Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid Reincarnation.

December / Deciembre

View attachment 339170

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bundesliga
Saturday 1st December 2018

Olympiastadion

Hertha BSC 1 - 2 Dortmund
Rausch, Klein

MOTM: Leon Goretzka

A very tight affair which we did well to win in the end. It is the start of a good month for us, we can remain this season unbeaten going into the January window if we stay focused. We possessed much more threat than Hertha and they seemed confused at their coaches plans to try and contain us.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bundesliga
Wednesday 5th December 2018

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 3 - 3 Nurnberg
Maher, Di Maria, Gundogan

MOTM: Sven Bender

Threw it away here. Was 3-1 up and two defensive mistakes cost us the game which I am livid about. The concentration slipped and some players thought the game was won. I am utterly disappointed with the players and I let them know after the match infront of the whole team.

Bundesliga
Saturday 8th December 2018

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 2 - 1 Frankfurt
Rausch, Klein

MOTM: Marco Rausch

Edged, only just. We fell behind again and it was not until the 85th minute where a brilliant bit of individual skill saw Marco Rausch net the equaliser for us then two minutes later a similar run which resulted in a penalty which we converted. We need to make these matches count which is what we are doing.

Champions League Group Stage
Tuesday 11th December 2018

Ceahlaul

Vaslui 2 - 0 Dortmund

MOTM: Sven Henning

Played a youthful side and we lost. End of story. We have qualified in top position.

Bundesliga
Sunday 16th December 2018

Schauinsland-Riesen-Arena

Duisburg 0 - 3 Dortmund
Klein, Di Maria, Rausch

MOTM: Angel Di Maria

I thought we played a good game today, very well set up and looked for a killer pass from the off. Di Maria's footwork is an example of all young footballers to watch and take note of. We have had a variety of scorers this year which is very pleasing and long may it continue.

German Cup Third Round
Wednesday 19th December 2018

Stadion Nurnberg

Nurnberg 1 - 2 Dortmund
Klein, Subotic

MOTM: Neven Subotic

I could say we got lucky but we deserved it. The officials today was a disgrace and I let this be known to the German Footballing board. Nurnbergs first goal included a scene where two players was on the floor with head injuries and he carried on play. We also had two perfect goals allowed for nothing. The game needs to be reviewed and make sure these clowns never officiate again.

Player of the month

View attachment 339207
Sven Bender
Breaking up all the play in the middle of the park letting us do our own thing.

League Table

View attachment 339208

Last edited:
+40 goal difference in the league after 17 games, insane stat!

Indeed mate haha, the league doesn't seem to be a problem to win now.

Also like to mention I'll carry this on soon, been really busy with uni work ect.

Really great financial management, mate! Brilliant!

I really look forward you crashing the CL. But don't you think you should have some 26-29 y.o. Stars in the squad to win such a difficult tournament despite selling them?

Can I ask you to post your squad with stats and tactics after the season or 2 times a season after transfers?

Last edited:
Really great financial management, mate! Brilliant!

I really look forward you crashing the CL. But don't you think you should have some 26-29 y.o. Stars in the squad to win such a difficult tournament despite selling them?

Can I ask you to post your squad with stats and tactics after the season or 2 times a season after transfers?

I do agree with you mate yes, but at the same time if they will degrade soon why hold onto them? I only let them go if I can replace them. I will do no worries, update will be tonight for everyone that is interested.

January / Enero

In's

View attachment 341483View attachment 341484

Jair Guereno - A deal had been struck nearly a season ago but due to the ruling in Mexico they can move once 18. Hopefully he will assist us in the second half of the season.

Alencar - A pre-contract from Sao Paolo. With the right tutoring I believe he can become one of the very best. He clearly knows where the net is as he had a 1:1 ratio for goals to game for Sao Paolo.

Out's

James Rodriguez
(11M) - Felt it was the right decision as he has not been getting much game time recently for us. He has some quality but he doesn't use it all of the time. We picked the lad up for free and we have made a nice sum of profit on him.

Nazih Injai (750k) - Liverpool wanted to take him for a compensation fee, he was never going to be part of my plans but a good fee was received and it could possibly rise to as much as 5m for the club.

Bundesliga
Friday 18th January 2019

Allianz-Arena

FC Bayern
3 - 1 Dortmund
Rausch, Bender sent off

Not the ideal start to the turn of the year and a performance which we will have to put to the back of our minds. We just wasn't at the races today or nowhere near the same level as Bayern. The red card didn't help either it only made us more weak. Sven knows he let the team down today.

