Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid.

September / Setiembre

View attachment 293281

'Age is no barrier, It's a limitation playing on your mind.'
- Anon

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian National First Divison
Sunday 3rd September 2017

Arena Indepenencia

Atletico Mineiro 2 - 1 Corinthians
Marquinhos

MOTM: Marquinhos

Our first loss in the league under my reign as manager but we was unlucky not to come away with 3 points. We was very unlucky and they only had 3 chances on goal compared to our 10. We want to push on and forget the result. We work harder and push on for the league.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brazilian National First Division
Sunday 10th September 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 3 - 1 Figueirense
Claudio Winck, Wallyson (2)

MOTM: Wallyson

Brilliant victory in which we dominated in every area and deserved to score more goals. Wallyson is now making his mark while my reign in charge as he is scoring goals and playing brilliant. Also the fans was the extra man today as when Figueirenese stepped out they looked frightened at the crowd as they was the driving force today and I would personally like to thank them for that. We are moving up the table progressively.

Brazilian First National Divison
Thursday 14th September 2017
Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 1 - 1 Coritiba
Muriqui

MOTM: Muriqui

A match we should of won but didn't take our chances!!! Frustrated isn't the word and to say that they are a mid-tabled team we should be winning comfortably. The defence was once again solid and the best part of the team, we need to improve results from draws to wins and loses to draws to finish in a respective place.

Brazilian First National Divison
Sunday 17th September 2017
Mineirao

Cruzeiro 1 - 1 Corinthians
Fred

MOTM: Fred

Another 2 points dropped but to alot more of a respectable team who will probably finish in the top 6. We didn't play the worst today, we just sat off in the 2nd half and they came at us and eventually scored. I will take the personal blame as I was aware of Cruzeiro hitting us on the counter attack and could do us damage.

Brazilian First National Division
Sunday 24th September 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 5 - 2 Bahia
Manoel (2), Leo, Paulinho, Pedro Botelho

Well Muriqui just made the match his own today, 5 assists will be the talking point of many Brazilian newspapers tomorrow and his beautiful performance, he dictated the match today and was like the God of the pitch. No doubt we will be having interest from major European clubs about his signature as he has been sensational since I took over. The lad deserves a big move.

Player of the month

View attachment 293319

Muriqui
again as he was absolutely excellent this month and deserves all the plaudits he gets.

League Table

View attachment 293320

October / Octubre

View attachment 293321

'He who dares, wins.'

Sunday 1st October 2017

Sao Januàrio

Vasco 2 - 2 Corinthians
Wallyson (2)

Another chance in which we missed to get 3 points. Very disappointing performance as I feel we have better quality than Vasco and we could of done alot more damage than what was done. We don't play like that and we certainly didn't play like a Brazilian team, more like Alfreton Town in the Blue Square ****** Premier.

Wednesday 4th October 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 1 - 0 Gremio
Pedro Botelho

MOTM: Julinho

Better result and moves us up the table, hopefully I can finish in a top 4 spot and secure the Brazilian Champions League spot. We need to be more clinical infront of goal but today a good goal from Pedro Botelho secured us the win and the 3 points.

Sunday 8th October 2017

Barradao

Vitoria 3 - 4 Corinthians
Romarinho, Wallyson (2), Ari

Well the players showed how much they really want it, being 3-0 down to Vitoria at half-time they all look demoralised and out of luck I took them to one side and said: 'Look, we are still in with a shout, look at Liverpool vs AC Milan 2005. The sign of winners, never giving up and going to the end, that is what I require from you. Regardless of the result if we put a shift in for the second half I will be proud and ask no more of you. We came out 2nd half all guns blazing and crushed Vitoria.

Sunday 15th October 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 4 - 0 Avai
Leo, Deivid, Romarinho, O.G

MOTM: Leo

Bottom of the table Avai was taken apart and dissected by us today. There is no other fairer way than saying it. Should of been seven or eight but we laid back in the second half and wasn't as aggressive. We also want to maintain a winning streak and I explained this to my players.

