Raúl González Blanco - The Prince of Madrid.

great comeback in the league...pity you resigned from everton...but oh well they'll survive

May / Mayo

View attachment 292865

'Achieve the unachievable'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Liga
Tuesday 2nd May 2017
Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 2 - 0 Zaragoza
Miranda (2)

MOTM: Miranda

Well this result still kept us in with a chance of UEFA Champions League next season and kept the dream alive. Defender Miranda scored a brace and the only goals of the game as we grabbed another important 3 points from the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

La Liga
Sunday 7th May 2017
Iberostar Estadi

Mallorca 2 - 1 Atletico Madrid
O.G

MOTM: Miranda

Champions league football out of contention now, we have to fight for the Europa if we have a chance of rescuing our financial position and restoring the faith around the Vicente Calderon. I don't believe the fans deserve what this club has given to them before I came. It was being run as a owner grabbing all of the money from the club before he left.

La Liga
Saturday 27th May 2017

Vicente Calderon

Atletico Madrid 3 - 2 Villarreal
Gokhan Tore, Miranda, Pizzi

MOTM: Gokhan Tore

Well we managed to cement 5th spot and will be playing Europa League football next season. Not the best start to the season when I took over or we would of definately been playing in the Champions League. We need to see how the finances pan out for next year aswell.

Final League Table

View attachment 292888

Awards ect will be up later.

View attachment 293023

Raùl resigns at Atletico boss.

Growing reports the club was in the financial mess, their have been reports that the Atletico board have asked Raùl to take a pay cut and cut the squad budget down and work with lesser players. Raùl said he had no problem taking a pay-cut but he was looking to improve the squad, not diminish it. He feels that the challenge ahead was not the job for him as he has given them Europe last year but I don't feel like I can succeed with a lesser budget and the whole objective for me is to improve the quality in my managerial career, not decline.

Raùl has mentioned that he wishes the club all the best for the future and is sorry to the fans and hope they understand why he made this move.

you're full of surprises lol. expecting what will be your next move :)

Can't believed you resigned! Was interested to see how you would do next season with a full season in Spain!

Who next for Raùl?

View attachment 293049View attachment 293050View attachment 293053View attachment 293054

Corinthians
- They have been through a door of revolving managers, abit like me with clubs. They are a very successful team in Brazil and produce brilliant youth products. Also a challenge as they are a country in which I have been intrigued to manage in.

Celta Vigo - Finished 3rd in the La Liga season last year and managed to secure Champions League football, their manager left for Arsenal which was seen as a step up. They promised me a healthy budget to improve the squad and drive the club forward.

Tottenham - Finished 16th last year and was flirting with the relegation zone all season. A big club with big ambitions and with the right manager they could go all the way and win the league as the chairman will financially back the club. Also I wouldn't want to betray Everton is something I have to consider.

Newcastle United - Got relegated from the Barclays Premier League last year and still have a very strong squad which could still challenge for a good spot in the Premier League. The finances may have to be balanced with the greedy chairman Mike Ashley known to many.

Also I have to consider what would be the best move for me and my career.
After a long and hard time of thinking and hours and days wasted due to stress levels rising to a maximum I finally decided what club I was to take forward...​

Sad to see Raul leave Athletico but another good twist to his managerial career....i guess you will take Tottenham Next....pls update fast as its 5.00 am in india but i m waiting for ur updatte b4 goin to sleep

Your biopic should be directed by Hitchcock.
Why thankyou sir

Sad to see Raul leave Athletico but another good twist to his managerial career....i guess you will take Tottenham Next....pls update fast as its 5.00 am in india but i m waiting for ur updatte b4 goin to sleep
I'll be doing it within the next 45 mins, just got to wrap Christmas presants.

View attachment 293062

Raul appointed as Manager of..

View attachment 293063

Corinthians.
Founded:
September 1st, 1910
Stadium: Pacaembu (40,199)
Chairman: Mario Gobbi

I decided to take this job on as I do not know much about Brazil but many of the best players in the world have begun in this league and progressed to Europe, I have signed a one-year deal incase things are not as planned at Corinthians and I want to exit Brazil. Corinthians are one of the best teams in Brazil I know as in 2012 they beat Chelsea to win the Club world championship and played very very well.

