Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! You resigned! You have some good choices there for different clubs though, as Raul you surely cant go to the other side of Madrid but a German team would be interesting.

Raùl takes charge of...

View attachment 292456

View attachment 292453

Club Atlètico de Madrid
Nicknames: Los indios (the indians), Los colchoneros (the mattress makers)
Found: 4th October 1939.
Ground: Estadio Vicente Caldèron (capacity 54,960)

Aims:
Finish the season in the top half after less than impressive start
Improve the squad quality
Go on a cup run in the copa del ray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was a job screaming at me to be taken over. Many people will not understand why I have took this seeing a move which may jepodise my chances of one day becoming Real manager but it was at Athletico Madrid that it gave me the chance to become a professional footballer and I have never really thanked them enough. I probably wouldn't achieved what I have today if it wasn't for them giving me the chance to join Real Madrid. I want to account to all of the Athletico fans who I know are brilliant from my spell as a youngster there that I'm not here for a stop gap journey, I want to get this club challenging for the title and Europe again. I may have conquered it with Everton but I was a big fish in a small pond in the nPower Championship. Time will only tell if this was the right move.

League Table when I took over:

View attachment 292457

December / Diciembre

View attachment 292459

A spiffing young Raùl sporting the Athletico kit at 16 years of age.

'Be ready for when I return'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 292462
Jorge Henriques: Raùl it has come to a shock as many as you have taken over Athletico one of Madrids rivals, many will see this as your chance to be Madrid manager over. What is your view on this?

Raùl: Being the Real Madrid manager has never crossed my mind actually, I don't think that far ahead. Any manager that does wants to be fired for not concentrating on his job.

Harlÿ Rodrigues: Do you feel more comfortable now you have moved back home to Spain after a tough time in England with Everton?

Raùl: Tough times? When? I enjoyed every minute of my managerial career at Everton but I felt the need to resign when I had to.

Maxi Gonzales: You come up against top club Zaragoza in your first game while you are slumbing in the bottom half of the table. What will you do to rally the troops?

Raùl: I don't care if they are top or bottom, we prepare the same and don't treat any team differently. We have hard work and alot of determination to succeed. Anyway gentleman I have to go as I have a match to attend to.

End of Press Conference

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Liga
Saturday 11th December 2016
La Romareda

Zaragoza 0 - 4 Atletico Madrid
Xiaoqi (2), Koke, O.G

MOTM: Qu Xiaoqi

Here I am, back and ready. Just beat the top of the table and comfortably isn't the word. Absolutely pulverised and destroyed them. So many advantages to take out of this match as my first match in charge. You can tell the difference between English and Spanish football, I applied my English tactic to see if it would work in the La Liga and how it did. Only negatives was a bad injury to Arda Turan.

La Liga
Sunday 18th December 2016
Estadio Vicente Caldèron

Atletico Madrid 4 - 2 Granada
Gallardo, Arda Turan (3)

MOTM: Arda Turan

Fantastic result here and a brilliant performance from Arda Turan, things didn't get off how we expected them to however as Granada took the lead and had a penalty shortly after. Asenjo saved the penalty very well and jumped on the rebound to deny Granada the second. We upped our game before half-time and scored two quickfire goals which gave us the lead at halftime and changed my teamtalk plans. Second half we played with lots more freedom and we had most of the ball 85% infact.

Player of the month

View attachment 292464

Arda Turan
Hat-trick and an assist in two games what a fantastic way to start my managerial career.

League Table

View attachment 292465

whats the squad looking like at the moment? What big name players have left/arrived?

That was a shock!. The Cameroonian press specially would be outraged, I bet.

But getting the Atlético job is awesome.

whats the squad looking like at the moment? What big name players have left/arrived?
Falcao is at Juventus
Arda Turan i've only just seen is going to city before I joined..

That was a shock!. The Cameroonian press specially would be outraged, I bet.

But getting the Atlético job is awesome.