Saturday 21st October 2017
Maracana

Flamengo 1 - 1 Corinthians
Leo

Yet again thrown away an extra 2 points, could of done with the points to definitely challenge for the Champions League spot but atleast it isn't a loss. We want to kick on and have a strong end of the season and finish the highest place possible but we cannot finish matches!!!!

Brazilian Cup Quarter Final First Leg
Wednesday 25th October 2017

Brinco de Ouro

Guarani 1 - 2 Corinthians
Wallyson, Marquinhos

A quarter final which we have the opportunity to go on and win the cup as that would be seen as an achievement this year. They are a league below and I will play a full strength team again next game as I want to win the cup and be dominant. We actually played ok today and better than the scoreline suggests.

Saturday 28th October 2017

Pacaembu

Corinthians 1 - 0 Sao Paolo
Ari

MOTM: Claudio Winck

A much needed win and valued even more as they are our rivals. We put them to the sword today by a delicious 29th minute striker from Ari. That settled the game although it could of gone either way. We took our chances and came out of the game with 3 points.

Player of the month

View attachment 293350

Wallyson

The leagues top goalscorer and been lethal this month.

League Table

View attachment 293351

Last edited:
Well just about to post the update till my Laptop decided to crash, will try get through it again soon guys taking a small break from it though. :)

Last edited:
November / Noviembre

View attachment 293518

'Inequality is ignorance'
- Raùl

Brazilian Cup Quarter Final 2nd Leg
Wednesday 1st November 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 2 - 2 Guarani (4-3 agg)
Ari (2)

MOTM: Ari

We progress to the Semi-Finals in a struggled fashion, nevertheless we still did the job and we are arriving in the semi-finals with a chance to progress to the final. Ari got a brace today after coming off the bench at halftime to set the game alight and bring much added flair to our team and rescue us.

Saturday 4th November 2017
Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 3 - 1 Portuguesa
Lorran (2), Muriqui

MOTM: Lorran

Well deserved victory here today as we dug in deep to get a perfomance in atrocious weather conditions which should have been postponed. Lorran took the spot in the hole today and he delivered by bagging a brace and a very impressive performance. Muriqui had the goal of the game though by beating two players before dinking it cool and collectively over the onrushing goalkeeper.

Brazilian Cup Semi Final First Leg
Wednesday 8th November 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 4 - 1 Atletico Mineiro
Paulinho, Wallyson, Leo, Muriqui

One foot in the final after this brilliant football performance and taught Atletico Mineiro a lesson after they looked shaky after the first 10 minutes we went all out and punished them brutally. Four different goalscorers says the story as we was flying at them from all sorts of angles. Wallysons goal was a fantastic individual effort as he was stood on the edge of the box from a corner and lashed in a volley when it fell to him.

Sunday 12th November 2017
Engenhao

Botafogo 0 - 3 Corinthians
Denilson, Marquinhos, Marivaldo

This game today was a MUST win game to keep the pressure on the top four and still survive the chance to overtake Botafogo if we won today. The game consisted of mainly bitty bits of play but a moment of magic from central defender Marquinhos who will no doubt win goal of the season. The opposition keeper kicked a freekick from the edge of his box where it fell to the 50 yard area to Marquinhos who attempted a chip/volley and he scored it in spectacular fashion.

View attachment 293537

Brazilian Cup Semi Finals First Leg
Wednesday 15th November 2017
Arena Independencia

Atletico Mineiro 1 - 2 Corinthians (2-6 agg)
Lorran, Deivid, Romarinho sent off

MOTM: Deivid

WE'VE DONE IT!!!! WE ARE IN THE FINAL. Absolutely brilliant yet again by the lads. We went and went at Mineiro till they couldn't handle us. We had no intention of sitting back and letting them try score goals to come back into the tie. We wanted to finish it off in style and didn't we just.

