you definately wont be hit on the counter if you have 2 Dm's patrolling the park mate :) you do however need some sort of creative focal point in the centre unless your Dm's have good passing, decisions and semi decent creativity stats :)

hey raikan mate. i switched to ur tactics in my second season. i would like to ask you this. im with arsenal, and ive assigned fabregas to advanced playmaker. question is, he is nt performing. so should i continue him in that position or should i change him to another position? also, ive noticed that my strikers is nt scoring as much as they always do. should i change any of my striker's position? ive gt chamakh, van persie, podolski (all 3 have been beasts) and fleck but yet, ive just only used ur tactics, its like they have been playing with these tactics for 10 games. besides that, ive been conceding alot. my keeper is enyeama, with luisao, koscielny, vermealen, galeano and wehbi ( regen). any changes to be made bro? thanks alot in advance mate.

Hey Raikan, I'm new to these forums but been a lifelong FM player, and must thank you for sharing this tactic with us all! I'm in my 3rd season with Norwich, managed to get promoted to the Premiership in my first season, and narrowly survived in my 2nd season using other tactics, however really began to struggle towards the end and realized I needed a new tactic desperately. I gave this tactic a go, tinkered with the defensive line so it was just 2 notches past the middle on the slider and now find myself top of the Premiership with a relatively average premier league squad. Spent relatively little in my prem-survival season, buying Higginbotham and Mignolet, and getting Ferguson and Roger Johnson from Birmingham who found themselves relegated at the start of my 3rd and current season.

The only things I've experimented with are throw ins as I found a lot of the throws on "mixed" were being tossed aimlessly into the box and the better sides were breaking on me, so I switched it to "short" and now rarely lose possession with throw ins high up the pitch. Also changed the defensive line to suit my center backs who aren't particularly past to a more normal line.

Mignolet, Coleman (loan), R Johnson, D Higginbotham, M Tierney, E Bennett, B Ferguson, K Thompson (loan), W Hoolahan, J Vaughan, M Niculae.

10 games in, 8 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses, 18 scored, 8 conceded, and 100% win record at home so far.

Stunning tactic :)

that is very impressive mate, thank you :) glad to hear its working! keep us updated mate!

Hey, Raikan

I've just started a new game as Spurs I am currently in October in the 1st Season, I have been using your 4-4-2 tactic I am very impressed with this tactic.

So far I have i have only lost one game which was 2-1 to Bolton and drew 1-1 with Liverpool

Some of my best wins are 5-0 v Arsenal, 5-2 v Chelsea

Squad Line Up

GK: Akinfeev/Gomes
DR: Corluka/Hutton
DRC: Dawson/Gallas
DLC: Bassong/King
DL: Bale/Bassong
MRC: Van der Vaart/Modric
MLC: Huddlestone/Sandro/Palacios
AMR: Pienaar/Lennon
AML: Kranjar/Bale
STCR: Defoe/Bakambu
STCL: Love/Pavlyuchenko

Matches so far.

Thanks for uploading this excellent tactic I will post an update at end of the 1st season to show how I have progressed.

once again, very impressive results there mate :) 7:0 vs Celtic lol! nice!

good luck vs United

once again, very impressive results there mate :) 7:0 vs Celtic lol! nice!

good luck vs United

Drew 1 - 1 with Man United it was a very intensive match with both sides having goals disallowed

A Few more results below

thats pretty impressive mate, I am from SA, Durban actually and I dont watch the PSL to be honest. but to come top 4 at least with that team is impressive to say the least!

Chiefs, Pirates, Supersport United, Sundowns and Ajax C.T are all very strong teams.

congratulations bud

Hi Raikan, hope you are well!

Just an update on my Norwich game as promised. Managed to just scrape a 4th placed finish and qualify for the Champions League. Now into my 4th season i'm sitting 3rd after 12 games, just 1 point off top spot so this tactic is consistently keeping me top 6. I cant really expect to challenge for the title of progress far in Europe because my squad simply isn't as strong as "the big 4".

