Raikan007's Tactical discussion & help thread

Nope first year in i bought tevez and chillieni. Sold RDV as i don't rate him that much tbh (aswell as players like kaboul and kranjcar etc). Loaned in affelay and gibson to temporarily fill the gaps.

Just finished my 1st season now. So im going to start scouting for a right back/ left back.

Also who would be a good keeper to get? Gomez has been a bit of a donkey at times.....

Last edited:
Yeah, had 20 mil to start with.

Won the league on the last day. Won the euro cup. Unfairly lost to chelsea on penaltys in the league cup final. Knocked out by liverpool in the sixth round of the fa cup ( again we should have won).

That keeper looks amazing for his age. I think i will get him actually.

Edit* He cost me 14.5 mil :( i hope he is worth it

Last edited:
got it mate, will get stuck into it in the morning along with a few others that have asked me ;)

Jimmy, trust me he is worth it :)

cheers mate - I appreciate that. In the meantime I think I will play as England and try and get them to win the euros lol

Hey Raikan, im currently managing spurs and trying to make them become the best team in the world. So far it is working, using one of houghs tactics.

Could you reccomend a good right and left back i could buy? My assistant is suggesting van der wiel though i have never bought him before so i dont know if i should get him? I don't mind them being young or old (ish) as long as they have the potential to be great.

Jimmy_x_ wich houghs tactics are you using?

Raikan out of azpilicueta and vrsaljko who is better? Both seem to be pretty similar stats-wise

Raikan can you please look at my tactic it would be very much appreciated!

any luck Knowles91?

Hey, sorry for long time to reply. The tactic you suggested seems to work pretty well at home, I won all 4 home games (including a 7-1 win over Inter :O even when they had a full strength squad)

But it's when i'm away my team seems to struggle, after playing 4 games i've lost 3 and drawn 1. Everytime my team seems to fail pretty bad defensively, I tried swapping a few of the MC to Ball Winning and switch it to counter or defensive but I concede alot of goals. I have been playing most of the top teams away so I'm leading to that but they've all been poor performances really :(

Any ideas ?

Hi, it´s my first time Here!
So... i started my game with a lower team (2º division of Argentina), and i have no luck with the game engine.
What advice would you give to me?? Have some tactic for lower teams?
Thanks!
---
I tried some tactic, but i dont have money to buy good players who have the necessary skills... i´m lost!

After freshly joining Bayern Munich, I wasn't happy with the default formation they used, so I implemented a 4-1-1-3-1 (Accomplished) as follows: ------------------Gomez------------------ ----Ribery------Muller------Robben---- -------------Schweinsteiger------------- ----------------Gustavo------------------ -Lahm--Badstuber-Boateng-Rafinha- ----------------Neuer--------------------- subs: Ki Sung-Yong, Miyaichi (loan), Kroos, Van Buyten, Contento, Olic, Sattelmaier (GK) other significant: Sturridge (loan), Breno, Pranjic Style: Attacking/Control, Balanced ... Quick Passing, Somewhat Direct Shouts: Pass into Space, Work ball into Box, Hassle Opponent There's a tendency for games to get high scoring (e.g. beating Leverkusen 4-3, Wolfsburg 3-2, etc but also High scoring draws). This happens regardless of opposition. Almost all my goals are generated through the middle, which is a problem as well, especially since I have high quality wingers Robben and Ribery. I allow them to switch wings like they do in real games, and they are set to Inverted Forward. After 15 games Robben and Ribery have a combined 3 goals and 5 assists, which is very disappointing considering the high scoring games the team has been involved in. Most of the goals go through Muller (Advanced Playmaker, i believe) with Gomez set to a Target Man or a Poacher. Muller and Gomez both sit at 12+ goals each with a kind amount of assists. However, these two players have a tendency to get knocks and yellow cards and I'm worried that with the ineffectual Robbery combination at the moment goals would be a problem. The central midfielders (DM and DLP) are too far from the box and hang on to the ball too long without passing but do manage to sometimes score some wonderful long range goals. Also, the major issue is with my defenders who simply cannot defend against any team with any kind of pace. Despite my team controlling 60% of the possession every game the team seems to let in a number of goals. One of my defenders are set to Ball Playing, and both are set to defend. Both my fullbacks are FB and Automatic, and are rarely caught out. At least 90% of the goals that are conceded are from pinball bounces in the box which fall to opposition, combined with the fact that every opponent have been allowed to walk to the edge of the box and take a shot. Also, on a goal kick, the ball keeps getting knocked right back towards my half, right between my two CBs, and it is ALWAYS their striker who gets the ball and gets a one-on-one opportunity. This has happened at least 6 times in the season (of which 15 games have been played). I have experimented with playing the two central midfielders deeper and in line, and they get rid of the long shots issue, but when that happens it becomes a very fast paced end to end game which I don't have possession superiority all the time in, and at that point, neither side manages to score more than 2 goals, ever. Doing that I could grind a number of 1-0 victories, but surely I can beat the likes of Hertha and Augsburg by more than 1 goal?