Sunday 19th November 2017

Vila Belmiro

Santos 3 - 0 Corinthians

MOTM: None.

Outclassed today by Santos, no other way of describing it. Take my hat off to the lads for working hard but it wasn't enough. They wanted it more and they was pushing the extra 5% more that was needed in this game and kept the engines running. Eventually we ran out of fuel and three late goals was scored resulting in us losing the game and ending our unbeaten run. We need to bounce back instantly.

Brazilian Cup Final First Leg
Wednesday 22nd November 2017

Pacaembu

View attachment 293558

Sao Paolo
2 - 1 Corinthians
Ari

MOTM: Ari

Unlucky to lose today as we was playing some nice stuff at times but looked quite leggy from the previous game versus Santos and never really got the engines running. Sao Paolo looked very fresh on the otherhand and created numerous amount of chances. 2-1 Was a fair result on the game and I am not too disheartened as there is a second leg and I am more than confident we can perform good to bring it back in that game.

Sunday 26th November 2017

Serra Dourada

Goiàs 2 - 3 Corinthians
Ari, Paulinho, Lorran

MOTM: Paulinho

We showed great character as our forms not been the best in the past two games. To get the winning goal and Lorran to get the winning goal was great. We should of gone on and got a fourth goal and buried that game but we don't take that chance we take the three points instead of giving away two. Brilliant result.

Brazilian Cup Final Second Leg
Wednesday 29th November 2017

Morumbi

View attachment 293558

Sao Paolo 1 - 2 Corinthians (3-3 agg)Wallyson, Ari

Extra time:
No scorers

Penaltys:
Won 5-4!!!!!!

THE CUP IS OURS, WE ARE GLORIOUS THIS YEAR HAVING TAKEN OVER WHEN 17th AND NOWHERE WE LIFT CUP SILVERWARE! What a fantastic moment for the club as we are performing fine in the league and have added a trophy to the trophy cabinet. I will let all of the lads take the credit for this trophy as it is them who has won it and not me. Happy days at Corinthians.

Player of the month

View attachment 293574

Ari
Come on very well this month and having a strong end to the season.

League Table will be posted next month after the final two games!!!

December / Diciembre

View attachment 293577

'Lights will guide you home and ignite your bones'
- Coldplay

Sunday 3rd December 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 5 - 1 Internacional
Wallyson, Denilson, Muriqui (3)

What a fantastic result against the league winners. They have already won the league and there is no secret surprises but we battered them with a full team out. We are going to have a strong end to the season I can feel it in myself. Muriqui popped up with the perfect hat-trick, header, left foot and the right foot. Wallyson has run away with the leagues top goalscorer unless someone scores around 8 in the next game.

Saturday 9th December 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Before we play this game I had an announcement I had to make to the team and the fans. This would be my final game in charge of Corinthians. I enjoy my time in Brazil and it's one of the most interesting leagues in the world I have ever managed but my wife and kids are not happy and at the end of the day they are my life and they come before most things. I hope the fans and players understand and are happy for the things I have done for this club to get it back where it belongs. Up at the top, not near the bottom. Also I added a trophy to the cabinet for them, all I asked for was one final performance from the lads to put a smile on my face.

Corinthians 2 - 0
Sao Caentano
Lorran, Marcos Rocha

MOTM: Marcos Rocha

There it is. The three points and one happy man at the end of it. The Estadio do Corinthians was chanting my name like a God and pleaded for me to stay after their transfiguration this season under me as I will show you below. We got our hands dirty and wasn't afraid to get stuck in. We went through a long unbeaten patch and played some excellent football. There is no doubt in my mind that in later management years I will return again to manage in Brazil when my kids have grown to be old and I hope I will be wanted again by Corinthians. It is a tearful experience walking away from the club as there was no remorse or arguments. I have a big spot in my heart for Corinthians and hope they do well in the upcoming future.