Bundesliga
Tuesday 22nd January 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 1 - 0 Hoffenheim
Neven Subotic

Great way to bounce back from the defeat against Bayern. We didn't play the highest of our ability but we still came through and won. Good teams win even when they are not playing their best, a good three points.

Bundesliga
Saturday 26th January 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 3 - 1 Leverkusen
Rausch, Iglesias, Klein

MOTM: Markus Klein

That is an eye-catching performance. The past two games we wasn't at our best but a performance of this caliber deserves to be noted, after a bollocking at training it seems to have whipped the team into shaped. The three regens on the scoresheet for us.

League Table

View attachment 341489

February / Febrero

View attachment 341490

Champions League First Knockout Round Draw:

Dortmund v Real Madrid

Well, well, well. This will be my first meeting with my former club, the club I rejected to stay here to finish my project. I still have too much love for the club which I owe my life to, but I will not allow them victory. I will show them what they are really missing out on and why I am determined to become the greatest manager in the world and succeed in every league I visit along the way. It will be heart-wrenching returning to the home of Spanish football but we will go there strong minded and with fire in our bellies to succeed and win.

View attachment 341491
Me during my playing days for the Galacticos.

Bundesliga
Sunday 3rd February 2019
Millerntor-Stadion

St.Pauli 2 - 2 Dortmund
Rausch (2)

These are the games in which we NEED to be winning. A draw at St.Pauli isn't a good result and we will rectify it next game, I am sometimes too harsh on my players for not winning every game but being successful breeds positivity. I will not settle for just ok performances, I want us to be the best all of the time.

Bundesliga
Saturday 9th February 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund
3 - 1 Augsburg
Perrin, Gotze (2)

MOTM: Mario Gotze

Yet another performance where we was below par the previous game and then we went and blew our opponents right out of the water the next. We hardly gave them a sniff at goal. They scored with their only shot on target and we made a meal of them. Should have scored more but hopefully we are reserving the goals for the Madrid game.

Bundesliga
Saturday 16th February 2019

Weserstadion

Werder Bremen 1 - 1 Dortmund
Rausch

MOTM: Kurt Zouma

I cannot complain at the result as I rested a few key players in the build up to the Real Madrid match. I want us to go there with real purpose and show the world watching what we are capable of and you do not need to spend millions and millions on a team to guarantee success.

Champions League First Knockout Round First Leg
Wednesday 20th February 2019

Santiago Bernabeu

View attachment 341493

I gave the lads one of the biggest and deepest speeches I have ever done.

Raùl speaking:

So gentlemen, here we are again in the Champions League. You have shown me you can become champions in Germany season upon season without fail. Can we come to the most successful team in the history of the competition and give them a run for their money? This club has taught me some very valuable lessons and some you will want to pick up. The crowd will roar the team on, but you just think of the fans at the Signal Iduna and what the Real players will feel, don't let it get into your head. All I ask for is 100% from you all and I will be proud. There is not a single ounce of pressure on you today but I know you will all go out there and do me proud. Good luck lads.

Real Madrid 2 - 1 Dortmund
Klein

Proud. Very, very proud. We have lost yes, but we have got that vital away goal which Madrid cannot rest on their lorals. If we can manage a 1-0 win at home then that will secure it for us. They cannot afford to come to us and defend. It will be suicide. I believe with the backing of our supporters at the Signal Iduna we can do it, as a team. I am not disappointed today at all, I am pleased with every single player that wore that yellow shirt as they did the club proud and I'm sure the travelling fans will agree.

Bundesliga
Saturday 23rd February 2019
Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 2 - 1 Gladbach
Sohnlein, Di Maria

MOTM: Silvio Iglesias

A brilliant derby for all viewers. Any team could of took the spoils but it was us with a neatly worked set-piece which saw Angel dispatch for us in the 84th minute which sealed the game for us. The fans was unreal yet again and the atmosphere was electric. It is what makes the game beautiful.

German Cup Quarter Final
Wednesday 27th February 2019

DKB-Arena

Could we end our drought without a German cup?

Rostock 0 - 5 Dortmund
Sohnlein (3), Di Maria, Perrin, Diego Renan sent off

MOTM: Harald Sohnlein

There was to be no slip-ups against a lower-division team this year in the cup and we made sure it wasn't as we sent a crushing blow with five goals away from home. The red card didn't hinder our performance it spurred us on to work harder. Harald will go home with the matchball and by the performance of today he will have many more to come.

German Cup Semi-Final draw:

Hoffenheim or FC Bayern v Dortmund

Mainz v Wolfsburg

Player of the month

View attachment 341519
Harald Sohnlein
He has found it tough at the start of the season but now he is finding his feet and scoring goals. A brilliant prospect with a very bright future ahead of him.