My only question is what can I do to be consistent away from home? My home form last season and so far this season has been flawless. Last year it was 13/5/1, this year so far it is 5/1/0. However my away form seems a little shaky and seem to be getting far too many draws and failing to convert them into wins. Any ideas on what could help me convert these draws into wins?

Thanks again for such a good tactic :)

hey bud, if you have been using it for a while now have you seen what type of tactics/formations make you struggle in certain games? try dropping one of the strikers maybe to either another Cm (attacking or defensive) to try and dominate the game from the centre? play quicker and on the counter and deeper too! :)

glad to hear its working well mate! well done though on your progress, its not just tactics.... :)

It's a great tactic, currently undefeated with Man Utd in February (I know it's not that difficult to do).

Feedback... it's a little inconsistent. I beat Chelsea 4-0 in the community shield, but almost lost to Birmingham 1-0 at home. Birmingham played a 4-4-2 and Chelsea played their 4-1-2-1-2. I dominated the game Birmingham game, but they had 3 clear cut chances. The Chelsea was pretty close and they only had 1 clear cut chance. Not sure if this is a narrow vs. wide thing, whether Birmingham played the counter or not, or something else. It might also be because VDS is getting worse every day and the Birmingham game was in mid January.

My *** man keeps saying theres a gap between the defensive line and midfield. is that a problem?

Another thing, should I stay away from slow target men? I want Lukaku, Sanogo, Adebayor, etc. but I'm scared they wont be good poachers.

Should the fullbacks be more defensive or attacking? Or fast and bad at defending (Micah Richards) or slow and good at defending (Criscito)?

Thanks for the tactic

oh and I'm not sure if there's a link to this thread on the download page

Last edited:
hey mate, glad its working well :)

you can set the Cml (defensive Cm) to drop deeper (run from deep never) and run with ball (never)
set Vidic to Stopper to fill the gap if one is created!

a mixture of both would be the best for the fullbacks :)

yeah, stay away from Target men, they are not that useful in this series :)

Hey man !

i am using this tactic at Sunderland and its perfect ! i have only buyed Eljero Elia , and he is worth the money ! My possesion is 3'rd behind Arsenal and Man city ... i won 5-0 against Arsenal ! and that's sick .. can u recommend some players ?

Hey Raikan i was having a look in your Manchester United guide. I see you have made quite a few tactics for united in there, is this the best one of the lot?

Hey Raikan, i read your Manchester United Guide. In that thread you have a few tactics floating about which you claim are suitable to use for United. Which of those tactics do you consider to be the best? this one?

Also i am trying to get a particular playing style, would your tactic be good as a base to tweak to my liking?
Also are there any tweaks you yourself may suggest to improve the tactic before i go and make my own tweaks?

For instance in midfield you have 2 supporting players, would it possible to change this to one attacking(sneijder) and one defending(fletcher) ?

Hey man !

i am using this tactic at Sunderland and its perfect ! i have only buyed Eljero Elia , and he is worth the money ! My possesion is 3'rd behind Arsenal and Man city ... i won 5-0 against Arsenal ! and that's sick .. can u recommend some players ?
awesome mate :) Elia is a great buy! what positions do you need cover for and how much do you have to spend?

Hey Raikan i was having a look in your Manchester United guide. I see you have made quite a few tactics for united in there, is this the best one of the lot?

Hey Raikan, i read your Manchester United Guide. In that thread you have a few tactics floating about which you claim are suitable to use for United. Which of those tactics do you consider to be the best? this one?

Also i am trying to get a particular playing style, would your tactic be good as a base to tweak to my liking?
Also are there any tweaks you yourself may suggest to improve the tactic before i go and make my own tweaks?

For instance in midfield you have 2 supporting players, would it possible to change this to one attacking(sneijder) and one defending(fletcher) ?
hey bud, I would suggest this one as the others in the guide were created from this initially :) it was for patch 11.2 but it works just as great if not better on the latest patch as well!

yeah most definately. this would be a good template to use :) good luck

i have 300 M to spend , and i have F.Campbell and A.Gyan at the top . Eljero Elia is ofcourse my key player at the wing .. i need some thing at the defence or the mitfield