look at Montolivo, Thiago (half Italian) Rossi (retrain to Amc he is a machine) Diego (Wolfsburg, also half Italian) Pablo Piatti, Guido Marilungo.

there are a lot better Italian Cm's though, even Dm's, not really Amc's since Totti :)

A further update with my Bristol City team. I have just finished the first season. The end of the season was spectacular! I had battled my way to 1st in the league with 8 games or so to go. However, I then failed to win again and finished 7th... Morale plummeted after a 3-0 loss at home to Reading, and there didn't seem to be anything I could do to get the team performing again.

I have let a lot of contracts expire to free up some of the wage bill and have arranged some pre season friendlies in Australia and New Zealand to earn some more cash. I also had to sell Bressan for £4m and Ribiero for £2.5m. Therefore I need some players and I have £3.5m or so to spend. I have taken Caulker from Spurs back on loan already, as he was very good.

Needs are to play this formation again:

GK: have been denied a work permit for Meija after having agreed everything for £450k...
DR: have had an offer for Zimmerman accepted, but he doesn't want to come...
DMC/MCR: trying to get Pekalksi
MCL: ?
AML: definitely needs to be a better passer, crosser and more creative than Danny Rose who was on loan last season, who only really had pace going for him.

Help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

hey mate, sorry to hear that! it does happen, teams/squads lose concentration and momentum when leading, complacency is a *****! one thing about Fm11 is that 1 loss leads to really unrealistic drop in team morale etc... it is rather frustrating!

have you signed anyone? sorry replying so late, only saw your comment now!

how's it going?

Raikan, i cant download because i have to join the site to do so, but quick question- do you employ pressing and aggressive tackling even with rigid structure?

Nope, have been extremely short of time recently so haven't had a chance to play or sign any new players. Still looking!

---------- Post added 14/09/2011 at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was 12/09/2011 at 09:31 PM ----------

OK, quick update after having played 3 league games in the second season. Have signed a couple of players, but can't get that creative CM I really want. Had enough cash to buy the likes of O'Hara, Gibson etc, but they didn't want to come and neither do a lot of loanees from the PL (Ramsey etc.)

Results have been a 5-3 loss away, 1-0 win at home and a 2-4 win away. I have tweaked the tactic slightly, as my new AML (Anders Due signed on a free) is more suitable as a winger, and I have gone for a 1 stopper, 1 cover CB setup. My new DMC (Pekalski) is also a deep lying playmaker.

Will see how things go!

I'm currently playing with Southampton and I'm using your tactic. It works pretty well, but do you think that it will be good enough to avoid relegation if I get promoted. Or is it nearly impossible to avoid relegation? Here is the current league table:

View attachment 195574

I'm using an inside forward instead of the winger. Does that affect this tactic?

hey mate, that is fine :) does not affect it at all :) they are "inside forwards"

I think that this tactic can get you to safety once you gain promotion, I made it for Freiburg which were predicted 17th and came 6th in the 1st season!

you should try and set it to defensive and rigid/balanced for the 1st half of the season. maybe hit them on the counter as well. make sure you have a really good DM with good stamina and marking/tackling stats.

good going so far, what were Southampton predicted to finish? well you still have a way to go :) good luck and well done

Southampton were predicted to finish on the 18th place, so I thought a safe position in the middle would be fine. But then I kept on winning most of the games and I am now 4 points ahead of west ham. great tactic

failing for me atm, its just not scoring goals. Its defending quite ok but players are shooting when they shouldn't be. Shooting instead of crossing to an open teammate or just constantly shooting at a keeper (this is on a long older game so the players won't be known at all but are decent)

I would just like to say this tactic works like a CHARM for Arsenal. You dont even need to buy a lot of new players. I am currently 2nd in Premier League right on Chealsea's ***. 24 games played, 2 lost, 3 draw.

Players bought: Kadlec (right now a sub) David De Gea( in my opinion most important transfer to make early, get a good keeper, almunia isnt exactly great when compared ot other top keepers.) Iker Munianin (he turned out to be an extra so hes on Load and is being touted as next Villa, cant wait to get him back.) RVP is a beast so far along with the Nasri-Arshavin-Wilshere backing him up.

Thanks Raikan

Edit: Question, I didnt really think about it and I get kadlec AND munian, Since its only 1 forward up there which one should i keep and which one sell?

Last edited:
hey bud, glad it is working well, I hope you can take down Chelsea :)

keep both, the reasons being:

1) Kadlec can play out wide
2) You can make a nice profit off them later on
3) Munian is a beast

sorry mate, you need to use a much more defensive tactic/approach when playing as QPR vs City :)

maybe drop the am's to wide mids, play on the counter and rigid, play a deep line and quick tempo, hard tackling, zonal and stand off :)