Final League Table & Table when I arrived.
View attachment 293580 View attachment 293581

Great story! I am really happy that you also chose a club from South America as it is really nice to play there. Which will be your next club? Which country do you prefer? Germany, Spain, France or Italy?

Great story! I am really happy that you also chose a club from South America as it is really nice to play there. Which will be your next club? Which country do you prefer? Germany, Spain, France or Italy?

Yeah mate It's an experience and I want to manage in most of Europes main Countries and make it realistic as possible. Your not going to go manage Real Madrid after a good few seasons at Everton now are we haha :)

Raùl Gonzàlez Blanco.
Achievements so far.

View attachment 293590

Teams Managed so far:

Castilla 2012-2012
KRC Genk 2012-2013
Everton 2013-2016
Cameroon 2015-2016
Atletico Madrid 2016-2017
Corinthians 2017-

Career stats so far:
Games played : 269
Games won : 176
Games drawn: 46
Games lost : 47
Goals for : 604
Goals against: 319
GD: 285
Win % : 65%

Honours as manager:
Belgian Pro League
nPower Championship
Capital One Cup
Europa League
European Super Cup
Brazilian League Cup

Who will Raùl manage next is the question?
Drop me some suggestions to who you think it will be!!!

Can you go to Italy and manage Napoli or Portugal and Sporting CP or you could manage Dinamo, or Southampton. The possibilities are endless. lol

Raùl's next destination?
Where is he going to go next?

View attachment 293635View attachment 293636View attachment 293637View attachment 293638

AC Milan - Brilliant history and a massive club. Recent times they have fell down the most regarded clubs in Italy. They are currently lying 14th in the Serie A and have lost most of their main players or they have grown old. It would be a real task of getting them to challenge for the Serie A title again. Also to mention the financies are not the healthiest and could do with a large investment.

Montpellier HSC - Won the Ligue 1 title in France when Olivier Giroud played for them and they had a lucky season. Recently they are performing woefully in the French league and are keeping their heads just above water sitting 16th and the whole squad looking demoralised. Key player would be Belhanda to get them out of trouble.

Rangers F.C - They have rose to the heights of the Scottish Premier League from the bottom division after their liquidation. The squad looks very average for a SPL side and they are sitting in 6th position when they should be challenging Celtic for the titles. The finances at the club are also very much in the red and the squad is 30k a week over budget which is quite a hefty amount in Scotland.

Valencia C.F - Sitting a pretty 6th in the La Liga and not doing too bad though their manager has left for another team has not left them in such a bad position. The finances are stable for the foreseeable future and it doesn't look like they are in debt. They have a very nice squad assembled together aswell. It would also allow me to return to the La Liga and show that I can manage there after being successful with Atletico Madrid.

I took over a team which I thought long and hard about. It didn't take me as long as usual but it still took some time. The thing which persuaded me to take this certain job was the intention of making my mark that I can win a major league with a team not in the position to do so. All will be revealed next post.

Can you go to Italy and manage Napoli or Portugal and Sporting CP or you could manage Dinamo, or Southampton. The possibilities are endless. lol

Posted teams on now, Napoli would be great but they are doing great and their manager won't leave haha!!

I would go with AC Milan, because the reputation will give you a better opportunity to play with Real later on.

I am also considering doing a similar save to yours. I managed to get Hospitalet from the 3rd tier to La Liga and if a good offer arrives I will perhaps begin my journey

Last edited:
I would go with AC Milan, because the reputation will give you a better opportunity to play with Real later on.