Hey, sorry for long time to reply. The tactic you suggested seems to work pretty well at home, I won all 4 home games (including a 7-1 win over Inter :O even when they had a full strength squad)

But it's when i'm away my team seems to struggle, after playing 4 games i've lost 3 and drawn 1. Everytime my team seems to fail pretty bad defensively, I tried swapping a few of the MC to Ball Winning and switch it to counter or defensive but I concede alot of goals. I have been playing most of the top teams away so I'm leading to that but they've all been poor performances really :(

Any ideas ?
hey bud, which one was that? away games you have to make the necessary changes to it! drop a striker to DM or the AMC to Cm etc etc play on the counter and allow them to come on to you then boom! you have to make the correct changes :) try different things for your team on away games and form an away version of the tactic :) good luck mate

Hi, it´s my first time Here!
So... i started my game with a lower team (2º division of Argentina), and i have no luck with the game engine.
What advice would you give to me?? Have some tactic for lower teams?
Thanks!
---
I tried some tactic, but i dont have money to buy good players who have the necessary skills... i´m lost!
make a tactic that suits your team, I dont know or use ME exploits! so cannot help you there...

play rigid and defend to start and then work from there, chose a formation that works for your players/team then go from there! watch the game in full and see where you need to improve :)

Raikan out of azpilicueta and vrsaljko who is better? Both seem to be pretty similar stats-wise
Sime :)

After freshly joining Bayern Munich, I wasn't happy with the default formation they used, so I implemented a 4-1-1-3-1 (Accomplished) as follows: ------------------Gomez------------------ ----Ribery------Muller------Robben---- -------------Schweinsteiger------------- ----------------Gustavo------------------ -Lahm--Badstuber-Boateng-Rafinha- ----------------Neuer--------------------- subs: Ki Sung-Yong, Miyaichi (loan), Kroos, Van Buyten, Contento, Olic, Sattelmaier (GK) other significant: Sturridge (loan), Breno, Pranjic Style: Attacking/Control, Balanced ... Quick Passing, Somewhat Direct Shouts: Pass into Space, Work ball into Box, Hassle Opponent There's a tendency for games to get high scoring (e.g. beating Leverkusen 4-3, Wolfsburg 3-2, etc but also High scoring draws). This happens regardless of opposition. Almost all my goals are generated through the middle, which is a problem as well, especially since I have high quality wingers Robben and Ribery. I allow them to switch wings like they do in real games, and they are set to Inverted Forward. After 15 games Robben and Ribery have a combined 3 goals and 5 assists, which is very disappointing considering the high scoring games the team has been involved in. Most of the goals go through Muller (Advanced Playmaker, i believe) with Gomez set to a Target Man or a Poacher. Muller and Gomez both sit at 12+ goals each with a kind amount of assists. However, these two players have a tendency to get knocks and yellow cards and I'm worried that with the ineffectual Robbery combination at the moment goals would be a problem. The central midfielders (DM and DLP) are too far from the box and hang on to the ball too long without passing but do manage to sometimes score some wonderful long range goals. Also, the major issue is with my defenders who simply cannot defend against any team with any kind of pace. Despite my team controlling 60% of the possession every game the team seems to let in a number of goals. One of my defenders are set to Ball Playing, and both are set to defend. Both my fullbacks are FB and Automatic, and are rarely caught out. At least 90% of the goals that are conceded are from pinball bounces in the box which fall to opposition, combined with the fact that every opponent have been allowed to walk to the edge of the box and take a shot. Also, on a goal kick, the ball keeps getting knocked right back towards my half, right between my two CBs, and it is ALWAYS their striker who gets the ball and gets a one-on-one opportunity. This has happened at least 6 times in the season (of which 15 games have been played). I have experimented with playing the two central midfielders deeper and in line, and they get rid of the long shots issue, but when that happens it becomes a very fast paced end to end game which I don't have possession superiority all the time in, and at that point, neither side manages to score more than 2 goals, ever. Doing that I could grind a number of 1-0 victories, but surely I can beat the likes of Hertha and Augsburg by more than 1 goal?

you are playing to narrow and seem to be playing to far up the field as well! set your d-line deeper and ask the keeper to distribute via a quick short throw to Lahm :)

hey raikan, i was really trying to emulate man citys tactics but i am having trouble. wonder if you could help please?

hey raikan, i was really trying to emulate man citys tactics but i am having trouble. wonder if you could help please?
hey mate, this is how I would set up a 4-3-3 with Aguero and Ballotelli dropping deep and roaming free from the top 3 strikers with Dzeko in the centre as the Complete forward having a 3 man Cm with Yaya/Silva/De Jong or Milner to support the Cm.. if you like I can quickly try and make one for you as I actually need to/want to make another 4-3-3 as I am currently working on a new possession ccc tactic at the moment :)

Hi, Im managing Liverpool.
Against bigger teams like Manu etc. which they dominating mildfield all the match, i use this formation formation in midfield:

gerrard - adam
lucas (anchor man)

what role should i give to gerrard and adam? (i generally use cm attack for gerrard and cm automatic for adam.)

Hi, Im managing Liverpool.
Against bigger teams like Manu etc. which they dominating mildfield all the match, i use this formation formation in midfield:

gerrard - adam
lucas (anchor man)

what role should i give to gerrard and adam? (i generally use cm attack for gerrard and cm automatic for adam.)

hey mate, I am actually using Liverpool as we speak to test out a posession tactic I am working on! it is quite a strange setup however...

Gerrard in the CM - box to box and Adam in the CM - central attack
Lucas - DM - Support

wow thanks for the quick reply! :D
and that would be awesome, cause im pretty new to this but i wanna learn asap, so if you could make one it would be awesome so i could learn from that!
if you had time, would it be possible to also make a 4-2-3-1 tactic which mancini plays sometimes as well? thanks so much for the help, much appreciated man