I know I love Athletico purely on Aguero and Torres.

January / Enero

View attachment 292482

'Through the fire and the flames'

Transfers

In's

Patrick - Vasco - £825k
Giuseppe Rossi - FC Bayern - £1.7m
Gokhan Tore - Man City - £2.5m
Andile Jali - Vitesse - Pre-contract
Giuliano - Dnipro - Pre-contract
Rilwan Hassan - Heerenveen - Pre-contract

Out's
Arda Turan - Man City - £39.5m

The club are in debt of £130m and I wondered why after I came Arda Turan was already sold and I only received £10m transfer budget I had to deal with the tools handed to me. Below are the signings that will be here or joining after their contract run out.

View attachment 292486View attachment 292487View attachment 292488View attachment 292489View attachment 292490View attachment 292491

La Liga
Sunday 8th January 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 2 - 2 Mallorca
Pizzi, Rossi

MOTM: Giuseppe Rossi

We was unlucky not to make it three out of three wins and carry on our hot streak of form but it was from a last minute equaliser which shouldn't of stood as it was about three yards offside and I was livid and I let my referee know my thoughts at the end of the game. No doubt I will get fined and punished for it but it was two points dropped which we didn't deserve.

La Liga
Saturday 14th January 2017

El Madrigal

Villarreal 1 - 2 Atletico Madrid
Rossi, Patrick

MOTM: Koke

Well the new signings seem to have gelled spectacularly and putting in stellar performances, Rossi was moved into the Striker spot after the first half was drab with no chances and I knew Guiseppe was the man who could make things happen, and he did netting against his former club after beating the offside trap to slot home. I also brought on Patrick who was signed from Vasco and it only took him three minutes into his debut to score a wonderful dipped 25 yard freekick which Ronaldo would stand and admire. We put in another brilliant performance today and I am very pleased.

La Liga
Saturday 21st January 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 2 - 1 Betis
Pizzi, Qu Xiaoqi

MOTM: Diego Godin

A match against bottom of the league Betis, I expected us to win especially being at home aswell. We got things off well when Qu Xiaoqi was fouled outside the area and for the second game in a row we scored from a direct freekick. Pizzi placed it perfectly into the bottom corner which had the keeper standing and admiring. Our second goal came through brilliant work from Giuseppe Rossi winning the ball in our own half then going on a mazy run before laying it to Qu Xiaoqi. Their goal was 93rd minute consolation.

Player of the month

View attachment 292516

Giuseppe Rossi
been brilliant since he has joined and has pulled the strings inside the hole.

League Table.

View attachment 292517

Have Always been a Silient Viewer of your Story till now. Always thought you should have quit Everton at the End of Last Season but better late than never. Getting Rossi so cheap is really a great signing.
Good Luck with Athletico Madrid mate.

Have Always been a Silient Viewer of your Story till now. Always thought you should have quit Everton at the End of Last Season but better late than never. Getting Rossi so cheap is really a great signing.
Good Luck with Athletico Madrid mate.

Thanks mate and yeah I know, It's actually me being someone else instead of myself and usually everyone manages in England. I plan to travel all around the world though :)

February / Febrero

View attachment 292537

'Strength and honor'

La Liga
Saturday 4th February 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 2 - 0 Levante
Qu Xiaoqi, Gokhan Tore

MOTM: Jose Angel

When will we stop?!?! We are on a roll from when I took over the club and they was hovering at the foot of the table and looked likely to drop into the relegation zone. We played very well and was very focused all match as I set my team an objective of a clean sheet. Qu got on the scoresheet oncemore along with Gokhan Tore who stamped in his first for the club today, all of the lads are delighted for him and hope he can smash some more in now that he's broke his duck. The real test comes next playing Barcelona.

