left?

Well this tactic sure is fun :P First season at Espanyol (so season 2013/2014, without any weird squads), I thought at the start "would sure be awesome if I finished qualifying for the Europa League" with my media prediction being 13th.

By using v1 and later A/B at the start of the season, and for the second half of the season mixing v2 and v3.. I have actually finished.. wait for it... FOURTH.. meaning I qualified for the Champions League :o I even equalled with the number 3 atletico madrid, although our goal difference and encounters were not good enough

View attachment 388723

View attachment 388722

However that's not all of it: I have acutally won the Copa del Rey as well... again.. in my first season :P with a squad that has the 13th place salaries in the league and one 4 star player.. Below was the final against Barcelona:

View attachment 388721

As you can see.. it was not even just luck (although Barcelona did get a red card) it was a very close match.. cannot wait for next season going into the champions league!

Last edited:
Back