I am also considering doing a similar save to yours. I managed to get Hospitalet from the 3rd tier to La Liga and if a good offer arrives I will perhaps begin my journey
Yeah you should go for it mate, would be a brilliant read.

i would go AC Milan
Already taken over a club but who?!!?!?

nice story mate, give mines a read if you get a chance its called the maldini revolution

Raùl returns home

View attachment 293670
Valencia.
Nicknames:
Los Murciëlagos (the bats)
Founded: March 18th, 1919 (93 years ago)
Ground: Mestella (55,000 capacity)

I decided to take Valencia forward as I wanted to stamp a return on the La Liga and this game me a very good chance to stake my mark to Madrid to show them I can manage at the very top. I was tempted to manage AC Milan and bring them from the depth of the Serie A but they didn't offer me enough transfer budget to stamp my mark in Serie A. I want to take Valencia forward to try and secure a top 3 spot this year and possibly try to break the top two next year. We begin our month in later February against Mallorca.

In my short time already I have secured four free signings which will be joining at the end of the season.

Jeremy Menez - PSG - Free
Romelu Lukaku - Chelsea - Free
Arnaldo Martins - Vit. Guimaraes - Free
Acai - Arsenal - Free

View attachment 293688View attachment 293693

La Liga
Sunday 25th February 2018

Mestalla

Valencia 5 - 3 Mallorca
Soldado (3), Feghouli (2)

MOTM: Roberto Soldado

I was welcomed to the Mestalla in brilliant fashion as the moment I stepped out my car the fans mobbed me for an autograph and asked if I would be committed to the job. I want to thank the fans for making me so welcome although my past has lied with a strong title rivals Real Madrid. We approached kick off and I announced to the lads that I will be employing my 4-2-3-1 tactic with Roberto (Soldado) will be our main out and out striker and he will be the Captain of the club. The boys didn't disappoint today with Soldado bagging the match-ball and a perfect performance, Feghouli got a brace from the role in the hole and a special mention for Andres Guardado for a hat-trick of assists from the left wing today.

League Table

View attachment 293689

Last edited:
March / Marzo

View attachment 293695

'If it is a dream, make it an achievement'
- Raùl

EUROPA Cup First Knockout Round First Leg
Thursday 1st March 2018
Friuli

Udinese 2 - 1 Valencia
Sergi Roberto

MOTM: Sergi Roberto

We wasn't the best today but we had bright spells which we looked like we would score. We dominated the first half and then you can say they had it all the second half and came away with two goals. We drew the first leg 0-0 so they will go through to the next round.

La Liga
Sunday 11th March 2018

Coliseum Alfonzo Perez

Getafe 2 - 1 Valencia
Soldado

MOTM: Roberto Soldado

Terrible performance today and we didn't deserve anything from the game. The players didn't even look like they wanted to be there. I'm not bothered what the previous manager did or how he ran things we play my way and we win otherwise you will find yourselves on the transfer list and a one way ticket out of Valencia. Buckle up for the next game.

La Liga
Sunday 18th March 2018
Estadio de Vallecas

Rayo 1 - 0 Valencia

MOTM: Vicente Guaita (GK)

I'm ******* livid. Third loss on the trot. These useless bastards have already put my position under threat and have the fans booing me already. We played shocking again with no passion or rhythm. Absolutely embarrassing and dreadful. All players will be fined one week wages for such a shocking display.

La Liga
Saturday 24th March 2018

Mestalla

Valencia 1 - 0 Levante
Altidore, Sergi Roberto sent off
MOTM: Victor Ruiz

Wasn't even impressed by this victory, we didn't play beautiful football and we didn't play with rhythm. I will drill it into these players skulls that we will play football and not the way they are used to. Less than impressive performance aswell as a red card. I'll be going to bed tonight one frustrated man.

La Liga
Saturday 31st March 2018

Mestalla

Valencia 4 - 0
Athletic Bilbao
Nsue, Rami, Parejo, Feghouli

MOTM: Dani Parejo

Better response and a performance I expected. We battered Bilbao today from the first minute till the last minute of the last whistle. Never give them a chance on the ball to settle or even breathe. We was like savages hunting in packs for the ball; bloodthirsty. It paid off as the lads actually played my way and look how the result turned in our favour.

Player of the month.

View attachment 293698

Roberto Soldado
Machine and leading the scoring charts in La Liga.

League Table

View attachment 293699

Back