La Liga
Sunday 12th February 2017

Nou Camp

Barcelona 3 - 4 Atletico Madrid
Pizzi (2), Rossi, Diego Costa

MOTM: Pizzi

What a result! Even more in how we achieved it, we was 2-0 up before Barcelona pegged it back to their 3-2 advantage before in the 88th minute Rossi surged forward and scored a brilliantly placed finish. Barcelona then went to go for the winner in the 90th minute when we broke on the counter attack and Diego Costa took it around Victor Valdes and slid it into the net infront of the travelling Atletico fans. Once again I have got the upper hand of Barcelona and conquered them.

La Liga
Sunday 19th February 2017
San Mames Barria

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 2 Atletico Madrid
Gokhan Tore, Patrick

MOTM: Gokhan Tore

Yet another game we win!! Still undefeated as the manager of Athletico Madrid and we put in another stellar performance away from home. Gokhan Tore got himself on the scoresheet again with a cool finish after excellent work by Rossi to create some space, a really good passing move that is paying off from training. Patrick came off the bench to score a well struck free-kick.

La Liga
Wednesday 22nd February 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 0 - 0 Celta Vigo

Numerous chances to win the game but none was taken. We could have advanced in the league but you cannot win every game and this was a solid performance with a clean sheet and chances to win the game. On another day we would have had three or four but hopefully one day when it's not our day we get abit of luck.

La Liga
Sunday 26th February 2017

El Molinon

Sporting 1 - 1 Atletico Madrid
Pizzi

We shouldn't have let them back into this match but we got undone by a long throw, Rory delapesque for an equaliser, other than that they was quiet all game. We need to learn how defend long throw ins as it is a worry how shocking we was marking from it. Pizzi scored again and carries on his form.

Player of the month

View attachment 292587

Pizzi
Been amazing this month and chipped in with a fair share of goals.

League Table.

View attachment 292589

think you might just be able to sneak into the Champions League at the rate you're going!
Hopefully the debt will be sorted out one way or another for you! :d

think you might just be able to sneak into the Champions League at the rate you're going!
Hopefully the debt will be sorted out one way or another for you! :d

Yeah well if I stay, I'll be more bothered about getting rid of the debt, I never get a rich club me :(

March / Marzo

View attachment 292832

Looking onwards at one of the youth games, looking for future potential.

La Liga
Saturday 4th March 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 1 - 2 Getafe
Pizzi

The first loss of my managerial time at Atletico but it took 3 months which is brilliant considering my position when I took over. It wasn't a surprise as we looked leggy towards the end of last month and surrendered two leads but took a point from both games. Getafe was better than us today and had more quality over the pitch. I could say that we didn't play well ect.. but we did in patches and all the players put in a shift but it wasn't to be our day.

My Emotions after the game:

View attachment 292829

La Liga
Saturday 11th March 2017

Estadio de Vallecas

Rayo 3 - 1 Atletico Madrid
Diego Costa

MOTM: None.

Disgusting, the players are making this a habbit now and I won't take it. They can dig down and work or they will be released from their contracts at the end of the season and will be free to go elsewhere. Nobody wants loosers in their team either. Everybody wants a team of winners, but it is easy to spot out the players who go hiding when the going gets tough. Next we face Real Madrid.

The only positive news out of this was:

View attachment 292662

La Liga
Tuesday 14th March 2017

Santiago Bernabeu

View attachment 292835

Signing Real Madrid fans items before the game.

Real Madrid 0 - 0 Atletico Madrid

Well well well, my first return to the Santiago Bernabeu and it was in some way phenomenal as when I walked out after my team I was greeted with the crowd yelling my name and cheering. It felt like home and it was like seeing all of my friends again. It would all be reserved smiles and laughter because I had a job to do and I couldn't blame my past on a result. We came away with a point which with our recent form is brilliant. Still not registered a win this month though but a point away at Real Madrid is something to saviour and hopefully will prepare us better for the next match.

