Raikan007's "Swoop there it Is" 433 Dm tactic

I've finished 2nd, 6th and will place either 4th or 5th in the EPL this season with Wolverhampton. Apart from a euro cup loss to luzern, at home, starting 1 goal up on aggregate.... I've greatly enjoyed your tactic. Much obliged.

I am curious if my midfield is playing as intended. My DLP is consistently making 3 times as many passes as my AP. These come just as far up the pitch and are no less ambitious. 30 assists from the position this year compared to 15 from the APs. (injuries led me to play a BWM next to my AP for a month) I'm allowing less than a goal per game and most of my midfielders, regardless of position, are 7-7.2 on the season so the imbalance doesn't appear to be a problem with regards to performance. The hotspots and sliders are more defensive than the APs, so I'm unsure what to adjust, if anything. Is there something I should look for in my matches with regards to my APs play?

What does the midfield distribution looks like for other people? Is my AP contributing in ways I'm not aware of? I've had 3 different players at each spot over the season and all seem to perform similarly. When I replace Milijas, O'hara, Henry and company I'd like to know if I'd be wasting money bringing in a top notch AP when I might be better served grabbing a DLP.

All of this is pre 12.2

the DLP (see creative freedom) is rather high :) that is a good return mate, congrats!

you can always tone down the AP then to a more rounded Cm as the DLP seems to have taken over the creating part, this will add more stability to your team as well :)

Awesome tactic working really well for me, Main problem is as an Arsenal fan playing Walcott up front its like watching him for real. Not sure how many times a game i see the quote "great play by Walcott till the finish" lol. Did you do anythnig specific to his training to improve him?

I took this for my 2018-2019 season with Liverpool
Played it in pre-season ...

And first Match : Community shield with 4 premium players injuried ... Result :

View attachment 237974

Love this one, i'll try it on a season :wub:

Great work! Amazing tactic... I have troubles keeping possesion and getting my midfielders involved in the game this really changed my teams game! With willian and shaarawy and paloschi its a jem :)
Thank you <3

im away to try this tactic out with swansea, im loving your possesion one, i managed to beat united 1-0 at old trafford i had 67% pos..

Would it work like this?

Quintero
Sinclair Hoilett
Allen(DLP) Sigurdsson(AP)
Britton(DM)
Taylor Caulker Williams Rangel
Vorm

ive changed it to fluid control.

Really good tactic. Managed to go on a 10 match unbeaten streak with my Montpellier team

Raikan is there any away tactics you can suggest? I struggle away from home with this tactic, especially against bigger teams. I'm currently managing Chicago Fire in the MLS.. I'm not terrible at creating tactics but I just cannot seem to find the right mix for an away only tactic, wondered if you had any suggestions. :)

Raikan is there any away tactics you can suggest? I struggle away from home with this tactic, especially against bigger teams. I'm currently managing Chicago Fire in the MLS.. I'm not terrible at creating tactics but I just cannot seem to find the right mix for an away only tactic, wondered if you had any suggestions. :)

hey Andy,

away games are a lot harder this year, this would possibly be one of the better formations for away games as the DM helps out the defence..

I would set all the attacking sliders back to default (so when changing between control/attacking etc the sliders will change with it) and set it to counter and rigid, this will mean that no player will venture out of his "area" and be caught out of position, use clear ball to flanks helps alot, especially if you have quick good wingers who will then cut inside and join the striker in attacks by either crossing or playing the through ball!

pass into space and get ball forward are good as well, this makes sure the ball is played into space!

good luck :)

Will this work with a league 2 team? i am playing Port vale and have tried all the variations mentioned and i am getting hammered more often than not!

Any changes you suggest ?

Will this work with a league 2 team? i am playing Port vale and have tried all the variations mentioned and i am getting hammered more often than not!

Any changes you suggest ?

hey bud,

change the tactic :(

play on the counter, play rigid, play much quicker and drop the defensive line!

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but for about half a season now, if I have a really good first half - scoring 2-3 goals without reply - at half time, during the team talk, I change the strategy to Control and more often than not I get an extra 2-3 goals in the second half.

Still loving this tactic, it's realistic too, as in not unbeatable.

Will this one still work with the newest patch?!
And how about the shouts? Anyone using this?

cheers

Brilliant tactic

I've never been very good (or interested) in developing counter attack strategies, but this tactic is brilliant. I'm using it about half the time on my Betis save and it has been amazing. I use it on the road, when closing out games and against better opponents and I use my own possession 4-2-3-1 for games in which I am the favorite. I've made some small changes to the tactic, but nothing major. Using it, we've beaten Villarreal on the road (luckily I must add as my lb got a straight red in the first half), tied Athletic (courtesy of an game-tying injury time headed goal by a midget forward) on the road, only lost 1-0 at the Bernabeu and beaten Valencia at home.

Currently, we are top of the table in December during my first season in charge. Admittedly, we've been lucky with injuries (although Bressan is currently out for about 2-3 months) and have had some very fortunate last minute victories/draws...in other words, I don't expect to keep it up. We bought a lot of players on 48 month payment plans, but still only spent around $20 million and sold about 10 million worth of players. I've got 4 or 5 players coming next season (Juan Carlos (decent GK prospect), Luis Guilherme, Ivan Marcano and Roderick Miranda) and a couple of reinforcements in January (Prestia, Ivan Hurtado, Romario) that will be very important as both Xulu and Kara have the African Cup of Nations in January and I've got no CB depth. Also, we got lucky and picked up Moises on a free transfer after he was inexplicably released by Villarreal.

In general, Betis is a great team to play with. They've got several exceptional prospects, Montero on loan who can be bought for next to nothing if you do so early and enough decent veterans in attack to allow you to exceed expectations (also a stadium that seats over 50,000 to help pay off their $100+ million debt). This is countered by them being extraordinarily weak in the back, but there are enough quality cheap DM/CB prospects to compensate for that. We're overachieving now thanks to your tactic, but a Europa League (maybe even the 4th CL spot) is definitely achievable.

Last edited:
Another cracker, although i was playing with three forwards so my spare four forwards are now giving me a headache about not playing. BUT THE RESULTS LOOK PROMISING