League Table

View attachment 341520

Cracking result in the Bernabeu, good luck for the home leg :)

March / Marzo

View attachment 341521
'Putting all smiles on ahead of one of the most important months as my managerial career.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bundesliga
Saturday 2nd March 2019

Mercede-Benz-Arena

Stuttgart 1 - 2 Dortmund
Di Maria, Klein

A very well fought victory. Stuttgart are hovering around the Champions League spots in the Bundesliga and will be busting a gut to secure a place after their last few seasons which they have hovered around the mid and bottom of the league.

Bundesliga
Saturday 9th March 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 2 - 0 Wolfsburg
Klein (2)

MOTM: Adam Maher

A brilliant pre-match performance setting us up for the Madrid game. I took the risk of resting alot of players and it paid off with the most notable Adam Maher running the show from the attacking midfield spot. He was the dictator of the play and everything went through him today

Champions League First Knockout Round Second Leg
Tuesday 12th March 2019

Signal Iduna Park

View attachment 341546
Hard, long sleepless nights is what I have experienced leading up to this fixture. Both teams mean the world to me for two totally different reasons. I have watched videos over and over of the last match we played to see where our strengths where and where we was weak. The worries of a single match to cause me this much stress is beyond belief. It is not a fact of disliking a club, just how much the club means to me that I want to win.

Dortmund 3 - 1 Real Madrid (AET) 4-3 AGG
Klein, Maher, Zouma

Outrageous absolutely outrageous!!!! My heart is still pumping with nerves! We outplayed them in all areas today and showed that we deserve to progress further than them. The whole team was warriors today and have done the club very proud. It is also a very proud moment for me. We needed extra time to score what proved to be the winner but it felt like a volcano eruption in my veins and a roar of the most fierce lion in my ears from the crowd. This is what we live for in Football and we progress into the next round of the Champions League.

Champions League Quarter Final Draw:

Man Utd v FC Bayern
Dortmund v Arsenal
Inter v Lyon
A.C. Milan v Chelsea

-------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------

Bundesliga
Saturday 16th March 2019

Allianz-Arena

1860 Munich 0 - 3 Dortmund
Rausch (2), Iglesias

Absolutely still buzzing off confidence and so are the team as we went out and pummeled 1860 Munich. The whole squad looks thirsty for success and wanting to achieve everything possible. It makes my job very easy at the moment.

German Cup Semi Final
Wednesday 27th March 2019

Allianz-Arena

FC Bayern 3 - 1 Dortmund
Perrin

MOTM: Flavien Perrin

Very disappointing to lose in the Semi-Finals as it was so close for us to finally claim the cup this year but it wasn't to be. Bruno Martins-Indi will never wear a Dortmund shirt again after his woeful performance at Left-back where Georgio Wijnaldum scored 3 from and a after the game dressing room bust up will see him leaving the Signal Iduna Park at the end of the year.

Player of the month

View attachment 341566
Leon Goretzka
His performance against Madrid was the reason we progressed through.

League Table

View attachment 341567

England

View attachment 341568

Friendly
Saturday 23rd March 2019

Wembley

England 5 - 0 San Marino
Smalling (2), Walcott, Rooney, Henderson

MOTM: Chris Smalling

A warm up match in our match with Georgia. We hoped to score a few goals and keep a clean sheet and we did just that and also kept hold of 76% possession which is a very pleasing stat.

European Championship Group Stage
Friday 29th March 2019

Wembley

England 4 - 0 Georgia
Walcott (2), M.Bennett, Wilshere

MOTM: Theo Walcott

A dominant win which we needed. Bulgaria are still leading the group but we will need to win every game to make up our draw with them to guarantee top spot to qualify for the European Championships.

April / Avril

View attachment 341575
We have a real chance for the Champions League this year

Bundesliga
Friday 5th April 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 3 - 0 Schalke
Maher (2), Gotze

An easy victory which was basically handed to us on a plate, Schalke looked like they didn't want to compete. We won't get many games like that this season so we will take them while they are available. We are nearing to retaining the Bundesliga for the sixth season in a row. If we win our next game or Bayern fail to win it is ours.

Champions League Quarter Final First Leg
Wednesday 10th April 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 1 - 3 Arsenal
Perrin

Some individuals tonight was an embarrassment making two individual errors to basically hand Arsenal one foot in the door to the Semi-Finals. The amount of effort the team has put in for others to make mistakes at the big stage is just not correct. I am utterly disappointed and let them know who in the changing room.

