I agree with what your saying. However, if you play Norwich as you tested surely your results would not be so great. I don't understand how you can be top of the league.

There were matches when I had only about 30% chances to win using this tactic and I was lucky.

More important question what my chances would be if I used different tactic. Let’s say it could be as lower as 10% or 5%?

There's no tactic which give 100% chances to win every game. It’s combination of the tactic and average CA of your players.

Some tactics give you more chances to win and other less chances to win. Simple as that.

And my test with Norwich shows that this tactic gives you very big chances to win but it will never be 100%.

Even as Man Utd using this tactic you have about 5-10% chances lose to Hull. ;)

Last edited:
Understood. So basically the results posted our somewhat lucky? ;)

Luck can play a huge part in football irl and in game. In your first game in charge of a club, a lucky/flukey goal for you could give your team the confidence to go on. Losing it due to an unlucky goal could doom your tenure.

Understood. So basically the results posted our somewhat lucky? ;)

Sure, and I think everyone understand it BUT if I was unlucky I could finish somewhere in TOP 5 after 18 games played and anyway it would be awesome result for Norwich City who predicted to finish 16th.

Let's say if you are lucky you can finish 1st using this tactic as Norwich City after 18 games if you aren't lucky then somewhere in top 5.

Is it good results or not? You decide…

Sure, and I think everyone understand it BUT if I was unlucky I could finish somewhere in TOP 5 after 18 games played and anyway it would be awesome result for Norwich City who predicted to finish 16th.

Let's say if you are lucky you can finish 1st using this tactic as Norwich City after 18 games if you aren't lucky then somewhere in top 5.

Is it good results or not? You decide…

I agree the tactic is very good - just wondering if other versions will be released.

e.g. Underdog version would be great

View attachment 392067 Ouch first league game of the season. Never expected to win it, but it still hurts a bit. Also unlucky to start with both Bayern and Dortmund, playing as Hamburg, media prediction 7th. Still a terrific tactic!

I agree the tactic is very good - just wondering if other versions will be released.

e.g. Underdog version would be great

Mate, honestly I've never understood talks about "favorite" and "underdog" tactics.

Every tactic has inside it balance between chance to score and chance to concede. I think this tactic has great balance between scoring and conceding. Why in this case I need change something or use other tactic? I simply don't understand it.

If I need to reduce my chances to concede I simple switch to "Waste Time" tactic and that's all.

For example, there's two tactic:

Using first tactic you have 30% to win and 70% to lose but if you lose you concede more than 5 goals.

Using second tactic you have 5% to win and 95% to lose but you will concede not more than 2 goals.

If you’d ask me I'll choose first tactic.

Last edited:
hehe....**** 8-0
All my experience under current ME tells me that if you would use for such matches very defensive tactic, for example, some kind of 4-1-2-2-1(DM) only what you will achieve is reduce your chances to score to zero and so chances to win but you will still lose, yes, maybe you concede less but it really doesn't matter for me.

What do you do with the Opposition Instructions??

There's preset OI in the tactic and it's sufficient part of the tactic.

Just make sure you didn't ask your ***. Manager to set OI for you.

naml.jpg

Great tactic TFF Only problem is keep conceding from crosses any tips to stop it

Great tactic TFF Only problem is keep conceding from crosses any tips to stop it
Ehh… I find this part is least dependable on tactic.

When opposition winger takes the ball and dribble all defense and then cross and your central defenders lose position and headers to opposition striker and he scores. The only way to reduce such things is get better central defenders and full backs.

Also I recommend to keep your substitutions for full backs if they have condition lower than 78% substitute them. They contribute a lot to attack and defense.

Great Tactic
i was using BagdadCowboy 2.0 for home matchs but i switch to TFF for home matches very impressiv i go
for away and big teams i go for DOM - AWAY tactic ...so far overall 3 best tactics for Football Manager tnx for this one

Back