La Liga
Saturday 25th March 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 4 - 2 Real Sociedad
Diego Godin, Qu Xiaoqi (3)

MOTM: Qu Xiaoqi

Better result and things are looking up. We dominated the game and looked more hungrier to win. Diego Godin got us underway with a dominant header. Qu Xiaoqi scored two beautiful free-kicks and then scored a very good poachers effort after good work from Giuseppe Rossi.

Player of the month

View attachment 292828

Diego Godin
Solid at the back and stood out when some of the team didn't perform he was the glue to our team.

League Table.

View attachment 292831

Last edited:
I like your story too.. Atletico has a good team, in real life too, and I think they deserve more than what they achieved in the past years. Make them dream! :)

I like your story too.. Atletico has a good team, in real life too, and I think they deserve more than what they achieved in the past years. Make them dream! :)

Well a Europa league last year and the Super cup was something special haha. Falcao will no doubt rake in £50m+ for them when they sell.

April / Abril

View attachment 292837

'One club, one love'

La Liga
Saturday 1st April 2017
Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 3 - 0 Sevilla
Gokhan Tore, Pizzi, Diego Costa

MOTM: Miranda

Very encouraging performance again today when we was against an opposition higher than us and also local rivals. This was more than a 6 pointer match, we got off to a good start with Pizzi and Gokhan Tore threatening early on with their direct running. It eventually paid off as they both booked themselves a place on the scoresheet after hard work. While we frustrated Sevilla they was throwing themselves into tackles and Jesus Navas received a red card for his actions in the 58th minute. Diego Costa was brought on near the end of the game and got himself on the scoresheet.

La Liga
Saturday 8th April 2017

Estadi de Cornella

Espanyol 4 - 1 Atletico Madrid
Diego Godin

Results and performances like this are degrading and make you wonder why you ever took the job in the first place. We are not making a forward progress as everytime I take one step forward I take two steps backwards. The performance was woeful and I let my intentions be known in the dressing room as I lost my head. I also got called to see the Chairman after aswell to discuss the heavy debt and says we can raise funds by selling players and reducing the bill. It's not like I made £30m in profit and lessened the wages 2 weeks into my job or anything.

La Liga
Wednesday 12th April 2017

Riazor

Deportivo 1 -5 Atletico Madrid
Miranda, Diego Costa (2), Gokhan Tore, Adrian

MOTM: Diego Costa

Brilliant result but I do not understand the inconsistency of our results. One week we are fantastic, the next we are dreadful and look like we don't know eachother and have never played with one another. I cannot take anything away from the performance though as we managed to smash five past a team in form. Hopefully we can carry it on till the end of the season and gain a spot in Europe.

La Liga
Saturday 15th April 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 1 - 0 Valencia
Mario Suarez

MOTM: Jose Angel

Another fantastic result in which a game had alot of media pressure and hype on it. There was limited chances in the game and there was only around 1-2 for each team but we was the ones who managed to take ours. The defenders for both teams today was of the highest quality and was the ones to both keep their teams in the game.

La Liga
Sunday 23rd April 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 3 - 2 Malaga
Rossi, Adrian (2)

MOTM: Adrian

I want to thank the boys here for the grinding performance after really pushing in the last 15 minutes to score two goals and win the game. We was 2-1 down approaching 70 minutes when I decided we needed to change things, I brought Adrian on to inject pace and he grabbed the opportunity with two hands scoring a brace and winning us the game.

La Liga
Saturday 29th April 2017

Nuevo los Carmenes

Granada 4 - 3 Atletico Madrid
Pizzi, Diego Costa, Adrian

MOTM: Giuspeppe Rossi

Very unlucky here as we was pushing for the win more than usual as we are pushing for 4th spot and trying to save our financial situation. We need to get some sort of European football as the money will be needed next year and if not the club could be deducted points as the debt is piling up and so is the stress.

Player of the month

View attachment 292856

Adrian
Impact substitute and has scored some very very important goals for us which has kept us in the race.

League Table.

View attachment 292857

Back