Bundesliga
Saturday 13th April 2019

RheinEnergieStadion

Koln 1 - 2 Dortmund
Iglesias (2)

MOTM: Silvio Iglesias

Yes, we are Champions. But the celebrations are on hold. I want a performance from the Arsenal match before we celebrate anything. I was disgusted at some of the performances put in by individual players and I hope they rectify their mistakes in the next match.

Champions League Quarter Final Second Leg
Tuesday 16th April 2019

Emirates Stadium

Arsenal 1 - 1 Dortmund (4-2 agg)
Goretzka

Left ourselves to face the impossible which was never to happen. It's a shame especially when we beat Madrid to get here, but its the same story every year. Some decisions are to be made at the end of the season.

Bundesliga
Saturday 20th April 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 4 - 2 HSV
Diego Renan, Rausch, Klein (2)

Better performance than the last atleast. I am still feeling disappointed about the Champions League as I thought it could of been our year. I don't let my emotions show to the players though as your mood reflects on their play. We have a brilliant run in the league going on though which is very pleasing.

Bundesliga
Saturday 27th April 2019

Stadion Nurnberg

Nurnberg 1 - 3 Dortmund
Klein (3)

A hat-trick for the young lad, the second half of the season he has been excellent and full on deserves the matchball today. If not with us I believe that Markus Klein will end up at a Champions League winning side in the future.

Player of the month

View attachment 341608
Markus Klein
The 20 year old keeps on getting better.

League Table

View attachment 341609

Still doing well mate, shame about the CL run though. Be interesting to see what happens next. :D

May / Mayo

View attachment 341638
Officially ours

Bundesliga
Saturday 4th May 2019

Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 2 - 1 Hertha BSC
Perrin, Sohnlein

We mustered up a good win and have been clinical yet again. Hertha put in a good shift today and possibly deserved a point but we got the win and that is that.

Bundesliga
Saturday 11th May 2019

Commerzbank-Arena

Frankfurt 2 - 3 Dortmund
Subotic, Rausch (2)

Thats all Frankfurt will ever be famous for their sausages!! They made a pigs ear of things when they laid a backpass into us within 20 seconds of the game to give us the lead. We did make hard work of it though and another game without a clean sheet is worrying and we will be looking to invest in the defence soon.

Bundesliga
Saturday 18th May 2019
Signal Iduna Park

Dortmund 6 - 2 Duisburg
Diego Renan, Subotic, Di Maria, Klein, Maher (2)

What a game to finish the season, we have also recorded the record number of points in the league which is very very pleasing. Adam (Maher) scored two wonderfully placed freekicks and reminded us that he still merits a place here next year. The whole team attacked as one and did ourselves proud. We have only lost one game in the league all season, good progress.

Final League Table

View attachment 341643

Awards, ect soon. Have qualifying matches for England!!!

Awards.

View attachment 341644

View attachment 341645

ter Stegen

Denis Sule Perrin Theophille-Catherine

Iglesias L.Bender Rausch Di-Maria

Klein Ideye

My Player of the season

View attachment 341646
Marco Rausch
In his season where I handed him the main role he didn't disappoint with 24 goals and 14 assists in all competitions and he will only improve with age. Fantastic youth product straight from our academy.

My Young Player of the season

View attachment 341649
Denis
The young Brazilian who I commented on at the start of the season has had stable performances and has been defensively solid aswell as brilliant going forward. Chipped in with assists aswell getting 9 of them for himself this season.

Who knows yet mate, I won't leave unless the right job comes along. Just gotta see what happens eh?

Yeah sure, I get ya. Just the way it ended the last month, I thought maybe there was a twist about to happen......haha.

Keep up the good work mate. :D

View attachment 341658

European Qualifying Group Stages
Friday 7th June 2019

Georgios Karaiskakis

Greece 0 - 1 England
Wilshere, Rooney sent off

MOTM: Jack Wilshere

After Wayne getting sent off in the 1st minute of the game for an elbow he made things very very hard for us. I have also had personal words with him myself that if he does anything like that again he wont play for his country again aslong as I am in charge, you are meant to represent your country not disrespect it.

European Qualifying Group Stages
Tuesday 11th June 2019

Wembley

England 6 - 0 Moldova
Shawcross, Smalling (2), M.Bennett (2), Wilshere

MOTM: Jack Wilshere

Stellar performance at home infront of the 90,000 English fans. We also top the group now and it is in our own hands to throw away. We dominated from the first to last in the game, never even let Moldova in our half.

Table

View attachment 341659

Back