Hey Raikan your tactic is serving me very well, I'm Udinese in my 1st season around February & currently 3rd not far behind Juve, predicted 14th too, i bought Lukaku in January but can't get him to score, set him as Target Man run with ball rarely but no luck, how would i improve him? Thanks
that is pretty impressive mate, well done! rotate him in and out, use Di Natale or Sanchez for the moment. set the role to Complete forward and leave everything the same ;) see if that works?

hahha, nice, 1st season? are Wimbledon not like in the blue square?

Probably, but this is with patch 11.3 and a transfer update, so they are promoted :) And yes, it's first season, pretty amazing isn't it?

what about liverpool? would this work, i know the midfield would be good, gerrard, meireles and lucas, but the wingers and upfront could be a problem, any signings that would help get over this problem?

what about liverpool? would this work, i know the midfield would be good, gerrard, meireles and lucas, but the wingers and upfront could be a problem, any signings that would help get over this problem?

yes definately :) I would pay the £7.25m or so release clause for Lucas - Sao Paulo, Nicolas Gaitan - Benfica, Younes Belhanda - Montpellier, Alex Teixieria - Shakthar, Douglas Costa - Shakthar, Willian - Shakthar, Stefan Jovetic - Fiorentina, Yohan Mollo - Monaco etc ;)

thanks, i decided to get rid of some deadwood and get hazard, worked a dream
just wondering, are the touchline shouts needed all the time?

no they are not that imperitive :) they do help in certain aspects/times of the game but works without them too

brilliant thanks for the help, i love this tactic

---------- Post added 28/08/2011 at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was 25/08/2011 at 03:21 PM ----------

ok so the tactic was a huge success and i won the leage with 6 matches left with liverpool, theres is just one thing i need, could you give me a list of strikers that suit this tactic and would be fairly consistent, suarez works much better as the winger and carroll doesnt work for me at...in any tactic.
i know about benzema but i think he moved, any help would be awesome, 2nd season bout 20 mill max
=D

Vagner Love - CSKA
Seydou Doumbia - CSKA
Thomas Muller - Bayern
Lisandro Lopez - Lyon
Dentinho - Corinthians
Peniel Mlapa - Hoffenheim

Hi,

I'm using this tactic, albeit somewhat modified for my Bristol City team. It's early November in the first season and I have just risen to 5th in the Championship after a somewhat poor start. It is taking an age for my players to get fluid in all parts of the tactic, especially passing! However, they are getting there. Maybe this is because they are doing match preparation for two tactics?

Key signings for me have been Bressan to play as the creative MCL, and Brandy as the poaching striker. They're great signings for very limited cash and wage budget I had. I have also signed a new left back. He's a bit slow, but is a good passer.

The main modifications have been in the AML position, and DMC and MCR. I found the DMC and MCR were playing far too close to one another, so I now have the DMC deeper. He now pivots play more. I think I changed AML to a support winger with less creative freedom. Danny Rose is on loan from Spurs here, and this suits him better.

Observations so far are that I'm not scoring masses of goals, but I'm not conceding many either. This means that many games are a nail biting 2-1 or thereabouts. Defensively, I don't concede many, but the ones I do concede are somewhat annoying. Sometime my defenders just allow someone to run across the top of the box without intervening. Other times they just lose the man making a run into the box who is slipped a pass.

Highlight of the season has been beating Man U at home 2-1 in the 4th round of the League Cup. The team they played was quite weak though!

Think that's about it. Hopefully my team will continue to improve and I'll get some more money to make further improvements, especially at AMR (Adomah) and AML. I think this would help me score more!

great update bud :) it will take some time for your team to gel and get used to the tactics and the players to settle! good adjustments too, I played on a smaller pitch and had them close together to help cover for the Dm who is covering for the Cb's :)

hopefully you can stay in the playoff spots and gain promotion and get the cash you deserve to strengthen your team adequately ;)

keep us updated!

Hi Raikan, this tactic seems to work for my underachiving AS Roma side. Have some central midfield issues tho.
I have De Rossi, Moussa Sissoko, Ganso, Lamela, Gago, how would u use those guys? I changed De Rossi to deep lying playaker and sissoko to Box to Box

Otherwise the tactic is just awesome (beating Lazio 3-0 as we speak), only concern is central mid who never seems to get decent grades

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
What's the best role for Cavani when using this tactic?
Complete Forward - Attack :) as is

Hi Raikan, this tactic seems to work for my underachiving AS Roma side. Have some central midfield issues tho.
I have De Rossi, Moussa Sissoko, Ganso, Lamela, Gago, how would u use those guys? I changed De Rossi to deep lying playaker and sissoko to Box to Box

Otherwise the tactic is just awesome (beating Lazio 3-0 as we speak), only concern is central mid who never seems to get decent grades

Thanks in advance
hey bud, glad its working well ;)

you have De Rossi in the DM slot? have you edited his PI's? this needs to be done, give him a bit more creative freedom and passing.

which side of the Cm? who are you playing in the 3 central mids position? De Rossi - DM, Sissoko - Cm, Gago - Cm? Ganso would suffer a bit in the central mid position as he is more attacking than helping out with defence. My other Amc tactic would suit him better, if playing a DLP you will need a little more defensive cover in front of him to help protect him :)

Complete Forward - Attack :) as is

hey bud, glad its working well ;)

you have De Rossi in the DM slot? have you edited his PI's? this needs to be done, give him a bit more creative freedom and passing.

which side of the Cm? who are you playing in the 3 central mids position? De Rossi - DM, Sissoko - Cm, Gago - Cm? Ganso would suffer a bit in the central mid position as he is more attacking than helping out with defence. My other Amc tactic would suit him better, if playing a DLP you will need a little more defensive cover in front of him to help protect him :)

Hi Raikan, thanks for the response. Sold De Rossi so dont have to worry about that issue anymore :) Working brilliantly atm, Ganso is suffering a bit like you said but is still performing in CM. Right now im using this midfield:

DM: Annan/Kouyate (Defensive midfielder Defend)
CML: Ganso/Lamela/Witsel (Advanced Playmaker Attack) CMR: Sissoko/Annan (Box To Box Midfielder Support)

I did try your other formation aswell but didnt serve as good as this one, going for third consectutive Serie A Title with your tactic with some tweaks, works really well

Tried to retrain Ganso/Lamela in CML but maybe I should find a more suitable player, Witsel is a new signing and seems to be doing ok. Might be going for Andrea Pilo instead or changing to your old tactic but since this is going so well I might just stick with it. Who would you recommend in the Advanced playmaker spot?

Also If u dont mind recommend some italian players for this setup?

Current squad is:

GK: Stekelenburg/Areola
DL: Ansaldi/Traore/Beck
DR: Beck/Mattioni
DC: Burdisso/Munoz
DC: Bocchetti
DM: Annan/Kouyate
CML: Ganso/Witsel/Lamela
CMR: Sissoko/Annan
AML: Hazard/Bojan/Lamela/Götze (cant get this guy to perform)
AMR: Valencia/Fetfatzidis/Bojan
ST: Derdiyok/Bojan/Acquafresca (best role for Acquafresca as lone ST?)

Thanks

Last edited: