have at least 2 tactics (I always have 3)

it depends on your players, however, the Swoop does work well!

Thanks Mr.Raikan really appreciate you getting back to me, I'll check out the swoop tactic.
I'm managing Arsenal so it's a nice little variation of players. wanting to buy Hulk+Willian and a GK as Szczesny is looking a little shakey.

Thank you again.

for keeper buy Mandanda! first season cost me £11m and has been outstanding! All the big boys are interested in him!

and its a pleasure!

I got bored with my previous save and started a new one, again with Swansea, but this time without making any big signings. Turns out Danny Graham is a fantastic target man. I think this may be my best result ever. Poor Suarez was in tears. :D

View attachment 221667

you ******** me mate? thats impressive, really, really impressive!

what patch you using?

Also, following your advice had set team instructions to standard & control. Worked. :)

I cant even get that with Tottenham on 12.1.1 :) maybe I should implement the changes I suggest then :p

Hehe. Yeah. It probably was on odd game though, when everything worked prefectly, but it doesnt take anything from the tactic. In fact, im 5 games into the season, sitting 2nd in the league behind United, having already played Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and City. So, cant complain. :)

Swoop should work mate :) set to overload and use get ball forward, pass into space etc :)

Ok thanks.

I'm thinking of maybe scrapping the M&M and using Swoop and Awesome for Away games as the players required are more similar to that of S&S which is my Home tactic. How do you think that would work? I like the look of this more so I think it will be: Home - S&S/Swoop and Away - Awesome/Swoop.

Yeah, thinking about it that definitely makes more sense to have 3 similar formations with similar player requirements, S&S (4231), Awesome 433 (4231) and 'Swoop There It Is' (4321).

Last edited:
hows it giong raikan, nice work youve got here mate, the counter attacks are deadly and well organised.
Quick question though, why dont your centrebacks tight mark? cant really think of any positive of giving your cbs zonal and loose marking. Also opposition players tend to make easy runs between the fullback and centreback. will man marking and tight marking help cover the channel? or zonal and tight?

hows it giong raikan, nice work youve got here mate, the counter attacks are deadly and well organised.
Quick question though, why dont your centrebacks tight mark? cant really think of any positive of giving your cbs zonal and loose marking. Also opposition players tend to make easy runs between the fullback and centreback. will man marking and tight marking help cover the channel? or zonal and tight?

As far as i am aware, and raikan can correct me if i am wrong, it is because when tight marking they get turned very easily

this setting ensures the defenders dont get too close and commit or make a mistake, they usher the striker away from goal (if asked to show to weaker foot)

This is not an exact science and is not going to work every attack as the engine does its own thing sometimes, however over hours of analyzing I have found that this works better for this tactic and some of my new tactics in the future!

Its just a different approach as well!

the fullbacks should be covering that, if there is no overlap, you can set the cb's closing down to higher as well! or you can change it to tight marking etc :) as I said, its a different approach and is not essential for this tactic or any :)

As far as i am aware, and raikan can correct me if i am wrong, it is because when tight marking they get turned very easily

exactly that :) I have noticed that the defenders get turned SO SO easily when on tight marking!

raikan, would you recommend to use this tactic at home or away from home?

Is it just me, or it actually works better if u dont use any OI at all?

Is it just me, or it actually works better if u dont use any OI at all?

Currently using this with United and i am not using any OI melq, playing well and dominating most if not all teams.

Yup. I just had 80% possession vs Norwich at home using control & no OI. :)