Table when I took over:

View attachment 293068

Been a silent reader on this but it is a great story!! i like the way that you are doing a story on a person rather than a club... something i'm going to consider on my next story!! KUTGW and it would be good to see you eventual managing in the champions league, something which Raul loved playing in!

Been a silent reader on this but it is a great story!! i like the way that you are doing a story on a person rather than a club... something i'm going to consider on my next story!! KUTGW and it would be good to see you eventual managing in the champions league, something which Raul loved playing in!

Thanks Matt, would of been an update but as sisters do she went and turned my laptop off..

Cracking stuff with Atletico and you have a job on your hands with Corthinians

Cracking stuff with Atletico and you have a job on your hands with Corthinians

Nice to see your finally back haha, wondering where you was. I'll get update done soon, Christmas rush is doing my head in.

August / Agosto

View attachment 293239

'£100,000 can buy you a new Ferarri but it cannot buy the feeling of winning'
- Raul

Brazilian National First Division
Wednesday 9th August 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 3 - 1 Goiàs
Airton, Ari, Lorran

MOTM: Marcos Rocha

What an introduction to Brazilian football!!! When I stepped out to the Corinthians fans it was like being in a colosseum full of gladiators and champions, the roars of the Corinthian fans cheering my name behind a big metal mesh was brilliant, at the same time very ugly as it looked they was animals being refrained. I have heard about the violence in Brazil though and how gory some things can get, I also hired a translator as I need to get my motivational team-talks across to players and get into their heads exactly what I want them to do. We secured a brilliant 3 points in this game.

Brazilian National First Divison
Sunday 13th August 2017
Anacleto Campanella

Sao Caeteno
2 - 6 Corinthians
Marquinhos, Muriqui (3), Wallyson (2)

MOTM: Muriqui

Well and truly battered Sao Caeteno today, Muriqui stole the show with a performance that will be talked about all around Brazil. 3 goals and 2 assists for the attacking right midfield player and deserved a man of the match award as he won his team the game single-handedly. Wallyson formally of Cruziero got a brace and remains as the clubs top scorer this campaign.

Brazilian National First Divison
Saturday 19th August 2017
Pacaembu

Palmeiras 0 - 0 Corinthians

MOTM: Deivid

Both teams was defensively sound this game and we had to push forward more but none of us wanted to lose the match as we are both big clubs in Brazil. Defensive midfielder Deivid was a rock for us and never let anyone past the midfield line never mind hit the defence. A drab match which had no Brazilian spark.

Brazilian Cup Fourth Round First Leg
Wednesday 23rd August 2017
Aflitos

Nàutico 1 - 3 Corinthians
Manoel, Romarinho, Wallyson

MOTM: Manoel

I wanted to progress in the cup and a match against the division below I wanted to still play a full strength team and get a good result. We came away with a 3-1 win and they was well prepared. Hard to break down and very solid, perhaps in Brazil it's not about all out attack and they have some very very good defensive teams

Brazilian National First Division
Saturday 26th August 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 2 - 0 Fluminense
Claudio Winck, Pedro Botelho

MOTM: Pedro Botelho

Well a red card early on for Fluminense killed their chances of really savaging anything from the game and put them at a instant disadvantage and we made the most of it with an extra man in midfield. We dominated possession with 76% possession compared to their 24%. Both of our flying fullbacks scored which is unusual but which are well deserved as they have lots and lots of energy and run up and down the pitch all game. Pedro Botelho, the formerly Arsenal youth player was the best player on the pitch today and did his duty well, defending well and getting forward when required.

Brazilian Cup Fourth
Round Second Leg
Wednesday 30th August 2017

Estadio do Corinthians

Corinthians 0 - 1 Nàutico (3-2 agg)

MOTM: Paulinho

Put a second string team out and we was shook after Nàutico scored after 5 minutes and it made me wonder if I should of put a full-strength team out to finish the job. We ended up crawling over the finish line and some of the players that are not first choice you can tell why.. My first loss as manager of Corinthians but not a loss which means anything. Still unbeaten in league.

Player of the month

View attachment 293279

Muriqui
Solid performances on the right wing and then chipped in with goals and assists. Clear POTM by a mile

League Table.

View attachment 293280

Back